• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

While I think he is brilliant, he needs to think a bit more, like he went charging into a guy in the corner when he was going nowhere and gave away a needless free-kick when you shoul of just stood the guy up, then in the resulting free-kick seemed far more interested in pulling and pushing delroy facey than actually winning the header, which facey ended up hitting the bar with. although i do think he plays with his heart on his sleeve which i think is great, he needs to smarten up.

He is a raw talent and seems to take no prisoners but you cannot fault his desire and commitment in trying to clear every ball out of defense. A couple of times he even jumped to head balls out with barker and lost his man which he needs to sort out but that will come with coaching. Did anyone see the assistant manager going garity at him after going on that masey run were he nearly lumped there centre back, I ****ed myself laughing.

He is a raw talent and seems to take no prisoners but you cannot fault his desire and commitment in trying to clear every ball out of defense. A couple of times he even jumped to head balls out with barker and lost his man which he needs to sort out but that will come with coaching. Did anyone see the assistant manager going garity at him after going on that masey run were he nearly lumped there centre back, I ****ed myself laughing.

Much as wrinkle says. He needs a lot of work. If he already had that part of his game at a good level he wouldn't be playing for us (would be in a higher league)

it was great to see moshni and broughton both giving each other a few digs and roughing each other up for the first 45 mins in which moshni came out well on top and managed to keep his head, think if broughton would of stayed on in the 2nd half think one of them could well of lost it at some stage, full credit to moshni as i thought he handled it well and was better than barker yesterday.

he's got a massive amount to learn, but i think he will. sturrock will be agreat teacher to him and i think his game will calm down. its god he's still getting games as some managers would have put him on the bench after his mistakes. he will get better i have no worry about that.

what i would actually like to see is him getting more involved from attacking corners an free-kicks. he always seems to lurk around the centre of the 6 yard box but the ball either goes to far or to the front post. he needs to get smart and get in the right places to connect and hopefully score a few goals, i saw him against wolves and he really looked like scoring.

I personally think people are a little blinded by his (Moshni) whole hearted displays. He is brave and loves a tackle but I personally think he will get found out and he is just a poorer version of Efe Sodje - Just my opinion!

He attacks everything and his last gasp tackles are awesome when they come off but I worry that he is a liability waiting to happen. A couple of times yesterday, he gave away free kicks in dangerous positions when there was no need. Tuesday night he dived in a few times and that allowed the forwards to get shots off. Also, I worry about his positioning at times as he tends to leave the rest of the defence exposed.

He is a raw talent and a threat at set pieces but going back to the original post - he does need a brain

I personally think people are a little blinded by his (Moshni) whole hearted displays. He is brave and loves a tackle but I personally think he will get found out and he is just a poorer version of Efe Sodje - Just my opinion!

He attacks everything and his last gasp tackles are awesome when they come off but I worry that he is a liability waiting to happen. A couple of times yesterday, he gave away free kicks in dangerous positions when there was no need. Tuesday night he dived in a few times and that allowed the forwards to get shots off. Also, I worry about his positioning at times as he tends to leave the rest of the defence exposed.

He is a raw talent and a threat at set pieces but going back to the original post - he does need a brain

SUFC has been lacking a cult hero for some time now!

what paul clark said on commentary during the gillingham game has totally stuck in my head.

about moshni - "he has either been told how to play centreback and hasn't taken it on board or has never been shown the art of defending and will only get better...we all hope and pray it's the latter!"

Agreed mate.....fingers crossed he learns, thats why Coughlin is at the club to work on the defence in a coaching role.

Agree with TrubeBlue aswell - it's great to have a cult hero at a club and I like all Southend fans have my fingers crossed he does improve and cut out his mistakes and improves.

I hope he works out.......just worries me

I think what creates somebody who is a 'cult hero' is somebody who looks differnent or has a qwerky name or something like that and for my Moshni tickes them boxes

Pity quasimodo aint available then . :smile:

If I remember rightly it was a bad tackle from Kevin Maher for us when we played Hartlepool at roots hall that ended his playing career

Vaguely remember Beardo playing for Pools down here Scott, and being subbed, but i thought at the time it was more to do with him being utter gash but i could be wrong ...

Back