• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sometimes Some England "Fans" Really do Drag Our Name Through the Dirt

Away fans get stick at match. Why is this news? Do the media have to flagellate the English population to atone for carrying some vaguely patriotic content?

I've said it in a couple of posts above, we are a target for the media around the world because of our past history.

Doesn't sound like fans who had been to the game. Plenty of idiots drinking in England shirts in all towns in England.

Exactly this, that article gave the impression they were singled out or ambused. Plenty of arseholes playing up in Stanford le Hope Wednesday night, the wedding shop had a window put through and a few cars got damaged. None of the victims were Danish.

Exactly this, that article gave the impression they were singled out or ambused. Plenty of arseholes playing up in Stanford le Hope Wednesday night, the wedding shop had a window put through and a few cars got damaged. None of the victims were Danish.
To be fair that's a normal Friday or Saturday night now in Stanford. Lockdown seems to have bottled up these idiots and when they go to the pub they seem to be drinking to make up for lost time.

I've said it in a couple of posts above, we are a target for the media around the world because of our past history.
Thats because the truth isn't even taught in our own schools and the media like to play on the 'image' they created themselves.

From my own personal travels, if you move away from the Costas and All-inclusive's us Brits are well liked.

The FA and UK Guv have for decades been trying to "Up Class" and up money the top stratas of football, from pricing, corporate packaging, cucumber sandwiches ( no onion) and move it away from working class roots.
By doing so they invite, and with the selected, domiciled Danes invited, there are more and more less earthy watchers of more expensive high profile games.
The rich can't be assed with FL.
These people, the toffs, might well be shocked when they encounter the uncouth standard, especially lower league, poor, football fanatic.
The press are following the desired norms and agendas, going with the money.

For me, an edge to a game, some banter, some growling rumblings often spice things up.

Booing anthems is poor form, as is not singing our own.

Using a laser is stupid, cheating, crooked, criminal, dangerous.

A lot of England fans are arseholes but so are a lot of people. However the vast vast majority are fantastic and will have a good time win or lose. A few years ago we were in Canada staying with my sister. Now Canada is the most woke country in the world and Vancouver the capital. Their hockey team the Canucks were in the final of some goddam awful North American final I think called the Stanley cup. They lost to the Boston Bruins. Cue riots in Vancouver I kid you not. There are idiots all over the world

Been up at Wembley and there’s a great atmosphere, everyone in fantastic spirits and looking forward to the game. Fingers crossed people behave themselves! Reminded me of previous Wembley visits .. one day soon eh??

Can we please never hear “it’s coming home” again? We build ourselves up to unrealistic levels every tournament, it’s no wonder the players bottle it. I’d love to see us enjoy a tournament like the other home nations do. Not go in with the expectation we’re going to win. Atmosphere was superb outside Wembley yesterday but you just knew it’d all quickly turn sour if we lost.

Look on the bright side!!!
According to the German,Italian and Danish press the world hates us and are pleased we lost

Agree Ricey and twitter are pathetic at sorting it out. They should be taken to Court in my view. However the other news is 99% of fans did not get their knob out, storm Wembley or break bottles and windows in Leicester Square. However dog bites man never gets in the papers for some unknown reason.

Back