• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kent Shrimper

Mike Reid
I have the following player below and he has just popped to Brilliant IM, now here is my quandry. Do i sell him for a nice few quid (Transfer compare says approx 1.2 Million). Or do i keep him and build the Midfield at Southend United FC around him?

Jacob Ruskin (22438311)
22 years, passable form, healthy
A nasty fellow who is temperamental and upright.
Has wretched experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Speciality: Head

Nationality: Scotland
Total Skill Index (TSI): 7 940
Wage: 2 624 £/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: Southend United FC
Warnings: 1

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: brilliant Passing: poor
Winger: weak Defending: poor
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: poor

Career Goals: 17
Career Hattricks: 0
League goals this season: 4
Cup goals this season: 1

I would Sell him and get 3 Solid with inad/pass passing and defending 18 yr olds for around 250-300 K each to carry on training they will be worth a lot more than him once they get to Brilliant plus you still have some cash in the bank.

I think it depends on your long term strategy. Do you stand a chance of getting promoted in the next two seasons? If you do then keep him, the 'sweet' spot for selling IM's is around supernatural (£3m+) so the benefit over two seasons is large. It also depends on what level your other trainees are, would it benefit you to get younger ones or are the ones you have good enough to keep training? No point selling one player and getting 3 trainees if you only have one training space.

I train IM and all my trainees turned 19 this season so will be looking to move them on, my reluctance comes from taking a 7K TSI player off my squad.

I wont be looking for promotion this season next maybe but only a maybe as i dont think i could hold my own in Series IV

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Mar. 06 2005,15:54)]the 'sweet' spot for selling IM's is around supernatural (£3m+)
Hmm... how do you know that, Mr. B...?

And what's the "sweet spot" for selling strikers...?!

tounge.gif

Research....by other people!
biggrin.gif

Basically, you will get a bigger overall return for every extra level you train all the way up to Supernatural at which point the length of training required (due to age) does not justify the increased price you receive for the extra level. Obviously you can continue to train if you intend on keeping the player but if you're selling as part of a training regime then that's the time to do it.

That's for IM's obviously, I haven't seen any numbers for Strikers but I'm sure it wouldn't be that much different. It is however lower for defenders due to the extra training time.

Back