• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Something to cheer you up

Fantastic stuff, makes great viewing, emotional stuff ! !

Has this been saved to the Southend United Group on YouTube ? if not I think TrueBlue knows how to do it !?

I wasn't lucky enough to be at the Stockport game, but agree with Cockles, would love to view peoples memories on this thread.

id love to hear tales from that day in stockport, if anyone has any??

Peter Miles managed to get in the players changing room and jumped in the bath fully clothed :thump:

The 40 a side football match was legendary, and has been mentioned a few times on here before

SUFCEssex has been to every ground in the country EXCEPT Stockport and it always causes Shrimptank and i great mirth when we mention that match

As an aside Andy, i'll get a copy of the match done for ya (the quality ain't great though)

Peter Miles managed to get in the players changing room and jumped in the bath fully clothed :thump:

The 40 a side football match was legendary, and has been mentioned a few times on here before

SUFCEssex has been to every ground in the country EXCEPT Stockport and it always causes Shrimptank and i great mirth when we mention that match

As an aside Andy, i'll get a copy of the match done for ya (the quality ain't great though)

especially as it was me that got you the DVD.

I was actually lucky enough to fly with the players, i was 12 at the time and my dad took me as a treat. Buster Footman diagnosed me with Osgood slatters after numerous doctors telling me it was growing pains.

We went to a Hotel before the game for a meal, i was wearing white Chino's and managed to drop the gravey down me (Classy). We were then driven to the ground and Sat in the Directors box for me to Witness my first ever promotion.

After the game we were driven back to Manchester Airport where Paul Clark gave me his number 7 shirt and the players were buzzing.

As we were boarding Shane Westley stole the Captains hat and stood at the top of the stairs taking peoples tickets ripping them up and throwing them. On arrival back at Southend Airport i have never witnessed anything like it, there were Southend Fans taking pictures, singing and going wild.

A Truely great day.

Back