• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kent Shrimper

Mike Reid
A few comments taken from a Swansea City Fans site

SCFC

849)      
jacko  

Saturday, 16. October 2004 22:57  

4-2 wasnt deserved but atleast we only moved one place. Swansea need to win tuesday, come on u jacks!  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
848)      
Patrik Revelius  

Saturday, 16. October 2004 20:17  

I'm shocked. 4-2!! A very heavy defeat.
But our team must forget that game and
focus on the next game against recently top-placed Orient at home. So I'm hope
Swansea will come back and request the
first place from the thief - Orient!

Come on Swansea!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/Sad but hopefully Pat  
847)      
Jack of the Green.  

Saturday, 16. October 2004 20:02  

Well it had to happen, but not in the way I expected.
To score 2 and still lose was a big suprise.
It was also suprising to see sloppy and casual defending today too.

However, we won't play many teams better than Southend.

We did'nt get the rub of the green today
Even at 2-3 we looked like coming back, and we were a bit unlucky not to get the penalty with five minutes left.

It was'nt our day and never is very often against Southend away, even their fourth was a lucky deflection.

To cap it all we should have grabbed a third after the crossbar rebound.

Two home wins are now crucial to maintain the pace, let's hope we get a bit more luck next week.  

846)      
Jack  

Saturday, 16. October 2004 19:30  

Oh well it was bound to happen sooner or later,bring on the Orient on Tuesday,at least we got two goals away from home hopefully Gurney will be back for the match the defence had been playing musical chairs for a while now,my preffered defence would be Gurney,Monk,Austin,Ricketts.It seems strongest in my opinion.  

845)      
Jim White  

Saturday, 16. October 2004 19:13  

Guys, ihave just got back to Oxford from the game today. It has to be said that we were beaten by the better side today. Southend were very pacy and powerful moving forward and fully deserved their win. They were the best side that I have seen play against us this season (and ive only missed 4 games)

Monk started off as a right back and did not look happy there at all. He had an off day as did Kevin Austin. We had a spell in the first half where we played some great football, but we did not get more than the one goal and to be brutally honest, we looked shaky at the back today!

The first and 2nd goals seemed to both be Monk's fault today. He was out of position when the winger crossed it and Prior was his man at the corner. The 3rd goal also came from his sloppy pass across the back 4 which Austin should have reached.

Connor took his goal well and so did forbes I hear (i was in the loo for this one!) Fitzgerald looked useful when he came on, but in general we were out fought and out battled in this one.

Talking to a southend fan before the game and he said that they wwould be happy with a point. I think that kenny's view that a team will come out at us, because we were top of the league is true!!

Still, 3 points on Tuesday and were back on top!!

Gueret - 7 - Not at fault for any of the goals and made some terrific saves in the first half to keep us in it
Monk - 4 - Just had a real stinker today. He will get over it, but he and Tate clearly don't get on and they had a huge slanging match
Austin - 5 - Not his best game at all. Got harried and challenged by Gray all afternoon and his lack of pace exposed him
Tate - 7 - Our best defender today. Looked composed and made a number of key interceptions for me.
Ricketts - 6 - Offered little going forward and was caught out of position a number of times
Maylett - 5 - Flattered to decieve today. Looked hungry but it just did not come off for him
O'Leary - 5 - A poor game from Kris in my view. Looked off the pace today and struggled against a powerful southend side
Martinez - 6 - A good captain's performance and found feet with good balls in the first half but faded as the game wore on
Robinson - 6 - Had a couple of oppurtunties but looks to me like he is lacking in confidence
Trundle - 8 - My personal Man of the match - Was always available, used the ball well at his feet, set up both goals and looked a real threat.
Connor - 6 - Took his goal, really well but offered little after this.

Subs
Forbes - 7 Took goal really well and worked hard
Fitzgerald - 6 - Looked lively and won some good balls in the air. Should have scored when Trundles chip came off the bar  

844)      
Scarlet  

Saturday, 16. October 2004 19:09  

Wasn't at the match but not really a surprise that the defence shipped four as it had to happen at some point and Southend have been on a run, shame it had to be Prior on the score sheet and 8 seconds to concede?!
Hopefully it's a blip, I guess those who went can tell us more, but luckily the other top teams lost, although it should be another great atmosphere on Tuesday for another top of the table clash at the Vetch on Tuesday against Orient - exciting times!  

841)      
duggy  

Saturday, 16. October 2004 17:21  

Patrik....well done mate, you were half right, Swansea did get two goals. Shame Southend did'nt read the script.
Had to come to an end sometime.  
Just a kick up the backside I think , I hope, never mind we're home on Tuesday, lets get right behind the lads then

Back