• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Solving this recession/economic slowdown malarky

chadded

Not striking since 2004
Now, I reckon I'd make a great Prime Minister, I'd model myself on Hugh Grant in Love Actually, mainly cos I'd belt Martine McCutchen, but anyway.

So, solving this gloomy problem. Build prisons. 5 or 6 massive ones. Would take loads of people to build the things, then would create a load of Prison officer jobs as well. Not the most glamourous job, but a decent career. **** the Human rights bollocks, start locking crims up for the full sentence. no early release, no playstations, but decent rehab programs. Proper maximum security jobbies, so that no contraband gets in, then the crims can't get their fix of smack, so we're doing them a favour. Single cells, that are effing tiny, and cold. Solitary confinement for 20 hours a day, that sort of ****.

This could send a massive warning to crims and chavs that they arent going to get away with it, and maybe, they'll stop offending. Crime costs this country stupid amounts of cash, so the prisons would end up paying for themselves.

Let some crims do the community service, under supervision, and them lock them up at night again.

Bring back the death penalty. By firing squad. Mandatory punishment for rape, kiddy fiddling and murder. Let the firing squad be the Armed Forces. east target practice. A bullet costs about 9p.

that's just the start. I'm bored and fed up of reading about doom and gloom in the papers. As big mouth billy bass says... don't worry, be happy.

One thing I must say though, whether the addicts go clean in the cells, when they come back out, no matter what they're telling themselves in their head, 95%+ will go straight back to their old lifestyle.

if you want kids not to get onto drugs, stop teaching them chemistry @ school! ;)

Bring back the death penalty. By firing squad. Mandatory punishment for rape, kiddy fiddling and murder. Let the firing squad be the Armed Forces. east target practice. A bullet costs about 9p.

came up with a theory we should send all murderers, peado's etc. to war in iraq and see how manly they really are.

also think we should test how much immigrants really wanna be here/come here by sending them all to war.

also i would have no unemployed anyone on JSA would do atleast 20 hours per week cleaning toilets, even if they have been cleaned already go and clean them again, or suffer the fate of the immigrants.

Do Comic Relief/Children in Need... but instead of giving the money away, keep it.

came up with a theory we should send all murderers, peado's etc. to war in iraq and see how manly they really are.

Do men commit these crimes to prove their masculinity?

If that's the case I'd hate to spill Gary Glitter and Leslie Grantham's pint in an unlikely pub accident because they would undoubtedly kick me round the car park like a rag doll.

Last edited:
This could send a massive warning to crims and chavs that they arent going to get away with it, and maybe, they'll stop offending. Crime costs this country stupid amounts of cash, so the prisons would end up paying for themselves.

Let some crims do the community service, under supervision, and them lock them up at night again.

that's just the start. I'm bored and fed up of reading about doom and gloom in the papers. As big mouth billy bass says... don't worry, be happy.

I'm no expert in criminality, but I suspect crimes are committed not because the punishments are light, but because criminals think they aren't going to be caught.

Also, if prison was quite as cosy as people think, wouldn't the conviction rate be a lot higher as people would plead guilty in order to get to spend time 'inside'?

As for your east target practice, I hope your finger is more steady on your trigger than on your keyboard.

Do men commit these crimes to prove their masculinity?

If that's the case I'd hate to spill Gary Glitter and Leslie Grantham's pint in an unlikely pub accident because they would undoubtedly kick me round the car park like a rag doll.

Whats Dirty Den got to do with all this ?? didn't realise he was a fiddler ??

I'm no expert in criminality, but I suspect crimes are committed not because the punishments are light, but because criminals think they aren't going to be caught.
Agree with that. That should apply to anyone and everything though. You're currently sitting on ShrimperZone. Would you still be doing it if your employer took a very dim view and you just don't think you'll be caught?

Also, if prison was quite as cosy as people think, wouldn't the conviction rate be a lot higher as people would plead guilty in order to get to spend time 'inside'?
I think prison is far too cosy. Obviously it's not as cosy as the outside world where you have freedom to go and do what you want. Why the hell should they even get a television? PC gone barmy. Agree with Chadded. Stick them in a tiny one man cell for 20 hours (maybe slightly less) and you'll get more people wanting to not re-offend again IMO. Or being wiser to not get caught. Either way, it works IMO.

As for your east target practice, I hope your finger is more steady on your trigger than on your keyboard.
I can confirm after an incident in Varsity, Chaddeds trigger finger isn't that strong.

Back