• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Solihull Moors 1-1 Southend United

Just watched the extended highlights. Supper Steve was his usual reliable self when called upon, Crowhurst looked very decent and Wreh looks like he could be a hell of a player for us. Seems to have it all, bit of pace, good with his feet, can hold the ball up and scores with both feet. Great bit of business.

Was incredibly frustrated watching Powell though. The lad really, really needs to learn to pass. He had two or three shots that didn’t trouble them when he could’ve pulled a cross back in the box for Wreh. A few times Crowhurst was virtually unmarked in the box on the right and was ignored. I really rate him, but if I were Kev I’d have given him a bit of a bollocking after that.

Agree. The only time he had a touch and set it off to a team mate was Wreh wrapping the ball in the top corner.

Needs to give himself another half a second and look to see if anyone's in a better spot

Didnt see the game, or listen to it, but just seen the highlights. Love his enthusiasm, but for me he's not improved his football - only his fitness. Every time its the same thing - no end product and head down too much. Yes hel get the odd penalty but is wasting too many opportuniies for me.

Indeed. And he created it all. He was in the box and darted out to receive the throw in, turned, brought into the box., played if off and ran across for the return which he buried. He could have just stayed in the box waiting for others to do something.
I remember Hussin scoring at Eastleigh from about there

Guy looks good. You don’t bang in that many goals without having something about you.

I think his strengths are more translatable to NL football than say, that of players like Goodship.
It is great to see that we have taped into raw talent from part time football .And he cost nothing unlike a striker who came on for the MOORES and cost a packet and didnt get a sniff thanks to big steve .

Indeed. And he created it all. He was in the box and darted out to receive the throw in, turned, brought into the box., played if off and ran across for the return which he buried. He could have just stayed in the box waiting for others to do something.
Great to see a player looking for the ball and moving around to make himself available. Completely unlike a certain Barrington Belgrave who always wanted the ball to feet without moving.

My 2 penny's worth
Clifford has not covered himself in glory these two openers.
He is way too keen to get forward and leaves way too much space for the opposition.
Looked better with Ralph out there.
Two good chances in the 1st half...Powell should have done better imo and good save from Crowhurst.
I though Crowhurst looked good.
Wreh improved from last week's game, excellent finish.

Quite excited about Wreh. He looks a handful, which means that even when he's not scoring he's still contributing through making space for others and occupying defenders. He's raw but exciting. I back him to be a pleasant surprise this season.

Funny how quick the usual suspects were to post the negativity when the match thread opened and embarrassingly missing from the post match thread, 🤔 Oh well it's about opinions I suppose. Great result considering how some of the more enlightened know that Weah isn't upto this level and the we're no better off with these players than last years rabble and what with us being such a joke of a club ! Up the Blues 🤪
Was the whole point of your post just to run other posters down or do you actually have something constructive to say ?

Was the whole point of your post just to run other posters down or do you actually have something constructive to say ?
Yes in answer to your question. It was constructed from the backdrop of certain 'opinions' expressed in the actual match thread, I did refer to this. I believe I conveyed my view it was a good result taking everything into consideration. So yes it was to express joy at a good result, admittedly sarcastic in it's composition but positive in the narrative. If certain individual's have a problem with that then again that's their entitled opinion and I couldn't care less! Up the Blues!

Yes in answer to your question. It was constructed from the backdrop of certain 'opinions' expressed in the actual match thread, I did refer to this. I believe I conveyed my view it was a good result taking everything into consideration. So yes it was to express joy at a good result, admittedly sarcastic in it's composition but positive in the narrative. If certain individual's have a problem with that then again that's their entitled opinion and I couldn't care less! Up the Blues!
For someone that couldn't care less about others opinions you seem to consider you own opinions worthy of note. Interesting

For someone that couldn't care less about others opinions you seem to consider you own opinions worthy of note. Interesting
No, very interested in other people's opinions, just not interested if their opinion on my opinion is without comprehension or failure to grasp the essence of the original opinion 😉 As for the worth of sharing my opinions then that's for others to judge not me.

I watched Moors V York on TV tonight, Moors looked tired, Kelly went off injured. 1-1 draw, v small crowd. York looked tidy and scored from a cross put in from Moors left side where Coker was.

Back