• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

soooo 2 games in was i the scare monger?

ok just a quickie 2 games in, bailey finaly sold, ron definately getting what he wanted there much more than the manager and if the situation wasnt made by the chairman, the player would never have been oon the transfer list, but ha ho thats done and dusted now. I pressume you will all be disagreeing with me but what a woeful looking midfield last night? 2 games in and I have witnessed two very clueless performances null and void of any real idea, again no reall service to our one striiker will lead to no goals, good luck my friends enjoy the season, look forward to some more press releases by ron martin to keep you all in good spirits, look forward to the departure of clarke in the next few weeks, and rememeber look forward to rons quest in finding 80 million pounds from investors now he has planning permission for the new ground

ooohh and look forward to the search for the nicky bailey replacement!!! we must have money to burn............

clap your hands
stamp your feet
were the family supporters

I thought Saturdays performance was good and certainly not "woeful". The midfield was worful yesterday but Tilly will have somebody in by Saturday and Moussa and grant wont be the first choice partnership. Furlong shouldnt play on Saturday. I would play Revell though imo Harrold would be Barnards best foil but that would never happen

on top of that ...a couple of youth/fringe players brought on to rest players for the important game on saturday...of two "woeful" performances as described given the choice of win one lose one..id take the three points anyday...

i tell you what I expect i expect as a 1st division club to have a squad that remotely know each other by the start of the season. You make me laugh, everything I write you shoot me down, are you really pleased with whta you see??? two new attacking midfielders coming in ha haa haaaa thats the best I have heard for along while!!!

why would we neeed to new players correct me if im wrong, but 10 days agao Mooosa and grant the bit player were the bees knees?? and fully up to 1st division standards, my personnal view isI dont buy all the tightening the perse strings bollox for the next couple of years. I feel we are being short changed well and trully buggered and if you thing comments by martin in the echo about how surprised he was that Tilly hasnt been into see him with a list of signings , are inspiring our manager then you are all very much along way from whats reallly going on. ANyway it wont be a problem now for Ron to sanction signings becasue we will have a good few quid from bailey and players lined up to come in and take his place, I look forward to this next week.

I don't think anyone's shooting you down Cockles, merely responding to the points you've raised.

No I wasn't happy with what I saw last night, and now Bailey has gone we are going to struggle unless we can get a decent replacement in.

Tbh I am worried about whats going on behind the scenes at the moment and wouldn't be surprised if Tilly decided he's had enough.

No I wasn't happy with what I saw last night, and now Bailey has gone we are going to struggle unless we can get a decent replacement in.

Tbh I am worried about whats going on behind the scenes at the moment and wouldn't be surprised if Tilly decided he's had enough.

Funny enough that crossed my mind to Rich.:stunned:

Been looking for a while to see whether there is any clear blue water between Ron and Tilly. As I indicated on my 'where's the bottle thread', I can't imagine that Tilly is over pleased to have seen the heart of his team ripped out. Whilst on the surface
I follow Ron's argument with puting Bailey , and the others, on the transfer list, it would appear that with Bailey this action has backfired in a big way.

so we have played 2 games, and have 5 new players, who havent really had time to gel.

it seems that everyone wants us to win every game, which just wouldnt be football.

Give the lads a break, and get behind the team. It will come good in time.. and if it doesnt, then voice your critisism. We have a whole season ahead of us, and people get all the shakes over 2 games, one of which we won!

Been looking for a while to see whether there is any clear blue water between Ron and Tilly. As I indicated on my 'where's the bottle thread', I can't imagine that Tilly is over pleased to have seen the heart of his team ripped out. Whilst on the surface
I follow Ron's argument with puting Bailey , and the others, on the transfer list, it would appear that with Bailey this action has backfired in a big way.

I just do not believe that Charlton placed a bid for Bailey because he was on the transfer list. Clubs do not generally choose who they want based upon who is on a transfer list.

I dont disagree that it was a very poor performance but that wont make or break our season. The best teams have off days and these lads are learning their trade. I still think we need 1 more central mid/winger.

I think both Ron and Tilly are united in the fact that they only want players here who want to be here. Bailey clearly didn't. He was happy to be here until a better offer came along.

Bailey has been good business. I have lost count of the number of times we have paid for players and they have walked for nothing. It is very rare for us to get a fee until this season.

Football at our level is business. Any player is going to jump at the chance at playing in a higher league at a bigger club. In order to compete we need to run the club as a business rather than based on emotions. Make decisions with the head, not the heart. It may be unpopular but it is necessary.

Lets get one thing straight - Bailey is a jumped up little prcik. He has been here for 12 months, and suddengly thinks he is billy big bollox. When he said, I did not engineer this move - that is bollux, if he "blames his agent", then he is also thick and treating us as thick, because Bailey my old mucker, your agent is emplyed BY YOU !! Therefore, Martin was spot on getting rid of this 'ambitious' little git !! Players like Gower etc gave great service and deserve their move, Bailey is a footballing whore !!

Yes 2 games in, one win, one defeat. The defeat was in the cup that we all thought we could win - lets get real.

You cannot judge your season on 2 matches , you must let the season play a little, I say 10 games. You also forget that the Transfer deadline is a massively important date as well, as is the start of the Premier League - by the end of August promising youngsters will know if they need to ply their trade elsewhere for 12 months in the lower leagues.

There are so many farkin threads on this forum moaning and whinging ........... on the basis of 2 games and a jumped up little ginger prcik that treated ALL Southend fans with total and utter contempt !!

I am not saying the garden is rosy, yes we , like many small clubs are facing extreme financial hardship, this is like many of us in our every day lives !!

But to critisce and look for scape goats this early is dreadful.

UTB's

Lets get one thing straight - Bailey is a jumped up little prcik. He has been here for 12 months, and suddengly thinks he is billy big bollox. When he said, I did not engineer this move - that is bollux, if he "blames his agent", then he is also thick and treating us as thick, because Bailey my old mucker, your agent is emplyed BY YOU !! Therefore, Martin was spot on getting rid of this 'ambitious' little git !! Players like Gower etc gave great service and deserve their move, Bailey is a footballing whore !!

Yes 2 games in, one win, one defeat. The defeat was in the cup that we all thought we could win - lets get real.

You cannot judge your season on 2 matches , you must let the season play a little, I say 10 games. You also forget that the Transfer deadline is a massively important date as well, as is the start of the Premier League - by the end of August promising youngsters will know if they need to ply their trade elsewhere for 12 months in the lower leagues.

There are so many farkin threads on this forum moaning and whinging ........... on the basis of 2 games and a jumped up little ginger prcik that treated ALL Southend fans with total and utter contempt !!

I am not saying the garden is rosy, yes we , like many small clubs are facing extreme financial hardship, this is like many of us in our every day lives !!

UTB's

Great post after having had to listen to steveo defend Bailey at every opportunity!

UTB!! (without Bailey)

Great post after having had to listen to steveo defend Bailey at every opportunity!

UTB!! (without Bailey)

Agree BiaL, there've been a few really good posts, including this one, over this business in the last 24 hours or so that kind of stand out amongst the moaning and groaning and doom and depression.

UTB's

I havent made anyone a scapegoat (well we all know how I feel about martin) but what you dont seem to understand what Im saying is its not about 2 games for me, that has nothing at all to do with that im looking at the bigger picture , and it seems that unless some serious priorities are taken by our chairman to back his manager in the transfer market then the writings well and truly on the wall for us on. fek the two games I have probally seen 2002 southen matches an you can pretty much build youre season on whats been happening pre season and what the general feeling is, you can all hide behind rons paper talk and this amazing stadium that he hasnt got any money to build but for me I want to see a standard on the pitch why go all the way we have to then rip it all apart and blame the costs of a new stadium, when he hasnt had to shell out a penny and is trying to borrow all the money for . dont mind if we stay were we are for the next few years I dont expect success after success year in year out but what I do expect is continuity, and why not, Ron asked hundreds of you to march to the civic centre many times last year, buy shares in the club, follow in great numbers hoime and away, and we get treated back by being conned that the likes of Grant and Moooser are the midlfield answers we are looking for, scannell will be the answer to both our wingers leaving, our two best players being thrown on the transfer market although we have a paper thin squad, mulgrew not being signed because ron wasnt going to do any transfer business whilst on holiday despite tillies pleeese

this is my view and im very much entiltled to it, as you are to yours .......

I havent made anyone a scapegoat (well we all know how I feel about martin) but what you dont seem to understand what Im saying is its not about 2 games for me, that has nothing at all to do with that im looking at the bigger picture , and it seems that unless some serious priorities are taken by our chairman to back his manager in the transfer market then the writings well and truly on the wall for us on. fek the two games I have probally seen 2002 southen matches an you can pretty much build youre season on whats been happening pre season and what the general feeling is, you can all hide behind rons paper talk and this amazing stadium that he hasnt got any money to build but for me I want to see a standard on the pitch why go all the way we have to then rip it all apart and blame the costs of a new stadium, when he hasnt had to shell out a penny and is trying to borrow all the money for . dont mind if we stay were we are for the next few years I dont expect success after success year in year out but what I do expect is continuity, and why not, Ron asked hundreds of you to march to the civic centre many times last year, buy shares in the club, follow in great numbers hoime and away, and we get treated back by being conned that the likes of Grant and Moooser are the midlfield answers we are looking for, scannell will be the answer to both our wingers leaving, our two best players being thrown on the transfer market although we have a paper thin squad, mulgrew not being signed because ron wasnt going to do any transfer business whilst on holiday despite tillies pleeese

this is my view and im very much entiltled to it, as you are to yours .......

Blimey have you read a lot of James Joyce?!

Back