• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sometimes I despair

shrimpereeee

First XI
Why would anyone travel all the way to Swindon on Easter Monday to abuse one of our own players' for the full 90 minutes?

If you were one of those group of 3 or 4 grown men sitting 2 rows back from the front who literally rained abuse on Tommy Black throughout the game I would be interested to know why.

Regular taunts ranged from "fatty" to "you f*****g fat c**t" with the odd "lazy lump of lard" and "fatty, f**k off" thrown in for good measure....and this is while we are winning!

I know he is struggling a little for form but for goodness sake he has played his part and been an ever present in our current unbeaten run. I would hate to think what abuse these fellas would hurl if things weren't going so well.

:madman:

Why would anyone travel all the way to Swindon on Easter Monday to abuse one of our own players' for the full 90 minutes?

If you were one of those group of 3 or 4 grown men sitting 2 rows back from the front who literally rained abuse on Tommy Black throughout the game I would be interested to know why.

Regular taunts ranged from "fatty" to "you f*****g fat c**t" with the odd "lazy lump of lard" and "fatty, f**k off" thrown in for good measure....and this is while we are winning!

I know he is struggling a little for form but for goodness sake he has played his part and been an ever present in our current unbeaten run. I would hate to think what abuse these fellas would hurl if things weren't going so well.

Unbelievable.Tommy ain't the best player in our team but for Christ's sake,what is the point of abusing the lad??
Support the team when they're not doing well and ye shall reap rewards.
It's all about confidence and if Tommy can hear that then i despair.
We need a CONFIDENT Tommy Black.
So much at stake now,fans please,slag off players on the way home eh??

Its these sort of d!ckheads that started on Paynter & Harrold & dented their confidence, to the extent that ability they have won't come out.

I know it was mentioned during the early part of this season, but anybody who heard Ray Houghton's comments on Five Live should take note. He said that Tilson has signed a player who can often lack confidence & will need a "cuddle" from time to time to give him a boost. He continued to say that Black on his day has more ability than nearly anybody in the lower divisions & could be the signing of the season.

Anybody who can think back a few weeks will remember he was one of our best players, especially when playing out of position upfront. Everybody has a bad game from time to time, but if you want to slag them off, I suggest you F R O. Wet Spam might be the place for you w@nkers!

Get over it.

Yes. It was me. He is a joke and I hate him.

I didnt even go, but just cant stand people moaning about it.

**** me. I was kidding. I have nothing against him, although I would like to see Scannell get a chance, but I know that this is not the right time to be experimenting.

I like you, how was the match?

Frustration levels against both Black and Gower were high yesterday and there were many supporters calling for them to be taken off. Both were poor, but it's worth bearing in mind that the pitch was awful and for players who run like they do, it must've made things difficult. While we're on it, let's not forget that the reception given to Paynter almost reaped the same reward as that given to JCR, he almost (and should have) put the ball away twice. I hate negativity.

Totally agree!! I was sat in front of them and I know one of them personally and it really did start to p**s me off after a while!!! Why bother going to the game to give NO positive support to the team at all for 90 minutes!!! I also had my 4 year old with me listening to the constant swearing!!! Nice!!!

If it cheers you up though - said person (who I shall not name) ran out of petrol on the way to the game and had to hike down the motorway to get fuel!! Hahaha!!!

Its these sort of d!ckheads that started on Paynter & Harrold & dented their confidence, to the extent that ability they have won't come out.

FFS - paynter and Harrold never did, and never will have ability!!

Do you think that booing them made them better players then?

Nope, but i hope it gave them the feeling that they are, and were not good enough for us. But where did i say that in this thread anyway, Harrold and Paynter and Hunt are ****, end of really, if people choose to Boo them, then so ****ing be it.

sorry J, but that is just your opinion and in my opinion you are way off the mark. Harrold has bags of ability, and that is the opinion of his fellow professionals not just random fans. What he lacks is confidence and sadly I can't see him recovering that while playing for us.

Nice to see Tommy Black getting the Harrold treatment now, another player who "needs an arm around his shoulders" rather than constant barracking. This habit of abusing our own players has been endemic for at least the last 40 years and costs us points every season. IMHO, of course.

Be honest that is your opinion, the opinion of someone who , to put things in perspective, has never played the game above school standard (if that) , never coached, never managed and has been objectively watching the game for 10 years.

I think all this booing of ex players and current players is awful! It really does bring a downer on football. Ok I can understand if a player leaves on a bad note and starts slagging the club off boo him, or an opposition player is a cheat (*COUGH* KARL DUGUID) boo away. But not someone like Paynter or JCR who did nothing wrong for the club. I was glad when JCR scored because it teaches all the thick ****s who have no idea about the club a lesson!

I think its the influx of new fickle fans that we have gained through our success in League 2, League 1 and gain promotion to the Championship. The fans that suddenly appear when we are doing well. Jesus if a player was playing bad week in week out during the seasons we struggled to stay in the football league they wouldn't of been booed. When a croud of 3,000 was a big achievement. I loved going to games back then the atmosphere was better it was enjoyable. 1999/2000 season my first season ticket year almost 10 years of being a season ticket holder, and these last few years the fans have got worse.

Smiffy and co has set up the Blue Voice to bring back the great atmosphere that used to bellow round Roots Hall and taking it to the away games too, but seriously something needs to be done about these idiots that are bringing a bad name to our fans, I don't want to be associated with these idiots and we all need to stick together and do something about it!!

Back