• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Some good news within 18 hours

blue heaven

Coach
Just heard from a very reliable souce(who i trust 100%) that a there is a very good bid going in as we speak,the only down side is if Ron Martin does not accept we will go into administration on Wednesday and be decucted 10 points,then only we can be taken over one the administators are in.

Come on Ron swallow your pride sell up and lets keep those 10 points that we have worked so hard to get.

Forgive me if I don't go overboard with my excitement (and no offence to you or your source) but we've heard these takeover rumours before and they've turned out not to be true.

I'd love to see some good news and a takeover may in fact turn out to be the best course of action for the club in the short term financially but let's not forget the new stadium. How exactly would that work given that Ron's company would own the development?

Far as I am aware its a take over by a local group of very wealthy men,I only got told a hour ago.They are very seroius people with lots of dosh.I pray that Ron will accept this offer and we we can keep those points.

Sorry Shrimper there are quite a few very rich people in Southend for reasons I cant mention who they are.

I fail to see how someone from Brentwood would be attracted to the club, especially if they've seen how much we owe (is it £660,000 or £2.1Million?). Ron Martin used to be rich. :D

Let me just state categorically that I have no sources within, or indeed outside of the Club, but has anybody had the same feeling as me, that there must have been a good reason why Gary Lockett resigned from the board of directors? Local firm of national stature, doing very well even in the current economic climate...long-time super fan and general sponsor of everything Southend. Am I putting 2 & 2 together and producing 7, or would this gentleman seem a plausible option to head up a local consortium?

Personally, i hope it's true and that we manage to avoid the 10 points deduction but i can't see it. Don't know what i'd make of Gary Lockett becoming Chairman, sounds plausible though

Let me just state categorically that I have no sources within, or indeed outside of the Club, but has anybody had the same feeling as me, that there must have been a good reason why Gary Lockett resigned from the board of directors? Local firm of national stature, doing very well even in the current economic climate...long-time super fan and general sponsor of everything Southend. Am I putting 2 & 2 together and producing 7, or would this gentleman seem a plausible option to head up a local consortium?

He hasn't got the money... He's less better off than RM was when he took control of the club.

Would Ron want to keep the development rights to FF and RH and just out the Football Club or would he sell the whole set-up ?

no wealthy people in the southend area? You must be joking shrimper. There are some individuals in this fair town who could buyout a prem side let alone us, if they wanted.

Far as I am aware its a take over by a local group of very wealthy men,I only got told a hour ago.They are very seroius people with lots of dosh.I pray that Ron will accept this offer and we we can keep those points.

Sorry but if it's a choice between taking a 10 point deduction, fighting to stay alive in league one for the rest of the season and the FF development going ahead whilst the club is financially re-structured or accepting a buy out, not getting the FF development off the ground because of new ownership of all the assets and land and continuing to be a league one club for the foreseeable future I know which I'd choose. You have to look to the long term future of our club. That future lies away from Roots Hall, unfortunately, and I seriously doubt that FF would even get off the ground without RM at the steering wheel regardless of what's gone on in the past and what's brought us to the position we now find ourselves in.

He hasn't got the money... He's less better off than RM was when he took control of the club.

Indeed, but as a no-doubt well respected businessman of some stature, I am sure he would have a potentially large group of investor friends in high places....hence my suggestion that he may be lining up a bid as the head of a consortium and not necessarily the lead money man.

Would Ron want to keep the development rights to FF and RH and just out the Football Club or would he sell the whole set-up ?

I'm sure he would want to retain some kind of role in the development as he has personally invested a lot of time and money in it which does worry me, given that the club is not financially viable in its current home. Also the club's debts that he continually states that he has written off would have to be paid up.

Unless we built the stadium we would forever be relying on a sugar daddy!

Sorry but if it's a choice between taking a 10 point deduction, fighting to stay alive in league one for the rest of the season and the FF development going ahead whilst the club is financially re-structured or accepting a buy out, not getting the FF development off the ground because of new ownership of all the assets and land and continuing to be a league one club for the foreseeable future I know which I'd choose. You have to look to the long term future of our club. That future lies away from Roots Hall, unfortunately, and I seriously doubt that FF would even get off the ground without RM at the steering wheel regardless of what's gone on in the past and what's brought us to the position we now find ourselves in.

Indeed, I think a number of people within the SZ community and beyond, need to realise that our current Chairman has such a vested interest in the FF development that any potential takeover becomes a far more complex scenario than simply buying out a sinking ship and clearing the debts. I suspect any potential investor would see FF as the silver lining and potential pot of gold at the end of this distinctly grey rainbow, but let us be realistic, if he was to sell lock, stock and barrel, how would you re-imburse Uncle Ron with the potential development and future revenue generating value of FF. In my eyes, unless somebody offers Ron a monumental amount of money, he will not be walking away anytime soon, hence why I feel we will still be going into administration rather than being bought out.

Back