• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News SOL Wants More From His Attack

I have no idea why we don't with Hutchinson and Kelman
I think given our current Plight, Hutch is too lightweight to have starting games. He's not great at tracking back or challenging for the ball. With the ball at his feet going forwards is his game and we need to be in a better state then we are now to be able to afford to play that type of player

Or we score 1 they score 7....

Keep aiming for clean sheets is the best bet for me and take that into league 2 next season. New midfield and we might be ok next year.
probably new strike force two, not sure either of those that started at the weekend will play in league 2

I think given our current Plight, Hutch is too lightweight to have starting games. He's not great at tracking back or challenging for the ball. With the ball at his feet going forwards is his game and we need to be in a better state then we are now to be able to afford to play that type of player
Actually thats a fair point, unless we play 2 holding players and leave him free then he maybe too much of a luxury.

Is Andrew Cole not there to improve the strikeforce? Not being funny but Hopper, Humphrys and Kelman have talent between them all. All seemed capable of hitting the target pre-Campbell. Humphrys seems to have been in decline since removing his mask, his confidence looks shot .. on top of that Humphrys and Hopper do not appear to be on the same wavelength at all. Hopefully something new will be tried on Sat .. Kelman looked very keen against Tranmere - Hutch being left in the cold I don't get either, he's obviously p*ssed on Sol's chips.

What the big ones on each shoulder?

Actually thats a fair point, unless we play 2 holding players and leave him free then he maybe too much of a luxury.

The last few weeks we have played with 3 holding midfielders. Even Kiernan and Dieng are more holding midfielders rather than proper CB's. We rarely see a dangerous ball between them, plus Elvis is far to wasteful in good areas.....So where is the supply coming from.

We have a young lad who on 9 of his last 10 games he started had the best pass completion percentages in the team. Sadly he appears to not be part of Sols plans......What ever they are?

Not sure if its still the same but I once read that a CM makes 10 passes for every tackle......So maybe if we kept the ball better the whole team might not have to get back and tackle....64 goals conceded says no one does anyway

As we are already down and are on our way to be the worst team in league history (other candidates had legitimate excuses)......What is the risk of trying a little 'luxury'....It was just what was needed after 60 mins v Tranmere and he would have been ideal for the set pieces alone.

I'm sure you all know who I am talking about....Even if Sol doesn't.

The last few weeks we have played with 3 holding midfielders. Even Kiernan and Dieng are more holding midfielders rather than proper CB's. We rarely see a dangerous ball between them, plus Elvis is far to wasteful in good areas.....So where is the supply coming from.

We have a young lad who on 9 of his last 10 games he started had the best pass completion percentages in the team. Sadly he appears to not be part of Sols plans......What ever they are?

Not sure if its still the same but I once read that a CM makes 10 passes for every tackle......So maybe if we kept the ball better the whole team might not have to get back and tackle....64 goals conceded says no one does anyway

As we are already down and are on our way to be the worst team in league history (other candidates had legitimate excuses)......What is the risk of trying a little 'luxury'....It was just what was needed after 60 mins v Tranmere and he would have been ideal for the set pieces alone.

Kiernan is a CB, has played there his entire career

Kiernan is a CB, has played there his entire career

He may well have done but his only good games for us were as a CM...As a CB for us this season he doesn't mark, head or block shots.

He may well have done but his only good games for us were as a CM...As a CB for us this season he doesn't mark, head or block shots.
In fairness I thought he had a good game Saturday- be it against crap opposition- but in general I agree with your point

As an aside I know no one at the club and have zero inside info.
there are a few people on here ( we/they know who they are) who clearly have inside knowledge. Do any of the above hear anything positive about Sol? Maybe I am forgetting certain posts but it seems like those “itk” have lots of negative things to say.
maybe unfair, and I am being lazy and not trawling through old posts

Do we not have a full time attacking coach in Andy Cole for the first time ever. I can see no tangible benefit of what he has added to our strikers thus far!!

He should be demanding more from 90% of the players, a lot of them just ain’t up to it, harder getting players out of the club now, will be easier at the end of the season.
Demand all you like.. if the players arnt up to it.... need I point out the error? Clearly yes ;)

Do we not have a full time attacking coach in Andy Cole for the first time ever. I can see no tangible benefit of what he has added to our strikers thus far!!

When you have players like Sion Cox refusing to do the drills AC has set.....You wont see any improvement. The only thing you can do is bin them.

I Know we have been playing 3 midfielders, but i was more seeing that Mantom was more upfield, box to box so to speak with Demi and mIlligan staying back (althou Demi does drift upfield). Buy you make good points as always (though I may not agree all the time ;) )

The huge problem with our front line is actually our midfield, and it has been since Lenny left.

Strikers need service, and we haven't really been getting that right for at least 18 months now. We don't have a functioning creative playmaker, and that that is largely because people like JD, and Mantom are plugging gaping holes, and Hutch, Kelman and one or two others are still too lightweight and inexperienced to be playing week after week. We have no cover at LB, no cover at CH, young Elvis is doing well but probably needs a rest, and we are still patching players up and sending them back out. We have a holding midfielder doing a better job at CH than most other options, and we have a winger now playing at LB.

Much has been said already about Milligan, and I agree to an extent but he isn't actually the real problem. The million dollar issue was the crippling injury list under CP, selling off Lenny, Jack Payne and the Dru without youngsters being totally ready or decent replacements arriving to fill the voids.

Back