• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Something for separated or divorced Dads maybe? Or just to laugh/sympathise?

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
After over 4 years of separation my divorce finally came through just before Christmas. Everything is now sorted and I can move on.

However, something I find quite cathartic is writing... so I have penned a blog.

I intend to update every 3/4 weeks and will share some gems from the marriage/separation, some dating experiences and disasters and also offer up to date commentary on life with my new partner, the 6 kids we have between us and everything associated with that.

Link here

http://sowhogetscustodyofthenectarpoints.blogspot.com/2012/01/happy-new-bloody-year.html

All comments and followers welcome.

Good stuff mate (pt.1). How much is 50,000 points 'worth'?! The only loyalty card I have is Boots, so is it a new toothbrush or half the aftershave cabinet?

Nice one, mate - hope you've locked them out of the blog though! :smiles:

Nah... if they see it, they see it, but I doubt they will. In any event, the internet is banned at the moment! Bloody kids!

Cheers for following it by the way.

They're very good fbm, and I really can't recommend Dawn French's "A Tiny Bit Marvellous" enough to you! Oh and learn to tell the truth in shops, it's far easier and then you can all have a laugh together!

They're very good fbm, and I really can't recommend Dawn French's "A Tiny Bit Marvellous" enough to you! Oh and learn to tell the truth in shops, it's far easier and then you can all have a laugh together!

Yeah, have read it, very funny.

Nice story fbm.
Reminded me of a "something for the weekend,sir" story of my own.We used to live in Southbourne Grove, on the corner of Bridgewater Drive,(now a Doctor's surgery I believe).Anyway, I used to go to Dave the Barber's at the shops near there for a haircut.This was back in the 60's so I guess I would have been 15/16 at the time.Anyway one Friday night I popped round Dave's and there was an attractive young Mum in the shop taking her two toddlers for what looked like their first haircut.They were making quite a racket so I decided not to stay.Quick as a flash, Dave followed me out on to the pavement, and asked me if I wanted something for the weekend.I do believe that was the first time I'd heard the expression, though I'd like to think I've made up for lost time since.:winking:

Mark,

How can I "subscribe" to your blog, so I automatically get the next one?

Simon

Well, you can PM me your email address and I'll add you to the "Blogmail" group I have set up to alert everyone when the next Blog is up.

You can also "Follow" the blog by clicking on the "Follow" button on the blog page itself, but I think that it relies on you checking in to Blogspot to see if there are any new entries.

Or you could just check on here as I'll probably put a post in The Pub every time I blog.

I'm not sure if there is a way of actually being automatically notified of a new blog entry... if anyone knows it, please let me know!

Back