• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Solihull Moors 1-1 Southend United

Funny how quick the usual suspects were to post the negativity when the match thread opened and embarrassingly missing from the post match thread, 🤔 Oh well it's about opinions I suppose. Great result considering how some of the more enlightened know that Weah isn't upto this level and the we're no better off with these players than last years rabble and what with us being such a joke of a club ! Up the Blues 🤪

Not really, I'm still posting and still think we're poor even though we had a good result today. A one all draw against Sollihull Moors isn't really a result of a lifetime. Just saying.

I have a feeling he will be getting a lot of game time this season

With Lomas, Kensdale and Hobson in a back 3, I hope we can have Crowhurst and Ralph as wing backs.

Clifford can be back up LWB. I guess we also have Demi to come back as RWB as well but he may not get as many games as last season, tho he is still an important player for us in my opinion
Who’s that player we signed months ago who’s a right back too ?

An excellent afternoon on the pitch. Didn’t expect that result but we more than deserved the point and on chances could have taken all three. After conceding early we regrouped and took control of large parts of the game.

Arnold - no chance with the goal and made a couple of good saves especially second half when they went through 1 on 1

Clifford- love the lad but is defo a weak link in the side. If Lomas is fit to start Tuesday he must start and push Ralph wide

Crowhurst- excellent debut from the lad. Composed on the ball, not afraid to tackle and unlucky not to score

Kensdale, Hobson and Ralph couldn’t fault them and with Lomas back in think our defence looks ok

Miley- my MOM so composed on the ball, breaks up play and looks to get the team going forward

Husin- got booked early but still put in a disciplined performance and worked his socks off

Fonguck- as above with Husin didn’t stop working and looked knackered when he was taken off

Powell- did everything but score. Can’t fault the effort just needs a break in front of goal

Wreh- many doubted he could do it against this big Solihull defence but he put in a real shift and what a first goal to open his account

Lomas- won his headers and looked good with ball at feet

Bridge and Mooney- did their jobs when they came on and nearly carved open a late winner

Now for the other stuff. I said my thing at the ground and got shouted down by some of our fans. It’s about opinions but there is no place for fans running on the pitch and trying to attack an opponent. I was aware of the trouble to our left but couldn’t see what was going on. But if the lad hadn’t run on the pitch then the other stuff doesn’t happen.

There was also a bottle thrown at the keeper as well second half

So a good afternoon on the pitch but less so off it. But let’s not detract from the fantastic support we have this afternoon. Apparently only 386 but looked a lot more than that

If Crowhurst continues to come along nicely, we must move to protect someone who might just be a new asset to SUFC.

These are my thoughts ….
Great great result and shows a great resilience, which can be an attribute of a good spirit … all in all a great positive result… should we be in this position with our squad 2 games in? Absolutely not… I think it’s scandalous

Great for wreh to score he must be buzzing and let’s hope confidence plays a huge part in his game .

As for the fan running on the pitch I’m not bothered about that. But when they try and Interfere or bully intimate or even assult a player that’s an absolute Liberty completely muggy and the fella should be delt with accordingly .. I ****ing hate seeing that. What I have seen afterwards from the stewards was nothing short of embarrassing and appalling have they not learnt anything about how to restraint someone after the last few turbulent years ? Shocked Southend police have got some big question a coming their way I hope .

Looking forward to the drive or Halifax Tuesday a performance like that and I’ll be buzzing

Well all in all, that was a great result and the best part is we look set to become better with the return of a few players.

First half:
Solihull drove the game and in all honesty we could've been a few down by half time but some good defending from Hobson and Kensdale limited the damage to just the one.
One thing that stood out was how much time and space the oppo full backs had to carry and pass the ball in our half. Part of the problem with setting up with a back five is that there is no one to track these players and it stretched our midfield. Sbarra was the standout, and was always looking for the ball to be played in close to feet, something distinctly lacking from our midfield (notably Husin, who seemed to hide behind Sbarra when we were in possession). I wonder if Kev and Co had a plan to deal with their main man or if it simply wasn't carried out by the players.

Second half:
Overall we were much the better side this half, there was more intensity in our forward pressing and much deserved our goal. The standout this half was Ralph, who with the addition of Lomas was allowed to get forward at LWB. He was excellent in combination with Powell, Wreh and Husin (who was a different player this half, and ghosted past players like he did last season). I don't think Ralph lost an aerial battle all game, great leap on the lad. I think Clifford will lose his place for Lomas, we looked far calmer at the back with him there.
Wreh was superb this week, really caused a problem for the mountainous Solihull centre backs. Great feet, good hold up play, a real confidence booster for him.
Oh and Crowhust, great debut. Kept it simple and safe. Didn't set the world alight going forward but held his own defensively against some tricky opposition.

A draw the fair result considering both halves
UTB

If you think some of our fans moaned today, Col Ewe's have gone into meltdown. They said it was one way traffic, attack against defence, and very lucky to only concede one. The stats back that up. 73% possession for Stockport. 21 shots against 2. But Wayne Brown was watching a different game in his interview. Twice he said the game was really close. Lol. The fans did not see it that way, and are fearing the worst this season.
Results like that prove the problem with the FL/NL promotion/relegation. Teams that get out of the NL will wipe the floor with some teams right up to mid-table League 1, such is the quality needed to get out.

Not really, I'm still posting and still think we're poor even though we had a good result today. A one all draw against Sollihull Moors isn't really a result of a lifetime. Just saying.
No, but it's a very creditable early result as they have been touted as front runners.

If you think some of our fans moaned today, Col Ewe's have gone into meltdown. They said it was one way traffic, attack against defence, and very lucky to only concede one. The stats back that up. 73% possession for Stockport. 21 shots against 2. But Wayne Brown was watching a different game in his interview. Twice he said the game was really close. Lol. The fans did not see it that way, and are fearing the worst this season.

Both of them ?

Am happy with that result and said before the game a draw would be good although a win would have been better.

Let’s hope the guys can recover for Tuesday away at Halifax as playing in that heat must wipe you out.
Well done all those that travelled today especially in this heat.

Can anyone who was at the game share how Ben Coker played please, what reception he got, and would you have him back?

Back