• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

danburyshrimper

Manager
Rather than just banging out "We Hate Orient" all evening, lets get behind our players for the whole night... We havent got any songs for some of our players... There must be loads of footy songs we can jiggle about + b'stardise them into becoming a song for a Southend player ( similar to the Gavin Tomlin / Luis Suarez song....great job whoever started that one )

How about YOU'LL NEVER BEAT CHRIS BARKER! ( to the tune of You'll never beat Des Walker) ... as he takes out man + ball to put that limpwristed maggot Lee Cook on his arrse

OH,KEVAN HUUUURST,KEVAN KEVAN KEVAN HUUUUURST... (to the tune of Oh Marky Rawle ...).... top assister in the whole country deserves his own song!

and of course ANTHONY STRAKER'S AN INTERNATIONAL! ( to the Derek Spence/Pat Scully anthem) ....needs a confidence booster!

come on -- ideas please .... lets get something going here + blast them out tonight , from Shrimperzone idea to Roots Hall Roar !!!!!!

BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ARRRRRMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Do it for Timmo, "clap clap clap clap" Do it for Timmo, "clap clap clap clap"

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands
If you're happy and you know it and you really want to show it
If you're happy and you know it stamp your feet
If you're happy and you know it and you really want to show it

I think we need to get the whole ground chanting to get behind the boys. So I think we should do songs like when the blues go marching in, because if we can get the whole ground singing it, we could hopefully simulate the spurs fans when they get white hart lane rocking with it.

Its vitally important EVERYONE gets vocal tonight and keep the borient fans quiet.

Why would we want to simulate Spurs fans?? Yuk :facepalm:

I prefer the old skool somgs as opposed to all these modern knock off's from Liverpool, Spurs, Celtic etc

Need to slow down some of the songs from W block tonight to give the whole West Stand a chance to join in. Yes sing 'We hate Orient' a few times but lets concentrate on other songs as well.

Not quite sure what is happening with W block tonight? The club have sold tickets for the W block but left the front few rows unreserved. But loads of people are heading for W block, far too many for the front few rows and will just stand in any row.

Why would we want to simulate Spurs fans?? Yuk :facepalm:

I prefer the old skool somgs as opposed to all these modern knock off's from Liverpool, Spurs, Celtic etc

I can remember singing 'When the Blues go marching in' over 30 years ago at Roots Hall, its not just a Spurs/Southampton song.

Anything to get the east greens rocking tonight. It's gonna be manic. Some people may not make it. But I shall be loud and proud (on my own!!)

People of the east greens, unite for united!

We're the west stand we're the west stand we're the west stand at roots hall, followed by the south stand then the east stand, and keep it going as long as possible :happy:

I’m all for a few we hate orient chants but that’s it, I think it makes us look silly constantly singing about how much we hate them. We should sing our normal songs and do our best to get the rest of West involved.

What about the full version of Old Shep, slowed down to last the entire first half?

We're the west stand we're the west stand we're the west stand at roots hall, followed by the south stand then the east stand, and keep it going as long as possible :happy:

Not tonight, that, for me, implies a boring game or one where the result isn't important, or perhaps an away chant in a big crowd. Tonight we need to be right behind the team, not concentrating on which stands are/aren't singing.

Not tonight, that, for me, implies a boring game or one where the result isn't important, or perhaps an away chant in a big crowd. Tonight we need to be right behind the team, not concentrating on which stands are/aren't singing.

Do they do a degree in crowd chanting? I must have missed it.

How about the old favourite song from the days of dear old Vic jobson....

WE'RE NOT COCKNEYS WE'RE SOUTHENDERS, TRA LA LA LA ,LA LA LA LA
( with an optional non PC 2nd verse : ORIENT ARE A BUNCH OF B+NDERS TRA LA LA LA ,LA LA LA LA )

Back