• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Some Club Staff Salaries Late/Embargo Chat - now resolved (for now)

Another month with wages over 2 weeks late 😴
That’s why they brought forward the Christmas sale of the new shirt the club are seriously seriously skint and there’s another tax bill on the horizon … but don’t worry kids the key to us getting out of this mess was the granting of planning permission (check) and it would all be ok and the new funds we are getting on October … it’s ****ing laughable it really is

I thought we want a new keeper and the 3 Amigos sacked if we lose on Saturday….. Can’t pay off sacked mangers, the Tax man and staff at the same time.

Someone has to suffer our fools gold attempt to reach the Championship….. Why not innocent staff or some of the unpaid local small businesses and supply services.

Sadly there are an amazing amount of football fans who believe the answer is always a new owner with big pockets and even bigger ideas…. That’s why football has been ruined in the first place.

Cancel your Sky and boycott the WC in Qatar…. If you want to save the beautiful game.
An owner with a pocket unzipped would be fine in this instance … somehow I think you enjoy it

That would be irritating news…. but would probably make very little difference for the next few months.

That’s why they brought forward the Christmas sale of the new shirt the club are seriously seriously skint and there’s another tax bill on the horizon … but don’t worry kids the key to us getting out of this mess was the granting of planning permission (check) and it would all be ok and the new funds we are getting on October … it’s ****ing laughable it really is
The fans and staff are treated like mugs so somebody gets their big property money pot filled. Weird prominent club members don’t point this out. It’s wolf capitalism on steroids.

Mate I know everything that’s happening I’m just rubbished on here because I’m not that soppy bloke that goes on about who’s mates with her and who we are signing in the summer

Incidentally it was Ron Martin that bloked the signing of Mossa the guy who went to Dagenham … Ron didn’t rate him so wouldn’t sign him ( true story) I’ll tell you another one next week about the guy that went to Solihull

Mate I know everything that’s happening I’m just rubbished on here because I’m not that soppy bloke that goes on about who’s mates with her and who we are signing in the summer

Incidentally it was Ron Martin that bloked the signing of Mossa the guy who went to Dagenham … Ron didn’t rate him so wouldn’t sign him ( true story) I’ll tell you another one next week about the guy that went to Solihull

Cute.

I had heard he had blocked it because Mussa's agent was asking for a % of future sale which made it less interesting business-wise.

No, I can confirm that I have been told that it was indeed Ron who blocked this because he "didn't rate him". And that was from a very reliable source.
Bet that was a popular decision amongst Still, Stan and the 3 amigos that their collective target was veto’d by the footballing genius, supreme property developer and patron saint of late payments, St Ronald.

Bet that was a popular decision amongst Still, Stan and the 3 amigos that their collective target was veto’d by the footballing genius, supreme property developer and patron saint of late payments, St Ronald.

Considering Ron was supposed to be keeping his nose out of the footballing side of things (I think, as he himself stated), it's hugely disappointing to find he's still doing the opposite.

Considering Ron was supposed to be keeping his nose out of the footballing side of things (I think, as he himself stated), it's hugely disappointing to find he's still doing the opposite.
Depends on the deal. Unfortunately its Ron's money and if he is presented with a pretty rich deal with a big sell for a player that is (to him) is not particularly "special" then can happen. Here and elsewhere. Not saying its right. Coming up with the money for Lopata plays to this. Suddenly the wallet creaked open and probably Lopata is costing more than Mussa with also a big sell on..

But here's the thing. Ron has previous. Finding the money for "names" that often turn out to be crocks or on their way down because he has heard of them, falls for the "wow" bit.

By and large we are clearly now going with a different policy and the management team are supported. But not unconditionally it seems.

I am very much for Ron please butting out and letting the management team sign who they want within the parameters and budget given...but when not Mussa and Lopata may be two sides of the same coin.

BTW Mussa has managed 200 minutes this season starting 3 times

Depends on the deal. Unfortunately its Ron's money and if he is presented with a pretty rich deal with a big sell for a player that is (to him) is not particularly "special" then can happen. Here and elsewhere. Not saying its right. Coming up with the money for Lopata plays to this. Suddenly the wallet creaked open and probably Lopata is costing more than Mussa with also a big sell on..

But here's the thing. Ron has previous. Finding the money for "names" that often turn out to be crocks or on their way down because he has heard of them, falls for the "wow" bit.

By and large we are clearly now going with a different policy and the management team are supported. But not unconditionally it seems.

I am very much for Ron please butting out and letting the management team sign who they want within the parameters and budget given...but when not Mussa and Lopata may be two sides of the same coin.

BTW Mussa has managed 200 minutes this season starting 3 times

Yes he doesn't seem to have been a big miss so far.... the other one that got away, Josh Kelly, might have been handy to have around right now.

Yes he doesn't seem to have been a big miss so far.... the other one that got away, Josh Kelly, might have been handy to have around right now.
He might have been but 3 goals in 13 appearances for Solihull so far this season (in a team that has scored 27 goals) isn't that impressive.

Back