• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Some Possible Good News Soon?

ElstreeBlue

Coach
The last few months have been a very depressing time to be a Blues fan with all the financial uncertainty hanging over the club with the threats of possible liquidation/administration. Things are clearly still far from perfect. However, it's possible that things may be about to change.

I hear that the club's owners may have finally accepted that they can't finance the move to FF alone and have been looking to outside money to help make it happen. Apparently wealthy fans have been having talks to help fund the new development. Let's hope they come on board. If all works out well, building work at FF could start very soon.

This could be fantastic news if it happens. I personally don't care whether or not Ron Martin or anyone else makes loads of money out of the club's move and the development project. What I DO care about is whether the club has a sustainable long-term future.

If the move and building work does actually proceed, there are still key questions that we need to have answers to (and which have not yet been answered). They are:

1 What does it really mean financially for the club? And I mean no more spin and wishy-washy comments; facts please.
2 Will the club have to pay rent?
3 If so, how much and when?
4 What will happen to the rent and other monies that have been "lent" during the last few years which the club has not yet had to pay - will that finally be written off or will the club have to pay that?
5 If the club has to pay it back, on what terms?
6 Will the club have a legal entitlement to receive a share of the ancillary revenues (eg from the hotel, shops, etc)?
7 If so, how much and on what legal basis (if the club is just another tenant and does not own the land)?
8 Most importantly, how will the club's long-term financial future be enshrined, so that the club has a ground to play in, rent-free and with rights to the ancillary revenues - all for many many years to come?

I hope that if a long-standing fan comes on board then these things will be sorted for the club's long-term benefit, but it would be good for these questions all to be answered properly.

I have been critical about the lack of genuine openness surrounding the club's long-term future and have asked questions that have not previously been answered, but I hope this changes very soon and that this will encourage the fans to keep faith and coming to the club, which would surely be a win-win situation for everyone.

Nice post, but I believe that most of the questions you are asking can not be answered until the finances are put in place. For what the stadium will bring us in terms of finance then we can only predict at this point. The first few years will be going to paying off the stadium debts before all the finances can be put towards spending some serious money on improving this squad and getting us back into the championship and staying there.

The last few months have been a very depressing time to be a Blues fan with all the financial uncertainty hanging over the club with the threats of possible liquidation/administration. Things are clearly still far from perfect. However, it's possible that things may be about to change.

I hear that the club's owners may have finally accepted that they can't finance the move to FF alone and have been looking to outside money to help make it happen. Apparently wealthy fans have been having talks to help fund the new development. Let's hope they come on board. If all works out well, building work at FF could start very soon.

This could be fantastic news if it happens. I personally don't care whether or not Ron Martin or anyone else makes loads of money out of the club's move and the development project. What I DO care about is whether the club has a sustainable long-term future.

If the move and building work does actually proceed, there are still key questions that we need to have answers to (and which have not yet been answered). They are:

1 What does it really mean financially for the club? And I mean no more spin and wishy-washy comments; facts please.
2 Will the club have to pay rent?
3 If so, how much and when?
4 What will happen to the rent and other monies that have been "lent" during the last few years which the club has not yet had to pay - will that finally be written off or will the club have to pay that?
5 If the club has to pay it back, on what terms?
6 Will the club have a legal entitlement to receive a share of the ancillary revenues (eg from the hotel, shops, etc)?
7 If so, how much and on what legal basis (if the club is just another tenant and does not own the land)?
8 Most importantly, how will the club's long-term financial future be enshrined, so that the club has a ground to play in, rent-free and with rights to the ancillary revenues - all for many many years to come?

I hope that if a long-standing fan comes on board then these things will be sorted for the club's long-term benefit, but it would be good for these questions all to be answered properly.

I have been critical about the lack of genuine openness surrounding the club's long-term future and have asked questions that have not previously been answered, but I hope this changes very soon and that this will encourage the fans to keep faith and coming to the club, which would surely be a win-win situation for everyone.

I wonder where you got this information from, if we are to believe that there is in fact good news then maybe a source or a link would be more convincing. I have read too many statements this season stating 'good news', most if not all have been unfounded. UTB

I wonder where you got this information from, if we are to believe that there is in fact good news then maybe a source or a link would be more convincing. I have read too many statements this season stating 'good news', most if not all have been unfounded. UTB

I agree, though most of those have come from the direction of RM. As for more short-term 'good news,' didn't the OS state that we would have a new permanent centre-back before the weekend was out, with the possibility of a new striker too?

Why is it always demanded, that a poster states his\her source? If I came on here to give a bit of information I heard from someone and told you the source name, and then that person then finds out I have been blabbing information on the forums, he\she's not going to give me anymore information, thus cutting my own information stream from my source.

As long as people pre-post with "I've heard that....", or "From what my sources tell me....", you can just take it with a pinch of salt as we all would.

There's hardly going to be links to information that has been said verbally, so not much point in that either...

Sources can be reliable or unreliable, it doesn't mean that people should stop coming on here if they have heard things from within the club....

I agree, though most of those have come from the direction of RM. As for more short-term 'good news,' didn't the OS state that we would have a new permanent centre-back before the weekend was out, with the possibility of a new striker too?

I thought it was before the weekend. Also, I believe the new striker was Paterson.

Why is it always demanded, that a poster states his\her source? If I came on here to give a bit of information I heard from someone and told you the source name, and then that person then finds out I have been blabbing information on the forums, he\she's not going to give me anymore information, thus cutting my own information stream from my source.

As long as people pre-post with "I've heard that....", or "From what my sources tell me....", you can just take it with a pinch of salt as we all would.

There's hardly going to be links to information that has been said verbally, so not much point in that either...

Sources can be reliable or unreliable, it doesn't mean that people should stop coming on here if they have heard things from within the club....

Hope your right mate.

Until then "pinch of salt"

ElstreeBlue has some quite close links with a couple of the "local businessmen" who were implicated in the consortium rumours.

Well, if you're too believe the OS, the defender will be before the end of the day! Hopefully we'll have them both in tomorrow morning, ready for Millwall!

Is says there is a possibility for a striker to come on loan so it could be 50:50.

I've heard rumours that Lionel Messi is attracted by Adventure Island and the very, very long pleasure pier.

La Sagrada Familia pales in comparison....

I heard the Thierry Henry is coming in as he has heard that we have the best 2 wingers in the league and a few french speaking players.

Most of all though he wants to play infront of Jean francois christoph as apparently he will one day get back in the premier league. Not exactly how , as he doesnt even get ahead of that shower of **** yesterday.

Oh and he also loves a rossi ice cream

Last edited:
Looks like Van Nistelrooy turned down £50 a week and a bluebell to go to Hamburg for £100k. He needs his head examined!

if RM really wants to save money, why doesn't he sign himself? You never know, he might be able to channel his ruthless deception into fooling defenders!

I heard the Thierry Henry is coming in as he has heard that we have the best 2 wingers in the league and a few french speaking players.

Most of all though he wants to play infront of Jean francois christoph as apparently he will one day get back in the premier league. Not exaclty how , as he doesnt even get ahead of that shower if **** yesterday.

Oh and he also loves a rossi ice cream

Thats all the proof I need :).

Back