• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Songs that you dont no the words to?

Winkle

Manager
I was having a converstion with the missus the other day and she politly pointed out that in my decsending years, I have the annoying habit of singing to a any particular song and then making up my own words!!! I was quite shocked at this as it is something I clearly remember my parents doing but never realised I had started down this narrow path of seniality( how sad am I) here is an excample,

Midnight at the oasis

Midnight at the oasis
Send your camel to bed
Shadows paintin' our faces
Traces of romance in our heads
Heaven's holdin' a half-moon
Shinin' just for us

My version
Midnight at the oasis
Send your camel to bed
some ones painting our faces
Traces, faces ,romance in our hands
Must be holding a bent spoon,
real soon,lifting up on us.
And heres my finale

Come on, cactus is our friend
He'll point out the way
Come on, till the evenin' ends
Till the evenin' ends

My version
Come know,cactus is your friend (why is he my friend?)
hes warm down the way
allright..... to the end is near,
till the end is near!

I could go on, but I wont bore you all, what I want to no is WHY!

I have just come back from Crete and the lads and I fell in love with that rap classic informer by Snow "Informer". Its only now I realise how awful the words are. Ladies and gentleman I give you - SNOW......INFORMER

Whats up man! hey yo whats up!
Yeah whats goin on here.
Sick an tired of five-oh runnin up on the block here.
You know what Im sayin?
Yo snow, they came around here lookin for you the other day.
Word? word! bust it!

Chorus
Informer, you no say daddy me snow me Ill go blame,
A licky boom boom down.
Detective mon said daddy me snow me stab someone down the lane,
A licky boom boom down.
Informer, you no say daddy me snow me Ill go blame,
A licky boom boom down.
Detective mon said daddy me snow me stab someone down the lane,
A licky boom boom down.

Police them come an now they blow down me door,
One him come crawl through, through my window,
So then they put me in the back the car at the station,
From that point on me reach my destination,
When the destination reached, it was the east detention, where them
Whipped down me pants, looked up me bottom, so

Chorus

Bigger they are they think they have more power,
Theyre on the phone me say that on (every) hour,
Me for want to use it once an now me call me lover,
Lover who Ill be callin is the one tammy,
An me love her in me heart down to my belly,
Yes me daddy me snow me I feel cool an deadly,
As the one mc shan an the one daddy snow,
Together we-a loveem as a tor-na-do.

Chorus

Listen for me, you better listen for me now.
Listen for me, you better listen for me now.
When me rockin the microphone me rock it steady,
Yes sir, daddy me snow me are the article done.
But in the in an the out of a dance them they say where you come from,
People them say you come from jamaica,
But me born an raised in the ghetto thats the one I want you to know,
Pure black people mon thats all I mon know.
Yeah me shoes are tear up an me toes used to show,
Where me born in on the one toronto, so

Chorus

Come with a nice young lady. intelligent,
Yes shes gentle an irie.
Everywhere me go, me never left her at all.
Yes, its daddy snow me are the roam dance mon.
Roam between a dancin in a in a nation-a.
You never know say daddy me snow me are the boom shakata.
Me never lay-a down flat in that one cardboard box.
Yes say me daddy me snow me Ill go reachin at the top, so...

Chorus

Why would he?

Me sittin round cool with my dibbie dibbie girl,
Police knock my door,
Lick up my pal,
Rough me up an I cant do a thing
Pick up my line, when my telephone ring.
Take me to the station,
Black up my hands.
Trail me down, cuz Im hangin with the snowman,
What Im gonna do,
Im backed an Im trapped,
Slap me in the face an took all o my gap.
They have no clues an they wanna get warmer,
But shan wont turn informer!

I was having a converstion with the missus the other day...

My Mrs is just as guilty Winkle. When the Pet Shop Boys anthem "West End Girls" came on the radio a while ago, Mrs Bank-Hank treated me to her dulcit tones as it got to the chorus...

"In a West End town near Daddenwohl..."

Mmm... Wherever THAT is!

:confused:

My Mrs is just as guilty Winkle. When the Pet Shop Boys anthem "West End Girls" came on the radio a while ago, Mrs Bank-Hank treated me to her dulcit tones as it got to the chorus...

"In a West End town near Daddenwohl..."

Mmm... Wherever THAT is!

:confused:

I always thought that song was about Scotland.

In a west end town near Dingwall

When I was a kid I always thought the lords prayer started.

Our father, who art in Heaven,
Harrold be thy name.

:o

I thought it was

Our striker, when scores we are in heaven
Harrold be thy name

:D

On a similar note (do you see what I did there?) - I love the people who don't think things through properly before picking their 'first dance song' at their wedding. Do people not check out the lyrics or context of a song before using it as an expression of their love to each other? Every breath you take by the Police (and subsequently ripped off by the world and its cousin) is a classic case in point - terribly popular as a 'first dance song', but you're basically saying to your beloved that if things don't work out between us I'm going to stalk you constantly...

On a similar note (do you see what I did there?) - I love the people who don't think things through properly before picking their 'first dance song' at their wedding. Do people not check out the lyrics or context of a song before using it as an expression of their love to each other? Every breath you take by the Police (and subsequently ripped off by the world and its cousin) is a classic case in point - terribly popular as a 'first dance song', but you're basically saying to your beloved that if things don't work out between us I'm going to stalk you constantly...

:hilarious: :hilarious: that's brilliant.

My missus chose "You're My Best Friend" by Queen, i think that's acceptable as a 'first dance song'!

Although i can't dance so I just moved my feet with hers!

:hilarious: :hilarious: that's brilliant.

My missus chose "You're My Best Friend" by Queen, i think that's acceptable as a 'first dance song'!

Although i can't dance so I just moved my feet with hers!

Unbelievable Al, I thought it would of been some Lonnie Donegan tune.:p

*Snigger*

When choosing music for our wedding I thought Alison (as that is Mrs RS's moniker) by Elvis Costello would be rather nice, so we listned to it and ditched the idea as soon as we realised it was about a bloke trying to get a girl to leave her husband.

Went for Walk forever by my side (The Alarm),Along with Parisienne walkways and Tracey Chapmans Wedding song(her choice) and then found out a couple of months later that Mike Peters (writer of said song and lead singer of The Alarm) had it at his wedding as well.

When choosing music for our wedding I thought Alison (as that is Mrs RS's moniker) by Elvis Costello would be rather nice, so we listned to it and ditched the idea as soon as we realised it was about a bloke trying to get a girl to leave her husband.

Went for Walk forever by my side (The Alarm),Along with Parisienne walkways and Tracey Chapmans Wedding song(her choice) and then found out a couple of months later that Mike Peters (writer of said song and lead singer of The Alarm) had it at his wedding as well.

Sounds like a good subject for a new thread - don't want to get accused of wrecking another one...

On a similar note (do you see what I did there?) - I love the people who don't think things through properly before picking their 'first dance song' at their wedding.

Good shout RW!
So many songs, yet people make so many bad choices.

For instance, these two are supposed to be among the most popular.

Everything I do. Bryan Adams. Fine if you want to rob the rich and give to the poor. Otherwise, step away from this track. Suggests the groom will wear his wife's clothes.

Beautiful. James Blunt. Why would you? The song is about a fit bird James saw on the train who is with someone else. Suggests that the groom has wandering eyes already.

On another point, anything by Celine Dion is appalling. Whatever the lyrics might be, it's obvious that the Bride has picked it. Suggests the groom has already lost the trousers.

If your wife to be suggests anything by Celine Dion, you suggest "Dude looks like a lady". The rest is then negotation.

Never liked Bryan Adams and that song you quoted just grates on me ...even more that Wet Wet Wet did :(

Back