• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Some Club Staff Salaries Late/Embargo Chat - now resolved (for now)

Mussa & Kelly were top top targets for the football dept the whole summer. Make no mistake.

We lost out on both after doing huge amounts of groundwork.

One due to Ron's over involvement (as already mentioned) and the second due to our name being mud and an outright refusal to do business with us.

This is what has become of our club, due to one man.

Anyone working for this club is quite frankly ****ing into the wind. Very depressing and I imagine frustrating for those involved trying to better this club.

Mussa & Kelly were top top targets for the football dept the whole summer. Make no mistake.

We lost out on both after doing huge amounts of groundwork.

One due to Ron's over involvement (as already mentioned) and the second due to our name being mud and an outright refusal to do business with us.

This is what has become of our club, due to one man.

Anyone working for this club is quite frankly ****ing into the wind. Very depressing and I imagine frustrating for those involved trying to better this club.

You talk about our club like it's a load of ****.

It's almost as if we didn't manage to sign the National League Young Player of the Year and a Poland youth international!

Benno and Currie are manager level coaches as well. If things were really **** they could walk out of the club and easily attract a job.

It's easy to talk Ron down for ruining our reputation, but Lopata, a huge fan favourite, was shouting praises of Ron for getting the deal across the line. As much as he's ****ed two signings, he has still managed to get decent ones over the line.

You talk about our club like it's a load of ****.

It's almost as if we didn't manage to sign the National League Young Player of the Year and a Poland youth international!

Benno and Currie are manager level coaches as well. If things were really **** they could walk out of the club and easily attract a job.

It's easy to talk Ron down for ruining our reputation, but Lopata, a huge fan favourite, was shouting praises of Ron for getting the deal across the line. As much as he's ****ed two signings, he has still managed to get decent ones over the line.

Signing Lopata or anyone, should not gloss over the fact that this club is in a right old mess off the field.

I didn't mention anything about Benno and Currie?...But yes you are right there, they could walk, as could Kev, Stan, Tom and any other members of staff. Perhaps they will if things don't improve?...

Many staff members lower down the food chain already have walked in fact, as it is such a shambles.

Signing Lopata or anyone, should not gloss over the fact that this club is in a right old mess off the field.

I didn't mention anything about Benno and Currie?...But yes you are right there, they could walk, as could Kev, Stan, Tom and any other members of staff. Perhaps they will if things don't improve?...

Many staff members lower down the food chain already have walked in fact, as it is such a shambles.
This is so sad. Fair enough if it was one off incidences but seems things are actually worse behind the scenes than fans realise. Wonder if the echo football correspondent knows more as well? Certainly isn’t public knowledge.

I disagree, there are a lot of very good people at the club, including, Tom, Stan, John plus many more. The only issue with our club is Ron!
The issue is Ron yes, completely agree. I was including John within my list actually so again I agree there. Stan has clearly brought in a lot of sponsorship which is great, I'd love to know more about what he's done but I understand that's not how things work. That isn't a criticism, it's nice to know what successes we've had off the field as we're not used to it.

Regarding Tom, similar to Stan, I'd love to know what he gets up too because I for one have no idea. Perhaps he doesn't want to blow his own trumpet which I get but he seems awfully quiet to me. I expected more transparency and fan engagement but that seems dead now, to me anyway.

I know we have to be realistic, your not going to get a bunch of blokes listing all their successes and failures. I'm just saying in an ideal world it would be great to know a bit more about what some people actually do.

Regarding there being a lot of good staff at the club, I don't deny that. It does however seem more and more good people are leaving and understandably so which is why making sure people are paid on time should be the highest priority. If I were a staff member I would be fuming reading Ron's statements and just brushing it off as if it's nothing. Most people live paycheck to paycheck and can't afford to go weeks without payment.

I had heard he had blocked it because Mussa's agent was asking for a % of future sale which made it less interesting business-wise.
No no that’s fine fella from Maidenhead that wanted to sign for us and the deal was lined up before Ron decided he wasn’t going to pay the agents fee , so Maidenhead lost their **** with Ron who had played them as right fools and sold him to Solihull instead …. Nothing to do with all this bollox about receiving so much up front as some ‘club plants’ will have you believe, Ron pulled out of paying the agents so he was sold to Solihull who acted professionally throughout it all

So Ron pulled out of a deal because the fee to the agents was too high?

Are we meant to not like him for that because it seems to me he did the right thing for the club in that example
No no that’s fine fella from Maidenhead that wanted to sign for us and the deal was lined up before Ron decided he wasn’t going to pay the agents fee , so Maidenhead lost their **** with Ron who had played them as right fools and sold him to Solihull instead …. Nothing to do with all this bollox about receiving so much up front as some ‘club plants’ will have you believe, Ron pulled out of paying the agents so he was sold to Solihull who acted professionally throughout it all

So Ron pulled out of a deal because the fee to the agents was too high?

Are we meant to not like him for that because it seems to me he did the right thing for the club in that example

I really wish that was the only reason I don't like him.

Back