• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Some Cheese for the Weekend

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
Che Wilson's musings are on the official site here...

Wilson looking to continue home form

Whilst some of Dave&#39;s comments are a trifle erratic (e.g. <span style='color:blue'>&quot;The Blues have won their last four encounters, conceding just two goals in the process...&quot;</span> - but then perhaps I imagined the fact that we conceded 5 goals during the course of last week&#33;), perhaps the last word should go to Mr. Wilson&#39;s namesake - indeed, this should be our motto for the rest of the season&#33;

biggrin.gif

50030~Che-Guevara-Hasta-La-Victoria-Siempre-Posters.jpg

Matt

There&#39;s also a story about the initiatives the club is taking in terms of their Football in the Community Scheme:

Community Update

That article - and the news in it - is cracking and heartening reading. The club (and Scriv, for doing the article) are to be heartily congratulated.

Onwards and upwards with SUFC&#33;

biggrin.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 23 2006,12:32)]Che Wilson&#39;s musings are on the official site here...

Wilson looking to continue home form

Whilst some of Dave&#39;s comments are a trifle erratic (e.g. <span style='color:blue'>&quot;The Blues have won their last four encounters, conceding just two goals in the process...&quot;</span> - but then perhaps I imagined the fact that we conceded 5 goals during the course of last week&#33;),
Matt
Che is talking about our home form, and indeed we have only conceded 2 in the last four - against Bournemouth and Brentford. Context is everything&#33;

biggrin.gif

He probably didn&#39;t think that anyone would trawl through the article, pick out a single dodgy sentence and then come on here and make a thread out of it.

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Feb. 23 2006,12:49)]He probably didn&#39;t think that anyone would trawl through the article, pick out a single dodgy sentence and then come on here and make a thread out of it.

tounge.gif
Come on, Dave knows me well enough to know that that&#39;s precisely the sort of thing I&#39;d do...

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 23 2006,12:42)]There's also a story about the initiatives the club is taking in terms of their Football in the Community Scheme:

Community Update

That article - and the news in it - is cracking and heartening reading.  The club (and Scriv, for doing the article) are to be heartily congratulated.

Onwards and upwards with SUFC!

biggrin.gif

Matt
Indeed, Matt, great to see the club getting so involved

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]"Never has there been a better opportunity to work with us in helping to make real, positive differences to people's lives in all areas of the community".

Is this REALLY the Southend United I love? Happy days.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 23 2006,12:42)]There's also a story about the initiatives the club is taking in terms of their Football in the Community Scheme:

Community Update

That article - and the news in it - is cracking and heartening reading.  The club (and Scriv, for doing the article) are to be heartily congratulated.

Onwards and upwards with SUFC!

biggrin.gif

Matt
I knew there was a marked slope at Underhill, and at Yeovil's old ground, but I never realised we had such a himalayan slope at Roots Hall. You wouldn't like to be playing uphill into the wind come Saturday.

Just remembered that our last home league defeat was on the 12th November against Swansea. Thats promtion form. And before that was our very first game against Vale. Long may it continue.

IMO after the easter monday game is when we will really know what we will happen to us. If we can win 4 of the 5 home games up to then and pick up points at Col******r, Bournemouth, Barnsley and get a win at MK Dons then I reckon then just a point from the three remaining games after that will see us playing Championship football next season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Feb. 23 2006,13:05)]Just remembered that our last home league defeat was on the 12th November against Swansea. Thats promtion form. And before that was our very first game against Vale. Long may it continue.

IMO after the easter monday game is when we will really know what we will happen to us. If we can win 4 of the 5 home games up to then and pick up points at Col******r, Bournemouth, Barnsley and get a win at MK Dons then I reckon then just a point from the three remaining games after that will see us playing Championship football next season.
You make it sound so easy....
tounge.gif

Hopefully the other top teamks will continue to beat each other.

I got an feeling that getting 81 points could be enough for top 2 finish - so 6 wins from last 12 game will do it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Feb. 23 2006,13:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Feb. 23 2006,13:05)]Just remembered that our last home league defeat was on the 12th November against Swansea.  Thats promtion form. And before that was our very first game against Vale. Long may it continue.

You make it sound so easy....  
tounge.gif

Hopefully the other top teamks will continue to beat each other.
I am just going to sit back, put the champgane on ice, cut off the tip of my cigar and wait for the points to come rolling in!

istockphoto_536622_after_party.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Feb. 23 2006,13:52)]I got an feeling that getting 81 points could be enough for top 2 finish - so 6 wins from last 12 game will do it.
I&#39;d be extremely surprised if 81 points was enough. And even so, that would most definitely mean a very very nervous afternoon on May 6th as should not be enough points actually going into the game as well....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Feb. 23 2006,14:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Feb. 23 2006,13:52)]I got an feeling that getting 81 points could be enough for top 2 finish - so 6 wins from last 12 game will do it.
I'd be extremely surprised if 81 points was enough.  And even so, that would most definitely mean a very very nervous afternoon on May 6th as should not be enough points actually going into the game as well....
'twill be 86 for automatic promotion

ORM predicts 83 points for automatic promotion which will be achieved at Swansea. This will make a carnival atmosphere for the last home game, where (true to 1991 form) we will capitulate in our attempt to take the title. About an hour after this the doom and gloom merchants will be straight on this board predicting that we will come straight back down.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Feb. 23 2006,13:05)]Just remembered that our last home league defeat was on the 12th November against Swansea.  Thats promtion form. And before that was our very first game against Vale. Long may it continue.

too many ifs there mate , i thought was a cliche but i can now see why they all say " we're gonna take one game at a time" !!! I fancy us us to to be promoted but there still lies ahead more twist n turns than a twisty turny thing on a twisty turny day !!!!!!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Feb. 23 2006,14:13)]ORM predicts 83 points for automatic promotion which will be achieved at Swansea. This will make a carnival atmosphere for the last home game, where (true to 1991 form) we will capitulate in our attempt to take the title. About an hour after this the doom and gloom merchants will be straight on this board predicting that we will come straight back down.  
laugh.gif
An hour after the last game?

Sorry ORM, they started about 2 months ago!

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]&quot;Never has there been a better opportunity to work with us in helping to make real, positive differences to people&#39;s lives in all areas of the community&quot;.

... although we will beat seven bells of sh&#33;t out of them if they come to Roots Hall and dare to stand up for a millisecond during the match ...

wink.gif

Back