• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sometimes Some England "Fans" Really do Drag Our Name Through the Dirt

Sadly watch out for the England v Italy game.Especially if the Italians win.
There has been bad blood between Italian football fans,club and country and English football fans since 1972-73??Arsenal players were attacked by Lazio Roma fans and players after Arsenal knocked them out in Rome.
Might not take much to start it all again

The England fans are the best in the world. It's a time to celebrate, not pour scorn on some high spirits.

Using a laser to put near a opposition goalkeepers eyes and booing their national anthem. Yeah high spirits!

It’s great that we are in the final and could potentially win it but the some of the behaviour has been embarrassing.

Whilst I don’t agree with the booing, it has been done to England on numerous occasions and nothing said about it ?‍♂️

Personally i hope noone boos the Italian National anthem on Sunday. Its got to be one of the best National Anthems out there. A lot superior to our National Anthem. As much as I love ours it does need speeding up a bit.

I used to love it when the Ferraris won in F1 as the Italian national anthem would play for the constructors. Its a very uplifting anthem

That still doesn’t make it ok for England fans to do it. It’s unacceptable and downright disrespectful for any country to boo another’s national anthem.

Many scots or Welsh don't respect our own national anthem. More importantly it wont change whilst UEFA do nothing when our black players are targeted during games.

Did you see the guy surfing on the bus?

That’s why we’re simultaneously the best & most hated fans in the world.

Up there with the guy on the traffic lights

Reactions: GBJ
Booing is not right,it is disrespectful and i hope we dont do it in the final.
Rigsby you are 100% right...England playing in Glasgow..it was FAR,FAR worse that those English idiots doing it v Germany/Denmark...but i dont remember anything written-said about it!!Good Jock humour.
Two wrongs dont make a right,but lets be fair about it.In Italy when England played, even i think when i was in Berlin for one of the England games they done it.
The German press are going OTT about it,you would think we have started the third world war or something.
At least a German world champion..OLAF THON..who was live on German tv today said"its not nice,but not only England fans boo,it happens in other places and the idiot with the laser pointer,well we have seen that too often as well.So dont just blame England fans"
Thon expects and we all hope, that our fans will not boo in the final...lets hope not,but lets not go OTT about it.
Seb Schweinsteiger ,live at Wembley,straight after the ENG v Germany game said to the woman reporter"he had never experienced an atmosphere like that at a football game"
in the positive sense..
So lets give the 97% of GOOD England fans a break

Last edited:
That still doesn’t make it ok for England fans to do it. It’s unacceptable and downright disrespectful for any country to boo another’s national anthem.
Which is how I started my sentence

Back