• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Before I retired I had a fair chunk of people who worked with or for me spread all over the country. Getting round to see all of them was a logistical nightmare so in addition to visits I used the internal intranet to have discussions with people which worked pretty well when everyone remembered the need for polite discussion!!

Now when I want to discuss or read about anything to do with the Blues I turn to SZ as my starting point. It's easy and it means I can 'talk or listen' to people real time which I couldn't do face to face. So it occurred to me that maybe reps of SZ could invite Phil Brown to discuss stuff to do with SUFC on here with Zoners. Maybe once a month or at a frequency to suite him. It would probably require a bit of policing from the mods and each session would probably need a theme, transfers, views on tactics etc.

I deliberately haven’t gone into a wodge of detail because discussion is the reason for this thread. Also, it may have been tried before and crashed and burned, or PB may say thank you but no thank you.

Over to you people, what do you think?

One problem I can see is the "keyboard warriors" syndrome --- especially as everyone uses Zone names. It is not like talking to someone face to face.

Imagine the Zone's reputation if people went in for some Brown-bashing.

One problem I can see is the "keyboard warriors" syndrome --- especially as everyone uses Zone names. It is not like talking to someone face to face.

Imagine the Zone's reputation if people went in for some Brown-bashing.

Yep, that is always the danger, but nothing ventured nothing gained. If the man were to say yes he would be well aware of the risks. It would also be an opportunity for some on here to behave themselves in the interests of getting PB to open up and talk.

Look at what happened to Harry Redknapp when he did a Q&A via twitter, that is a prime example of the sort of things that will happen. It would be risky and as Ken says it could tarnish the name of ShrimperZone. Maybe a Q&A session could be set up with PB with a rep from SZ who puts a load of questions to him as picked by SZ members?

Look at what happened to Harry Redknapp when he did a Q&A via twitter, that is a prime example of the sort of things that will happen. It would be risky and as Ken says it could tarnish the name of ShrimperZone. Maybe a Q&A session could be set up with PB with a rep from SZ who puts a load of questions to him as picked by SZ members?

Certainly a possibility, it would remove the 'danger' angle. Sad that we don't have enough faith in our SZ colleagues though.

We had a very successful Q&A with him earlier on in the season up in the Blues Lounge, can't remember if it was a Trust organised one or jointly with SUISA. Trouble is, the guy is a busy man with a lot of commitments - what would be in it for him?

We had a very successful Q&A with him earlier on in the season up in the Blues Lounge, can't remember if it was a Trust organised one or jointly with SUISA. Trouble is, the guy is a busy man with a lot of commitments - what would be in it for him?

I guess it would be an opportunity to hear the views of Shrimpers Zone supporters. I'm sort of getting the feeling here though that this is a non starter.

I would be amazed if he had never looked at this forum. As for contributing to it I think it would lay him open to the less appreciative or responsible posters. I'm not saying that critical views should not be expressed but there are ways and means of doing that where positives are derived from it.

Maybe he could get a 'wee birdie' type of character to pass on titbits he cares to share.

Could be easy - set up a thread for people to post their questions (mods would have to stay on top of it!) and arrange for PB to compose some answers. Should be no more time consuming than a normal interview, I dont imagine he'd type up answers himself. This is a good idea in general - I think more fan interaction is generally more helpful than not, and i think the efforts of the 'wee birdie' were generally appreciated when he/she was posting. Did we ever find out who it was by the way?

Could be easy - set up a thread for people to post their questions (mods would have to stay on top of it!) and arrange for PB to compose some answers. Should be no more time consuming than a normal interview, I dont imagine he'd type up answers himself. This is a good idea in general - I think more fan interaction is generally more helpful than not, and i think the efforts of the 'wee birdie' were generally appreciated when he/she was posting. Did we ever find out who it was by the way?

It was Ron.
It always is...................

If I was PB or any manager I would advise all of my players never to look at, read or have contact with any SZ type forum. I would also have a nominated monitor of the zone to analyse and report back on the zone and also those of similar zones on forth coming opposition.
It is an innocent reasonable suggestion made by the opener of the thread BUT there are some extreme and unpleasant, unhelpful, negative, posters on here who seem to regale in assassination of certain players.

Apples version of Skype...erm, video calling via your mobile/computer.

Not that PB would ever do it, but one way of limiting trolls would be only letting people with 100 posts + take part...

Whilst its a good idea in theory it just wouldnt work.

You just have to see some of the lengthy discussions on here. Someone would make a comment which PB would answer and people would disagree whatever he said and it wouldn't be simply closed off. People would be demanding "answers" to their particular point which he might not be able to give.

A real Q&A in the flesh is the better way of doing it, at best on here you could send him the questions for him to reply to but cant see a real time discussion working, especially from a mods point of view :smile:

It was Ron.
It always is...................

No it wasnt, it was someone close to PS.

Whilst its a good idea in theory it just wouldnt work.

You just have to see some of the lengthy discussions on here. Someone would make a comment which PB would answer and people would disagree whatever he said and it wouldn't be simply closed off. People would be demanding "answers" to their particular point which he might not be able to give.

A real Q&A in the flesh is the better way of doing it, at best on here you could send him the questions for him to reply to but cant see a real time discussion working, especially from a mods point of view :smile:

No it wasnt, it was someone close to PS.

Reluctantly I have to agree that you are right. My original intention was to test the water, that has been done and there has definitely not been enough enthusiasm to make this a starter. The various reasons are very valid, if not a little sad. Grateful if you now close the thread.

Back