• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jaffa1

Manager
....but Chris Phillips has tweeted that RM will be making a further announcement very shortly regarding the stadium project INCLUDING PROGRESS MADE WITH BRITISH LAND AND THE COUNCIL - whoopeeda.

I've already mentioned that in the Phil Brown to Bolton thread. It's in the today's Echo. After a Zillion of these types of announcements, it's not big news and will be taken with a pinch of salt. Most of us will only believe anything is happening when the diggers move in.

I've already mentioned that in the Phil Brown to Bolton thread. It's in the today's Echo. After a Zillion of these types of announcements, it's not big news and will be taken with a pinch of salt. Most of us will only believe anything is happening when the diggers move in.

Further delays expected as environmentalists occupy the land to Save the Slug.

Yes, I imagine it will say something like this...

"Progress made with British Land and the Council:- None"

But then I'm just an old cynic...

Even if Ron Martin gets the green light from all parties involved, we then have to rely on him having or getting the funding for it all. Hhmm. Let's hope British Land don't mind funding the whole lot.
Yep, lets not get excited, and wait for the the diggers.

Even if Ron Martin gets the green light from all parties involved, we then have to rely on him having or getting the funding for it all. H

Isn't that British Land's involvement in all this? That was my understanding of who they are and what they're bringing to the table.

Even if Ron Martin gets the green light from all parties involved, we then have to rely on him having or getting the funding for it all. Hhmm. Let's hope British Land don't mind funding the whole lot.
Yep, lets not get excited, and wait for the the diggers.

The difference is that RM does not have to deal with a deceitful Sainsbury's any more. British Land are a far better partner for what we need. Its NIMBY's who will stop this plan not funding.

The difference is that RM does not have to deal with a deceitful Sainsbury's any more. British Land are a far better partner for what we need. Its NIMBY's who will stop this plan not funding.

What do you know that makes Sainsburys "deceitful" ?

Funny how these announcements coincide with us being on TV or a tax bill being due, or both! :winking:

Isn't that British Land's involvement in all this? That was my understanding of who they are and what they're bringing to the table.
So BL bring the funding, the council give us the go ahead, and RM brings what to the table. I am not trying to be cute, there is obvious something im missing here. BL will then own the stadium, if they have paid for it, or is that not so.

Funny how these announcements coincide with us being on TV or a tax bill being due, or both! :winking:

I was thinking exactly the same, he gave a date for work to start last year when we were on sky live, maybe this is his only chance for sky to talk to him so he has to let them think he has something important to announce.

I like to think it's more to do with the time frame set out by the council and us being on TV is a happy coincidence! :winking:

What do you know that makes Sainsburys "deceitful" ?

As the guy in charge of the college pointed out he tried to sell their land to Sainsbury's no less than seven times before he got the hump. Sainsbury's have deliberately stalled the project whilst they access their future regarding expansion or not. They did the same with Bristol Rovers.

Whatever you think about RM it is not in his interest to delay the project. He has jumped in bed with BL because clearly Sainsbury's have no intention of ever building a supermarket at the RH site.

As the guy in charge of the college pointed out he tried to sell their land to Sainsbury's no less than seven times before he got the hump. Sainsbury's have deliberately stalled the project whilst they access their future regarding expansion or not. They did the same with Bristol Rovers.

Whatever you think about RM it is not in his interest to delay the project. He has jumped in bed with BL because clearly Sainsbury's have no intention of ever building a supermarket at the RH site.

None of that is deceitful. They publicly announced they were reviewing all their future store plans. It was poor timing for us, and the review took time.

Yes, I imagine it will say something like this...

"Progress made with British Land and the Council:- None"

But then I'm just an old cynic...

That's really unfair. It's more likely to say we've made progress but I can't tell you too much at this point. Just trust me. When have I ever let you down before?

No new planning permissions submitted for either new stadium site or Roots Hall site yet. Maybe that will be the news?

Talking of the Roots Hall redevelopment are British Land involved with that or will Ron farm that out to someone like Redrow or Weston Homes who are doing quite a bit of development in Southend now?

So BL bring the funding, the council give us the go ahead, and RM brings what to the table. I am not trying to be cute, there is obvious something im missing here. BL will then own the stadium, if they have paid for it, or is that not so.

RM owns the land that has planning permission to build a retail park and stadium. He also owns the RH site, which will of course be developed once we move to FF.

Ron will have a number of options regards the RH site. He could sell it to BL as part payment for the stadium, although looking at the increase in the retail with the new project i'm guessing that that's their bit to keep as the fee for building the stadium. He could sell to a large house building company, retail other than Sainsbury's or even develop the site himself.

My guess would be he will already have a buyer lined up for the RH site for houses as a) the council need to build residential and we have an acute shortage of land in the town. b) He will need the money fast to complete the forth side of the stadium which is the money earner. Remember he will have the two blocks of flats to sell and a hotel to rent out.

Who knows one of the many international criminals who love to launder their money via an English football club may then step in and make Ron an offer he........has been praying for all along.

RM owns the land that has planning permission to build a retail park and stadium. He also owns the RH site, which will of course be developed once we move to FF.

Ron will have a number of options regards the RH site. He could sell it to BL as part payment for the stadium, although looking at the increase in the retail with the new project i'm guessing that that's their bit to keep as the fee for building the stadium. He could sell to a large house building company, retail other than Sainsbury's or even develop the site himself.

My guess would be he will already have a buyer lined up for the RH site for houses as a) the council need to build residential and we have an acute shortage of land in the town. b) He will need the money fast to complete the forth side of the stadium which is the money earner. Remember he will have the two blocks of flats to sell and a hotel to rent out.

Who knows one of the many international criminals who love to launder their money via an English football club may then step in and make Ron an offer he........has been praying for all along.

He may own the land but there is no current valid planning permission for a stadium and retail park.

It wouldn't surprise me if a deal has been done with another developer for the Roots Hall site, as per my other post I would think Redrow or Weston Homes.

Back