• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The annual 20/20 match between the Footy & Cricket teams is this evening - start time is 17.30 at Southchurch Park. - Free entry - Bar (not free sadly) & some decent cricket . The last couple of games have been quite close. Neil Harris has been turning out for the cricket team this year but I don't know if he will be featuring tonight.

Is it definitely on? Tweeted the club last night but no response and not seen anything to confirm it "officially" recently. We always enjoy it so were looking forward to it...that's a bit later start than normal I think.

As far as i'm aware it's a goer - I have looked at the SOSEMT website & it doesn't say anything about the game being off & there is a tweet mentioning the game from 9 hours ago , also on the website. If you google SOSEMT you should get the website details.

Unfortunately can't make it, but if anyone can post ball-by-ball commentary it would be much appreciated.

I would have gone but they have timed it when Essex are playing their first home 50 over match which is not the best

It's a good job we haven't got Mohsni, anymore. I dread to think what could happen if he was armed with a cricket bat and got out first ball.

Can anyone think of any cricket related shrimpers players. Adam "Jeff" Thompson ??

Ryan Leonard Hutton

Chris Lewis was a Coker

And former Shrimpers
Jamal IAN camp-BELL-Ryce

It was a good evening as it always is, one of the highlights for me was Conor Clifford getting instruction from the umpire as to how to bowl! :hilarious:

Star of the evening was Mitchell Pinnock who had opened the batting alongside Pross and was one of several to retire having scored his 30, and then came back in. Also proved to be a useful bowler and very good with the gloves. Jack Payne also did very well, and was probably the star bowler.

All in all, a good evening, match played in good humour, and there was actually a BBQ this year - so well done to all concerned. :thumbsup:

Very enjoyable game with a hint of comedy about it particularly Connor Cliffords baseball pitching & dodgy fielding & BBBC trying to whack the ball out the ground during the interval whilst wearing flip flops & a Pink shirt.
Big celebration from our lads at the end, god knows what will happen when we win the league this year!

Could hear a lot of the on field banter which was quite funny particularly from young Josh Banton - ("you hit at me - you only get a maximum of one ").

Back