• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sort it out

Jenks19

What is going on?

The club needs sorting out. Ok so we can't do much about Ron Martin as he owns the ground.Don't have any faith in him what's so ever. Tries to please the fans by dangling the carrot and then taking it away. Dictates to managers as to who should be playing and who shouldn't. Keeps people hanging while trying to get a manager who clearly was never going to come to us. I could go on.

Are the directors actually putting any money in to the club? For the club to be successful surely we need people who have the money to pay reasonable players wages, have the ambition to actually go places and have the supporters interests at heart. If it weren't for us there wouldn't be a club.

Get people who actually want to work for the club instead of people who just think well it's a job and couldn't care less what happens.

As for the players. Their careers are short so who can blame them for moving on to higher division clubs. It's called having ambition for yourself. If they are treated well by a club then they stay it's quite simple.

Who's next to leave? Leon Cort, Kevin Maher or Jay Smith.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jenks19 @ May 22 2004,00:11)]... we can't do much about Ron Martin as he owns the ground.
No he doesn't. Roots Hall Limited, a subsidiary of Mailtrace Limited, acquired the ground in 1999. Following the acquisition, Mailtrace was 50% owned by Martin Dawn and 50% owned by Delancey Southend Limited. So Ron Martin doesn't own the ground per se. In fact, I don't think he would have much say as an individual in its future.

I can't understand what is meant by "we can't do much about Ron Martin". What would you want to do about him? Drive him out so he can take his investment with him? Then what's the masterplan? Someone tell me because I can't see what driving out a major shareholder is going to achieve apart from precipitate the death of SUFC ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jenks19 @ May 22 2004,00:11)]Get people who actually want to work for the club instead of people who just think well it's a job and couldn't care less what happens.
And these people accused of not caring are who exactly?!

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jenks19 @ May 22 2004,00:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I could go on.
Please dont.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]As for the players. Their careers are short so who can blame them for moving on to higher division clubs. It's called having ambition for yourself. If they are treated well by a club then they stay it's quite simple.

Or another way to put it, is it is ok for them to hold the club to ransom. Why should they care about the club's future as long as they get the pay packet they want. So in effect do not give a sh*t about us fans, as we will be the ones who suffer.

Of course not all players are like that and not all clubs have bottomless pits to fund fans whims.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ May 22 2004,00:37)]Or another way to put it, is it is ok for them to hold the club to ransom. Why should they care about the club's future as long as they get the pay packet they want.
Indeed. And drive the club into administration in the process. Some of these people ranting and raving obviously forget the disaster the damn near destroyed the Shrimpers just a few short years ago ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ May 22 2004,00:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jenks19 @ May 22 2004,00:11)]Get people who actually want to work for the club instead of people who just think well it's a job and couldn't care less what happens.
And these people accused of not caring are who exactly?!

WS
The manager of the Far Post bar, so miserable he makes Victor Meldrew look like Kris Akabussi !!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Our new director or Programs and website cares though!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ May 22 2004,07:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ May 22 2004,00:37)]Or another way to put it, is it is ok for them to hold the club to ransom. Why should they care about the club's future as long as they get the pay packet they want.
Indeed. And drive the club into administration in the process. Some of these people ranting and raving obviously forget the disaster the damn near destroyed the Shrimpers just a few short years ago ...

WS
Well said WS. Seriously there are too many who forget we could have gone down the pan a long time ago !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ May 22 2004,08:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (lordlumpington @ May 22 2004,08:29)]The manager of the Far Post bar, so miserable he makes Victor Meldrew look like Kris Akabussi !!
That's the legendary Brian Dear isn't it?
The very same !

Must have been a right laugh in his playing days ?

biggrin.gif

Brian Dear was best man to a bloke I worked with in Daily Mirror,said he was great laugh in his younger days

How can anyone say that Ron Martin doesn't care. After all out hardships, given people, however good, and however many goals they score, too much money would show that he doesn't care because that would take the club back into the dire state we once found ourselves in.
I would put it to you that in fact Ron probably cares a lot more then the majority of the players and this is the only reason that he isn't throwing silly money around. Maybe you should think before you speak.
You try going into work on Monday marching into your bosses office and demanding a 3X pay rise, and see what he says.

No one moaned about RM when he dug in to the coffers again to secure Dudfield.

We are (like so many other clubs) up to our b******s in debt and in reality I guess can NOT actually pay the players anything. How banks put up with football clubs is beyond me.

Whatever his reasons we need RM. If he left today - where would we be?

Back