• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Something fishy going on......

Stuart W

A word to the wise is enough
Over the weekend I noticed that 29 of the 31 Trophy games took place.
At the same time only 4 out of 10 Premier League games were played.
The fact that if a team postponed due to Covid, meant effective elimination from the Trophy (teams were given a further 4 days to play the game) suggests to me something fishy is going on.

6/10 postponed in the premier league versus 2/31 postponed in the Trophy is statistically highly significant.

And I don't think it is the Trophy teams being lax with the regulations. It is the premier league clubs calling games off unneccessarily.

Over the weekend I noticed that 29 of the 31 Trophy games took place.
At the same time only 4 out of 10 Premier League games were played.
The fact that if a team postponed due to Covid, meant effective elimination from the Trophy (teams were given a further 4 days to play the game) suggests to me something fishy is going on.

6/10 postponed in the premier league versus 2/31 postponed in the Trophy is statistically highly significant.

And I don't think it is the Trophy teams being lax with the regulations. It is the premier league clubs calling games off unneccessarily.
I suspected this the other day, we've known Prem teams have wanted to have a winter break for a couple years now.

Might be taking advantage of a situation in which they could swing cancellations quite easily. Looks like PL has picked up on this and denied a couple requests after the first spate of cancellations.

I'm sure they are testing players far more regularly at PL level, hence the skew in statistics.

On a related note, I was watching the live NFL games last night as I do every week. They mentioned that there have been over 160 players/staff test positive for Omicron in the last week in the NFL roster.

Their answer to this? Stop testing people that do not have symptoms as nearly all of those 160+ didn't. Interesting.....

I think lower league players may be more likely to be vaccinated, especially if they are part timers. Might they also be spending less time keeping up with the sagacity of Karens?
And what circles and social eventing would the uber rich prem players be curtailed? Would they mask and distance? Being as how they are famous and entitled?
I doubt Prem managers have as much strength for getting the players jabbed.
Lots of factors in the equation for sure.

Too many factors to draw a conclusion, I think. e.g at Bowers, a crowd average of 200 is lost in a stadium capacity of 3,000 means lots of space available. That's from a spectator point of view, obviously.

Bigger squads in the Premiership teams and all using the same facilities to train I would imagine. Only takes one reserve or u23 squad member to fist bump a first team player who then tests positive.

Our game was off against Maidenhead because they had a case (not cases a case) Probably depends on the teams and if they fancy it. Until the league set up clear guidance for clubs across all the leagues your going to get these differences.

I'm sure they are testing players far more regularly at PL level, hence the skew in statistics.

On a related note, I was watching the live NFL games last night as I do every week. They mentioned that there have been over 160 players/staff test positive for Omicron in the last week in the NFL roster.

Their answer to this? Stop testing people that do not have symptoms as nearly all of those 160+ didn't. Interesting.....
Unlikely given that they're being tested every day as it is...or at least they were.

Didn't Dorking have case(s) from testing on the Sat morning? Guess if that was Prem they'd be looking to call the game off. But as Dorking would've forfeited they kept going.

Back