• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend SOS Statement

Of course Ron isn't going to see a demonstration and decide he'd best pack up. But a well organised and well attended protest from a significant number of fans always has an impact, especially if its the start of some regular similar action. Just for one afternoon can't everyone just make the effort and join an organised protest so that Ron is in absolutely no doubt as to the strength of our feelings - the very worst impression that we can give him is one of apathy.

An open, well worded, constructive, largely forward thinking letter shared with the press signed by the fans delivered to Ron before the last game of the season can leave him in no doubt about the level of disappointment the fans are feeling and why things need to change. In a strange way a deserted car park at 4.45pm would I suggest carry more weight than a few hundred people screaming abuse across a windswept car park.

But the covenant on Roots Hall implies SUFC have to have a stadium first, before RH can be built on ? I'm sure if that wasn't there, somebody would have bought SUFC and knocked that down years ago
Correct it does say that, however the club would have to exist for that to continue surely

Will this protest be ‘Martin Out’ as the slogan?

I’m very much unhappy with the running of the club and the state we are in, although I’m not sure it’s as simple as ‘Martin Out’

What message is SOS pushing on the day?

Reactions: Ted
We will be there with a few others I’ve spoken to. No point in sitting around at home, might as well show support for SOS and go to the Hall for last time as a league side

I just don't understand some of the negativity on here . The protest is a good idea at least Ron will know we are on his case and we wont go away without a fight.

My point is that it risks just making people feel better in the moment - but make building a consensus to get this club moving forward even more difficult. Time is not on our side. History tells you getting promotion out of the NL can be ridiculously difficult. A hat trick of relegations is a a much likelier outcome if all stakeholders from fans through to the Chairman don't pull together.

An open, well worded, constructive, largely forward thinking letter shared with the press signed by the fans delivered to Ron before the last game of the season can leave him in no doubt about the level of disappointment the fans are feeling and why things need to change. In a strange way a deserted car park at 4.45pm would I suggest carry more weight than a few hundred people screaming abuse across a windswept car park.
A letter sent to Ron Martin, after we’ve just gone out of the football league, due to his ridiculous running of the football club are you Fukin serious???.

Time and time again he’s ignored any real questions and the recent zoom meeting with him said it all, on what he feels for us. He’s 100% brought this upon himself, and this is the only thing that’s gonna get him to the table, and properly answer our questions because he’s clearly not a reasonable person you can have polite honest dialogue with.

If he Carry’s on we do what Blackpool did, and boycott the home games and any money that would go to him bevsuse I’m sick to death of him and his attitude.

I know SOS posted a list of reasons etc the other day.

Can't remember but if you haven't it would/might be worth asking for confirmation that we won't fail the NL AGM and fail their financial requirements.

Will this protest be ‘Martin Out’ as the slogan?

I’m very much unhappy with the running of the club and the state we are in, although I’m not sure it’s as simple as ‘Martin Out’

What message is SOS pushing on the day?
If you check the other thread @Lord Football has done an in depth extensive post on this mate

Neither do I, I was putting it out there. Could any Owner (not just RM, but if he sold to a developer say) just let the club go under and develop the land

I would like to think the Trust would have the answer to that question. Surely, their members fees must have been put towards finding out a crucial part of the future sustainability of the club.

A letter sent to Ron Martin, after we’ve just gone out of the football league, due to his ridiculous running of the football club are you Fukin serious???.

Time and time again he’s ignored any real questions and the recent zoom meeting with him said it all, on what he feels for us. He’s 100% brought this upon himself, and this is the only thing that’s gonna get him to the table, and properly answer our questions because he’s clearly not a reasonable person you can have polite honest dialogue with.

If he Carry’s on we do what Blackpool did, and boycott the home games and any money that would go to him bevsuse I’m sick to death of him and his attitude.

Boycotting matches is something of course fans can do, perhaps should do as a last resort. It's like the nuclear option. Buy what we need to do now, and it's the hardest thing to do at this moment in time, is to take the emotion out of this, engage heads not hearts, and search for the quickest way possible to extract ourselves out of the mire we find ourselves in. Thrashing around, shouting and screaming accusations and ultimatums is going to make the situation significantly worse. Ron is too far vested in this to simply walk away. There is nobody waiting in the wings, with the desire and means to buy the club. Not a great negotiating position for either side. But I'm convinced we can find a way forward that could benefit both parties and most importantly the future of the Club.

Boycotting matches is something of course fans can do, perhaps should do as a last resort. It's like the nuclear option. Buy what we need to do now, and it's the hardest thing to do at this moment in time, is to take the emotion out of this, engage heads not hearts, and search for the quickest way possible to extract ourselves out of the mire we find ourselves in. Thrashing around, shouting and screaming accusations and ultimatums is going to make the situation significantly worse. Ron is too far vested in this to simply walk away. There is nobody waiting in the wings, with the desire and means to buy the club. Not a great negotiating position for either side. But I'm convinced we can find a way forward that could benefit both parties and most importantly the future of the Club.

I agree. Yes, in an ideal situation that would be great. But he has had plenty of opportunity to liaise with the supporters groups over many years, and he has come out with some ridiculous explanations and statements that totally disrespect the fanbase. How do we know there is nobody in the wings ? We'll only know if he agrees to sell the club !

Back