• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Solihull Moors v Southend United, Saturday 13th August, 15:00ko, NL

Starting XI and result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 82 82.8%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 79 79.8%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 80 80.8%
  • Louis Lomas

Votes: 46 46.5%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 81 81.8%
  • Harry Taylor

Votes: 67 67.7%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • Cav Miley

Votes: 78 78.8%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 52 52.5%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 41 41.4%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Callum Powell

Votes: 77 77.8%
  • Dan Mooney

Votes: 77 77.8%
  • Chris Wreh

Votes: 72 72.7%
  • Jake Hyde

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Jaden Crowhurst

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Collin Andeng-Ndi

• Henry Sandat

• ….

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ….

• ….

• Win

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • Lose

Votes: 48 48.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to have an outlet, preferably 2 up top or the ball will just keep coming back until eventually we concede AND then we will have no chance of getting a poi t at best.
There is a saying about if play for a draw then likely lose , or similar.
Pace, fitness, and motivation is needed NOT hesitation and fear.

------------------ ARNOLD -------------------
--- HOBSON -- KENSDALE -- LOMAS -------
CROWHURST -- TAYLOR -- MILEY -- RALPH
---- POWELL ---- WREH --- MOONEY -----

Not in a million years unfortunately. There is a rail strike on. Even if there wasn't, it's a real pain to get to via public transport.

I'm sure there are several coaches running and plenty going by car.

I'm not sure the train strike is on that particular line.

Lomas is right footed and pilayed in the Hobson role at Concord. Cannot see him on left side of 3 centre halves. If he did play, Kensdale would have to move to the left with Lomas or Hobson in the middle. Looks a lot of change just to get Clifford out. I have chosen to play Clifford with the hope he is being shown his errors, so he keeps switched on. Failing that for me, only option would be back four with proper wingers in 4-4-2 which again seems like a lot of change after just one game of the season.

I'm sure there are several coaches running and plenty going by car.

I'm not sure the train strike is on that particular line.
Ordinarily, plenty travel by train, particularly if it's a game in the Midlands. I know many did last season when Ron went rogue there.

I think the strike affects some of the journey. Certainly enough to put a few off, which is a shame.

Assuming no Taylor or Hyde or new signings I think we’d need to change formation. That’s not ideal changing formation so soon and it seems a bit reckless to throw out all the pre -season work on defensive shape but it seems the current squad is better suited for 4-2-3-1.

………………….Arnold
Crowhurst Hobson Kensdale Ralph
………….. Miley Husin
… Mooney Fonguck Bridge
………………. Wreh

Subs Lomas, Clifford, Powell, Wood, Coker

As it stands, with 29 votes, Arnold, Kenny, Ralph and Miley (those are all 1st names!) have been voted for by 90.6% of those casting their vote. I'm sure this has been asked before, but... given that there are no/very few votes for alternatives to these players, why do they not have 100%? Is it a glitch in the poll or sabotage by the doomsters who don't want any of our squad to play because "they're all rubbish"?

Ordinarily, plenty travel by train, particularly if it's a game in the Midlands. I know many did last season when Ron went rogue there.

I think the strike affects some of the journey. Certainly enough to put a few off, which is a shame.
The ground is in the middle of nowhere. Most people who wanted the tick went last season. It’s £21. We will probably lose heavily. Our turnout will be one of the poorest for a good while.

Assuming no Taylor or Hyde or new signings I think we’d need to change formation. That’s not ideal changing formation so soon and it seems a bit reckless to throw out all the pre -season work on defensive shape but it seems the current squad is better suited for 4-2-3-1.

………………….Arnold
Crowhurst Hobson Kensdale Ralph
………….. Miley Husin
… Mooney Fonguck Bridge
………………. Wreh

Subs Lomas, Clifford, Powell, Wood, Coker
Actually yep, was thinking about this since Saturday and with what we have, 4231 really would would for us.

Given his cameo Saturday though Bridge for Powell for me - people moaned about Powell not getting his head up or being selfish etc, but at least he made things happen. Watching the highlights from Saturday most of everything we did second half featured him.

Also, harsh on Taylor to be bombed! Was MoM for me and I'd stick him centre mid for Husin, especially in a 4231 where you want 2 sitting defensively.

But yea, would love to see it, but not sure Maher has the capacity to look beyond 3 at the back.

As it stands today there's no way steveeee can run yet alone play! Taylor too. If things settle they might be able to make saturday. Badly needed.
Lomas and JD both playing tomorrow . One to gain match fitness and one to retain match fitness.
Murphy is training outside now but realistically maybe 2 mths from involved in matches. Cardwell miles further away.
Just to make things more interesting , I think tomorrow's game is at ipswich , who are rumoured to be sniffing around Ollie.

As it stands today there's no way steveeee can run yet alone play! Taylor too. If things settle they might be able to make saturday. Badly needed.
Lomas and JD both playing tomorrow . One to gain match fitness and one to retain match fitness.
Murphy is training outside now but realistically maybe 2 mths from involved in matches. Cardwell miles further away.
Just to make things more interesting , I think tomorrow's game is at ipswich , who are rumoured to be sniffing around Ollie.

Tomorrow's game?

So basically we are royally depleted and against one of the strongest sides in the league.

It's really making me question whether I should go to be honest.

Tomorrow
Friendly at ipswich
for the youngsters plus JD and lomas and Colin too I think- 3pm
Let's hope injuries settle quickly and painkil!ers work!

Even with everyone fit we would still have tough task of getting something at sulihull.... now will be lucky to walk away with 1-0 defeat. Can see us getting hammering unfortunately. 3-0 sulihull

The ground is in the middle of nowhere. Most people who wanted the tick went last season. It’s £21. We will probably lose heavily. Our turnout will be one of the poorest for a good while.
Why will we lose heavily? Most neutral pundits and NL experts fancy them to be up there, most fancy us to be top half and pushing for the playoffs. No reason we won't give them a good game despite our injury issues.

Yeah, I’ve just gone onto their online ticketing site and can’t see an “away” option. But it is early and I’m only on my first coffee.

Taylor should not start at RWB again, if we play 3-4-3 again, cos it’s make our attack look ineffective, with Clifford going backward.

Why will we lose heavily? Most neutral pundits and NL experts fancy them to be up there, most fancy us to be top half and pushing for the playoffs. No reason we won't give them a good game despite our injury issues.
I hope they prove me wrong but same issues as last season, leaky at the back and toothless up front. Solihull started well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back