• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Received a letter today,post marked yesterday's date(14th July Tuesday)requesting we applied Wednesday to get a car park permit for the upcoming season.this amounts to pure luck as only 60 spaces available.After waiting 20+minutes on the phone at 4-30 this afternoon was told "sorry,been really busy today and they are all gone,give me your name and will give you a call if any become available,cancelations,no shows etc" Just wondered if anyone had any better luck?

Blame old matey down at Prospects. Not prepared to commit at all to providing car parking.

My Uncle has a parking permit and i rang up yesterday for him as he is a bit deaf and reserved one for him he picked it up earlier and told me the price has jumped up to £180.

My Uncle has a parking permit and i rang up yesterday for him as he is a bit deaf and reserved one for him he picked it up earlier and told me the price has jumped up to £180.

Yes, because fewer spaces are available so therefore a price hike was inevitable. There are a certain number that have to be set aside each game and there is now no alternative. Parking is, I believe, foc at the Civic Centre at the majority of times when we have games.

£180, That's a bit much. Looks like Mr Prospects is getting his own back. Does he think we play at home every week?
The lad at the ticket office said Prospects is not letting us have use of the car park this season so I think we will be in the main car park or the small car park behind away end.

Yes, because fewer spaces are available so therefore a price hike was inevitable. There are a certain number that have to be set aside each game and there is now no alternative. Parking is, I believe, foc at the Civic Centre at the majority of times when we have games.

Parking at the Civic Centre is only free after 6pm! So are the majority of our games evening kos? Also you need to pay for 3 hours as there are no 1/2 hour options. Last season it was costing £2.30 I believe.

Parking at the Civic Centre is only free after 6pm! So are the majority of our games evening kos? Also you need to pay for 3 hours as there are no 1/2 hour options. Last season it was costing £2.30 I believe.

Is it not free on Saturdays as well? For a lot of supporters after 6 p.m. is fine for the evening games.

Is it not free on Saturdays as well? For a lot of supporters after 6 p.m. is fine for the evening games.

If you have found a SBC car park that's free on a Saturday I will be very surprised. It's normally their biggest money earning day.

If you have found a SBC car park that's free on a Saturday I will be very surprised. It's normally their biggest money earning day.

Haven't many of us been to weddings at the registry office here on Saturdays? I can't remember paying to park! Maybe someone who lives closer can check?

How about we all chip in to buy the Prospects site, use it for parking for this season, then sell it on to somebody afterwards ? Sell to someone like......Sainsburys ? :blush:

Back