• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Some comments during the match from CFCnet

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
12 mins in:
"Grant has put in a few good tackles already."

14 mins:
"Corner set piece nobody at the posts ....GOAL. When will that stubborn Brazilian f*** head learn ?"

On half an hourish:
""you're getting sacked in the morning" funny stuff "

After about 35 mins:
"This is eleven League One players outplaying 11 World Class Players in every department, everywhere on the pitch. It's the difference between footballers playing for the love of the game and players wishing they were in their hot tubs sh*gging their WAGs. Disgraceful. If I were to point my finger at one or two specific players, and it pains me to write this, but it's Alex and Lampard."

On 37 mins:
"See that, the lads in blue? That's how you defend a bloody corner. Excellent defending."
"So the opposition goalie is fantastic."

After 45 min:
"Lampard has a spaz attack." :O

Half Time:
"1st half Honours pretty even methinks... not a compliment."

Joe Cole's injury:
"Watch the replay. Did he get struck by invisible lightning? I don't get it."

Incidentally, don't know if anyone saw it, but several of them are also saying there was an incident right at the final whistle when Di Santo threw Barrett to the floor, and not in an affectionate way?

Last edited:
Incidentally, don't know if anyone saw it, but several of them are also saying there was an incident right at the final whistle when Di Santo threw Barrett to the floor, and not in an affectionate way?

If it's the one I saw on TV it was just as the final whistle went near our corner flag and it looked very innocuous to me. Don't think there was any malice intended.

I saw it. Handbags, but Di Santo did not immediately shake hands. But a few minutes later he came back to the same corner, took his shirt off and gave it to a Southend fan.

Kept his gloves on though. :)

Not sure where 35 mins is coming from but fiar enough. Alex was probably the architect of our goal. Or Scolari. It was made in Brazil one way or another.

Back