• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

"Something kind of hit me today..."

Rob Noxious

Retro Supremo
Strange that a thought from a bygone life should hit me today ... but here it is anyway. I got stuck on the M25 en route to a midweek home game against Northampton back in the Autumn of our super season 1990-91. We'd played them just recently in whatever the Leyland DAF was back then (Sherpa Van?) and I suddenly threw a wobbly and decided I just couldn't hack it anymore, turned off at Junction 2 and headed up the A2 and back to South London, where I lived at the time. It broke a spell where I'd been watching every home game and a fair proportion of away games for about three or four seasons. Though I still went to a lot of games after until I had to put in mega-hours for a course I was doing from '91-'93, it was never the same for me even though it was our historic season. Weird. I don't say I fell out of love with The Blues, but going to the games stopped being a central part of my life. Has anyone else experienced something similar ? I think it was a mid-life crisis looking back now as I can't imagine not thinking about what my next game following our team is going to be, even from these faraway parts ...