• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Solihull Moors 1-1 Southend United

from their forum;

ame we should of won imo, first half we looked decent, great football for the goal. Southend didn’t offer much bar the save from Moulden.

However, second half Southend were the better side (again imo) and deserved their equaliser. Moors we’re our own worst enemy, ball retention was shocking!!!

Only two games gone so not gunna get too worried, Wednesday will be an interesting game.

Southend fans were a strange bunch, great before the game, observed the minutes applause brilliantly only to be let down by the div after they scored and the bottle (plastic I think 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️) thrown on the pitch. The lads calling me a fenian ******* as I walked back to the car reminded me of our own yoof, bless em 🙄
13/Aug/2022, 9:37 pm​

and another Solihull Moors fans honest appraisal of the game.

I genuinely know a Colombian lad who dresses up like he's from the nineteenth century who got stabbed for calling a bloke a Fenian ******* in a pub in Glasgow.

Anyway, I thought Southend were the better side for much of the game today. Even while we were leading, Wreh looked a constant danger, and yes, our ball retention was poor. Perhaps it comes down to the conditions a little, but I don't think we remotely looked like we had access to the usual gears we'd go through. And still, a point against a side who will be in the hunt for the final playoff place this season is not so bad, especially without playing all that well.

Have you seen the video doing the rounds on Twitter of the moron who got on the pitch and threatened Moulden being given double-George-Floyd treatment by our stewards? Doesn't look great. Though apparently the problem is that our stewards are from Eastern Europe 🙄 The two on top of him in the video are British.

I agree with you. Wasn't at the game but listened on the radio and we did sound better after the switch.
Ralph is a better wing back than Clifford in my opinion, more attacking and better defending.

I think Clifford is a better left back and does seem to be exposed in the LWB position.

However, when you play 5 at the back, either a midfielder or the LCB needs to cover and if this doesn't happen quick enough, we get overrun.

Therefore any goals that come down the wings aren't always the fault of the wingbacks.

I thought that was a gutsy performance, retrieving a result after going down so early. The fitness levels are impressive as that heat must have been very hard to play in.

Very pleased for Chris Wreh who took his chance really well with a lovely placement in that far corner. As others have said, Nathan Ralph's performance when he pushed up to LWB galvanised our attacking impetus and we were well worth the equaliser.

Encouraging signs from our youngsters today and I was impressed with Jaden Crowhurst's debut at RWB. He looked self-assured and gave no sign of it being his first league (or non-league) game. I hope this will be a good result for the collective confidence of our newly-bonding team and look forward to this season with a bit more hope following the downbeat reports from last week's game.

Nice to see the magnificent Wino at the game too.

Last edited:
Couldn't be there today or listen to it, so I was hoping to find out all about the game on this thread. Brilliant result considering our restricted choices. Arnold's painkillers must have worked well, he struggled to walk only 2 days ago.
But.... I've learnt more about some idiots 5 mins of fame than the other 85 mins!!! The individual should get banned and leave moors to decide any learning they feel appropriate retrospectively. End of.
Hopefully Tuesday it will be all about the footy only.

Can anyone who was at the game share how Ben Coker played please, what reception he got, and would you have him back?

Got the customary "boo" when he got the ball a few times when setting up for a corner, but a couple of chants of "Coker is a Shrimper" too. He done well, composed game from him in general... but as much as many think it would be good for him to be back playing for us again, I think we've moved on from falling back on signing former players, and have started to build a squad for the future now. He'll do well for Solihull for sure, but the squad dynamic that Kev & his team are putting together, is mostly promising youngsters keen to impress, wear the shirt with pride, and build up their careers.

All the posts where possible about the Fan and the Steward have now been moved to a separate thread, if you wish to comment on that subject please use that thread.

Thanks.

An excellent afternoon on the pitch. Didn’t expect that result but we more than deserved the point and on chances could have taken all three. After conceding early we regrouped and took control of large parts of the game.

Arnold - no chance with the goal and made a couple of good saves especially second half when they went through 1 on 1

Clifford- love the lad but is defo a weak link in the side. If Lomas is fit to start Tuesday he must start and push Ralph wide

Crowhurst- excellent debut from the lad. Composed on the ball, not afraid to tackle and unlucky not to score

Kensdale, Hobson and Ralph couldn’t fault them and with Lomas back in think our defence looks ok

Miley- my MOM so composed on the ball, breaks up play and looks to get the team going forward

Husin- got booked early but still put in a disciplined performance and worked his socks off

Fonguck- as above with Husin didn’t stop working and looked knackered when he was taken off

Powell- did everything but score. Can’t fault the effort just needs a break in front of goal

Wreh- many doubted he could do it against this big Solihull defence but he put in a real shift and what a first goal to open his account

Lomas- won his headers and looked good with ball at feet

Bridge and Mooney- did their jobs when they came on and nearly carved open a late winner

Now for the other stuff. I said my thing at the ground and got shouted down by some of our fans. It’s about opinions but there is no place for fans running on the pitch and trying to attack an opponent. I was aware of the trouble to our left but couldn’t see what was going on. But if the lad hadn’t run on the pitch then the other stuff doesn’t happen.

There was also a bottle thrown at the keeper as well second half

So a good afternoon on the pitch but less so off it. But let’s not detract from the fantastic support we have this afternoon. Apparently only 386 but looked a lot more than that
As always an excellent report.

Your report is a very similar view as given by the BBC commentary team.

Thank you

A shout out to Hobson. He had another good game yesterday. He gets enough stick on here, so he should be praised when he's playing well. A friend who was at the game said he was brilliant along with Kensdale. He gives his all every game, and has become that player that blocks shots by throwing his body in the way. We've all seen centre backs that are cowards in that situation. Yes we know he can improve going forward and decision making on his passing, but I think he's underrated.

Back