• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend SOS questions you may have

Over the last few months and weeks we know that Ron has appeared on couple zoom meetings and given his views but as the club has other directors on the board does anyone know or have been approached for their opinions or views?

Even you - you **** taking git have a place at my table!
WE ARE ALL SOUTHEND! and it’s about time we United and showed it
Far as I’m concerned I have shown it by turning up at the original protest
Cannot be bothered to do it all over again because others couldn’t be bothered to turn up

We (The Custard Splat) joined the SOS Group and our main point before jumping in with both feet was we didnt want it to be a lazy Martin Out bandwagon

This is a protest lobbying for change. Ron is right when he says the club would go bust tomorrow if he left as theres no one waiting in the wings to buy it.

This isnt a Martin Out party
Scott confirmed this the other day and nice to hear you guys feel the same.

For me we just can’t repeat the mistakes of the last 2 seasons and give the rest of the National League a 10-15 game head start. My question to Ron is simply what are we doing to guarantee that? A decent CEO would be a bloody good start!

Last edited:
Scott confirmed this the other day and nice to hear you guys feel the same.

For me we just can’t repeat the mistakes of the last 2 seasons and give the rest of the National League a 10-15 game head start. My question to Ron is simply what are we doing to guarantee that? A decent CEO would be a bloody good start!

Cheers all for throwing your hat in and caring about this great club of ours!

Spot on. The priority is holding him to account publicly and getting commitment to some cast iron plans to halt the club's slide and ensure that it hits the ground running in late June/early July.

Late May early June

Well yeah, as easily as possible of course. Just assumed most well-run clubs would have players back late June to start pre-season. So we need a permanent management team in place by the end of May, a near-enough complete squad back on time and in great shape having followed a strict off-season fitness regime, with a full and varied program of pre-season friendlies lined-up. The complete opposite of this and last season.

Well yeah, as easily as possible of course. Just assumed most well-run clubs would have players back late June to start pre-season. So we need a permanent management team in place by the end of May, a near-enough complete squad back on time and in great shape having followed a strict off-season fitness regime, with a full and varied program of pre-season friendlies lined-up. The complete opposite of this and last season.
Agree but at present we’ve only going to have 4 or 5 players back late June at present

We need a CEO also we need to get the summer transfers in quicker in the summer so we are not late to party and we have a good chance of getting back in the football league I must say we have passionate fans who care about the club I hope Brown stays

Why is everyone taking it for granted that the game is up? I know we're running short on time but let's hope the players don't read SZ. They would think it's not worth bothering with the last 2 games. Scunny seem to have forgotten how to not lose. You never know

Why is everyone taking it for granted that the game is up? I know we're running short on time but let's hope the players don't read SZ. They would think it's not worth bothering with the last 2 games. Scunny seem to have forgotten how to not lose. You never know

The game is up and was months ago, but if you have any money saving tips, we're all ears :ROFL:

Oh hello........................ MARTIN LEWIS, a new member, yep we'd have you as our new CEO :Clap:

Two major questions:

How will we avoid any more embargoes, and therefore by implication, what's the cash flow situation?

The second stems from the first.
How much money for players will be made available compared with other NL clubs?

A CEO can only operate well with the tools available to him.

I'm sure that you have done your due diligence about the forthcoming protest and I'm also sure that you will be aware of the current rules governing protests and demonstrations. Not everyone may be though so it's worth quoting from the rules:

You are allowed to gather in a public outdoor place as long as the gathering:

• has been organised by a business, a charity, a benevolent or philanthropic institution, a public body, or a political body
  • the organiser of the protest has carried out a risk assessment which meets the requirements of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, and
  • the organiser has taken all reasonable steps to limit the risk of transmission of coronavirus, in line with the risk assessment.
Therefore, if you attend a protest of more than six people where the organiser has not carried out the required risk assessment, you may be at risk of arrest.

If you are organising a protest, it is important to carry out a risk assessment

Not a question to Ron, more of a statement really.

Stan is offering his help for free, as much time as the club wants him give.
I know that Stan has said he doesn't need the money, but I think the least Ron could do is throw
as many 'Golfing Days' free at Stan as he can legally muster (within the tax allowances of course)
by way of some sort of appreciation.

P.S. Stan might not play golf, but you get the drift.

I'm sure that you have done your due diligence about the forthcoming protest and I'm also sure that you will be aware of the current rules governing protests and demonstrations. Not everyone may be though so it's worth quoting from the rules:

You are allowed to gather in a public outdoor place as long as the gathering:

• has been organised by a business, a charity, a benevolent or philanthropic institution, a public body, or a political body
  • the organiser of the protest has carried out a risk assessment which meets the requirements of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, and
  • the organiser has taken all reasonable steps to limit the risk of transmission of coronavirus, in line with the risk assessment.
Therefore, if you attend a protest of more than six people where the organiser has not carried out the required risk assessment, you may be at risk of arrest.

If you are organising a protest, it is important to carry out a risk assessment
Full risk assessment has been done, and has been submitted to the police who have approved the protest

Back