• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend SOS Update

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Save Our Southend notes the appalling 'statement' issued yesterday by Southend United Chairman, Ron Martin. It is, unsurprisingly, yet another prime example of the bumbling and failing leadership of our great club. At a time when every single one of us is hurting, he delivers more bluster and deflection about Mark Molesley and Mick McCarthy, and dismisses the stories around Stan Collymore as 'social media rumours' - despite the video evidence of the call we had with him last night - and follows up with "I will continue to fund the club" despite there being no evidence of his ability to do so adequately.

This is nothing more than him reminding the supporters that he is boss and we will tow the line. Even worse, there is still a stubborn refusal to publicly accept any responsibility and/or to apologise for the shocking state the club has fallen into. A truly contemptible and patronising way to treat the Club's lifeblood.

The time for these crazy statements has long since passed. The message needs to be clear. TALK TO STAN COLLYMORE. See what he has to say, work with him and we may just be able to survive as a club and turn this ship around.

We would also like it to be known that SoS are not behind last night's banners which were tied onto the Roots Hall gates, and neither have we organised today's protest. With that being said, we do not discourage any Southend fan from making their voice heard in any way that they see fit and if anybody is going to Roots Hall in person today, it goes without saying that people's health and safety are paramount - respectful behaviour and Covid guidelines should be observed.

I have been a supporter for 55 years and after reading his statement feel many more fans will decide to stop going to matches. I hope Stan can get him to listen but I don’t hold out much hope for this. I also worked for a person like Ron Martin who was money motivated and didn’t listen to anybody’s ideas. All about I am the boss and you will do as I say. I will not stop watching them in the national league and hope we can bounce straight back!!!

It has taken us all far too much time to now finally realise his little games of lies, bluff and bluster can't be accepted any more.
Think the fact that he has driven us to non League has confirmed that the hot air machine in charge has finally opened our eyes. 3rd from bottom and we'd have still probably accepted all of his lies and games but looks like he could now be embarrassed in to showing the public what he really is. Think relegation and with Stan, True Blue etc. gaining momentum, this could be a far better watch than this years games!

Back