• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend SOS questions you may have

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Just had a phone call from SZ poster @rigsby, lovely chat and explained what we are about and answered his questions, we both left that call on the same page (I’m sure he will confirm that)

Anyway should anybody else have any questions opinions/advice please private message me and you can have my phone number and we can have a chat, it’s important to listen to all opinions even the ones you don’t agree with.
Also you can email saveoursouthend@gmail.com

Yes, a very good chat with Scott, i'll now feel embarrassed if I ever do a runner from his cab

We agree that the protest should focus on things that concern SUFC. For example the 51% fan owned/place on the board is national issue for another time. Let the big boys fight that one out.
Yeah 51 percent is a nice idea but that’s going to require wholesale change in U.K. football and legislation, I support that but for now we as fans need to be focused on the pending situation.

A CEO would be a start for example

Yes, a very good chat with Scott, i'll now feel embarrassed if I ever do a runner from his cab

We agree that the protest should focus on things that concern SUFC. For example the 51% fan owned/place on the board is national issue for another time. Let the big boys fight that one out.
You saying you’ve done a runner from his cab before?

I think the biggest immediate concern is next season, staying competitive and paying the bills/wages. We need to halt the slide. As far as I’m concerned that can be with or without Ron and I don’t personally fancy being part of any “Martin out” pitchfork wielding with no plan B. Which I’m pretty sure isn’t the aim of SOS anyway.

I think the biggest immediate concern is next season, staying competitive and paying the bills/wages. We need to halt the slide. As far as I’m concerned that can be with or without Ron and I don’t personally fancy being part of any “Martin out” pitchfork wielding with no plan B. Which I’m pretty sure isn’t the aim of SOS anyway.

No need to do runners, I have my own driver :Winking:

What is the trigger or plan from moving from protest to direct action/boycott? What is the roadmap that we need to see Ron Martin moving forward with? So far it's positive, but we don't have much time before our NL campaign starts again in August.

It'd be helpful to get weekly updates from Ron (or Stan) about progress that is being made with the following items/issues:

- CEO appointment
- Management/technical team plans for 21/22
- Contract negotiations with the squad
- FF plans
- Commercial and financial planning for reduced NL income/revenue streams
- Assuring the future of our academy status and pipeline of young players (this is probably the main thing that differentiates us from most other NL clubs, as well as potentially the size of our fanbase).

All of these are time critical and I think now Ron recognises: 1. the urgency, and 2. that he can't do this all single-handedly. So I'd argue that protests, while cathartic, aren't essential so much now, and instead we need to hold Ron's feel to the fire by being ready to boycott matches/ST purchases/shirt purchases if he doesn't show real progress with these things.

Although a. CEO is a step in the right direction it is the lack of finance that worries me. The reason for losing our League status is because of the embargo early in the season. The reason for the embargo was because Ron's cash flow situation was precarious resulting in non payment of tax. This has been an ongoing problem for years. Ron's pockets have not been deep enough to sustain a football club consistently year after year. Unless he sells up which is almost certainly not going to happen then he needs finance from another partner(s). Otherwise we will have the same problems next season and in the future. Even bringing in a CEO will immediately increase the wage bill. Hopefully things will improve but it looks like an uphill battle ahead. If Ron gets planning permission for FF and starts work on the project then maybe funds will come in but still no dates have been set. Still, we live in hope for our club.

Gotta pin him down on the ff income streams for the club. Thats the biggest issue for me.

At the moment i see zero advantage in moving, quite the opposite.
With no main stand..... their wont be sufficient revenue streams going into the club. Crazy if you ask me.

With no main stand..... their wont be sufficient revenue streams going into the club. Crazy if you ask me.
Precisely. As it stands we are losing more then we gain. Thats a protest.

Take your millions and bobsled off into the sunshine ron, just leave us a club that is sustainable.

Gotta pin him down on the ff income streams for the club. Thats the biggest issue for me.

At the moment i see zero advantage in moving, quite the opposite.

Same here. There has been very little concrete evidence of how the club will be sustained in the future. He also said at one point the new stadium would make the club debt free. Does that still apply ? Will he still pay off the clubs debts out of the project ?

We (The Custard Splat) joined the SOS Group and our main point before jumping in with both feet was we didnt want it to be a lazy Martin Out bandwagon

This is a protest lobbying for change. Ron is right when he says the club would go bust tomorrow if he left as theres no one waiting in the wings to buy it.

This isnt a Martin Out party

I fully support the protest and hope to be able to join next week.
Should we however also be protesting against the council? As I mentioned in a previous post they seem not to care about SUFC and if anything would prefer if we didn't exist.

You can protest against the council with your vote

We (The Custard Splat) joined the SOS Group and our main point before jumping in with both feet was we didnt want it to be a lazy Martin Out bandwagon

This is a protest lobbying for change. Ron is right when he says the club would go bust tomorrow if he left as theres no one waiting in the wings to buy it.

This isnt a Martin Out party
And we welcome you guys! This is about unity! Clarity and love for this club

Glad to know that the intentions are to bring Ron to the table to explain,clarify and open up rather Martin out.Cleary its early days with Stans involvement but it seems to be moving in the right direction proof of the pudding and all that.
Keep it civil and focus and no doubt we will be successful

Back