• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sorry MtS!

palexander

Life President
From todays Current Bun...

BRIGHTON have nominated Bury’s teenage striker Colin Kasim-Richards as the player on whom they will spend most of their £250,000 Coca-Cola windfall award from fan Aaron Berry.

Is that the faint sound of sobbing I hear coming from Greenwhich way?

rock.gif

I guess the key words are "most of", which indicates a fee of around £200K and far too much for us and most other teams who didn't win the Coca Cola prize.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ June 30 2005,09:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ June 30 2005,07:10)]Is that the faint sound of sobbing I hear coming from Greenwhich way?

rock.gif
Nearer to Deptford, really...

biggrin.gif
We did this yesterday on shrimpers.net, and I won...

suspect.gif

As for CKR... hey ho. Told you he was worth checking out...

down.gif

Confirmed

Kazim-Richards in Brighton move
Brighton have unveiled Bury striker Colin Kazim-Richards as their second new signing of the week.
Kazim-Richards' move has been funded by a Seagulls fan winning Coca Cola's £250,000 Fund A Player competition.

The 19-year-old has signed a three-year deal with Brighton after turning down Bury's offer of a two-year contract.

Brighton have agreed a compensation package for Kazim-Richards who broke into the first team last season after coming through the youth ranks.

Seagulls boss Mark McGhee said: "Since it was announced that we had won the money, I had been determined that the money should be invested and not spent without any return.

"I think Colin represents exactly that: an investment. Colin is a player for the future of this club and hopefully we will benefit from this signing in the long term."

Back