• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sour grapes and rotten attitude

Sean 2

Director
Popped to Spain on this weekend to drink away my 40th with a load of chaps and found a bar near the beach with a ton of tv's showing all things football on Saturday.As you do.

Anyways,i'm in the bar clutching a jar of hops and barley watching the Norf Larnden derby (i mean the annual thrashing Spurs get @ WHL) and this Man Ure -shirted guy next to me starts up a chat.

He's telling me how they should lay out 30 large for Berbotov 'cos he's mustard.Then he says how then they would clean up in Europe and win the league by 20 points,at the same time Man U would also pocket the F.a.cup by playing their reserves.

So i turned to him and remarked "you do realise i'm not a Spurs boy?" He said he thought i was Spurs because i was standing with a few.I told him they were my mates and then pulled at my shirt to show him the famous SUFC crest.Well,he looked at the crest and became ashen-faced and slightly pale.

To ease the situation i said "it's enough to send shivers down yer spine innit mate" and smiled knowingly :D

Well that was it,he just turned and sodded off.Not a dickie bird,a smile,a well done mate-you deserved to beat us,nope.

It's no wonder Manc fans get a bad reputation.To$$er.

Popped to Spain on this weekend to drink away my 40th with a load of chaps and found a bar near the beach with a ton of tv's showing all things football on Saturday.As you do.

Anyways,i'm in the bar clutching a jar of hops and barley watching the Norf Larnden derby (i mean the annual thrashing Spurs get @ WHL) and this Man Ure -shirted guy next to me starts up a chat.

He's telling me how they should lay out 30 large for Berbotov 'cos he's mustard.Then he says how then they would clean up in Europe and win the league by 20 points,at the same time Man U would also pocket the F.a.cup by playing their reserves.

So i turned to him and remarked "you do realise i'm not a Spurs boy?" He said he thought i was Spurs because i was standing with a few.I told him they were my mates and then pulled at my shirt to show him the famous SUFC crest.Well,he looked at the crest and became ashen-faced and slightly pale.

To ease the situation i said "it's enough to send shivers down yer spine innit mate" and smiled knowingly :D

Well that was it,he just turned and sodded off.Not a dickie bird,a smile,a well done mate-you deserved to beat us,nope.

lol............would have loved to have been there to witness that mate

lol............would have loved to have been there to witness that mate

Eh?!

I thought mustard cost just a couple of euros from the local QuickSave?

Nah, it's a bit less expensive over here. It's 30p. ;)

Nothing worse than the fan of ANY club giving it the large as to how great their team is. It's as if the fact that they support them somehow makes themselves a better person, when invariably the total opposite is true.

Nothing worse than the fan of ANY club giving it the large as to how great their team is. It's as if the fact that they support them somehow makes themselves a better person, when invariably the total opposite is true.

Whenever I meet someone who supports Man U, Chelsea etc etc when they should of course their local team whoever that may be I always get the "well my Dad supports them". Funny how if their Dad supported Rochdale then that theory goes out of the window!

Also when confronted by this I ask them who their next game is against and unless there is a TV guide to hand they're usually in trouble.

UTB.

Whenever I meet someone who supports Man U, Chelsea etc etc when they should of course their local team whoever that may be I always get the "well my Dad supports them". Funny how if their Dad supported Rochdale then that theory goes out of the window!

Also when confronted by this I ask them who their next game is against and unless there is a TV guide to hand they're usually in trouble.

UTB.

I remember someone on the precursor to this messageboard (an email group) mentioning a story of a conversation he had with a Man U fan from London. This fan said that he hadn't missed a Man U game all season. The guy thought that was rather impressive, especially as this Man U fan lived in London. He then went on to say that on one occassion, when is Sky box packed up, he managed to get to the pub in time for kick off...!

fave conversation with Man U fans -

oh you a Man U fan ?

yeah -

oh we beat last season -

oh you must be Gooner ? Or Chelsea ? or Milan ? - or ......

no mate - we did you the day after Fergies 20 years celebration .....

hang on - we didn't lose to Everton did we ..... was it a cup ?

yep - and you played Rooney and Ronaldo and the lot ....

- oh was it Blackburn or someone -

- no mate - there was only 11 thousand there - in fact i was sitting next to two Man U guys who had paid 100 quid for their tickets in the southend end -

- oh what was it then -

- it was a national competition the league cup and we beat you 1 - 0 at our place - goal was scored by our start striker - a Romany gypsy -

- oh are you Southend supporter -

- yes mate - i was there -

................................. you can tell they are really jealous that they would rather be a Shrimper than a Manc - they begin to look uncomfortable - they only support Man U cos tehy are the biggest and the best and give you the most smug bragging rites and just by being a Shrimper you have undone everythingtehy ever believed in - HA HA HA effing HA - who are you ?

LMAO best stry i have heard all week.. LOVE IT

UTB.

lol like it. Its so true.

great stuff 'Shrimpandtwoveg'.
Everytime I see a manure fan in Southend I chant 1-0 at them.it does seem like manure fans seemed to have erased that wonderful night from thier minds like it didnt happen.

great stuff 'Shrimpandtwoveg'.
Everytime I see a manure fan in Southend I chant 1-0 at them.it does seem like manure fans seemed to have erased that wonderful night from thier minds like it didnt happen.

Not all of them. When I popped in the shop to buy some beers for the trip back on saturday in Manchester city centre. The shop assistant asked me if I knew the Chealsea score, I showed him my Southend badge and said I couldn't give a stuff. He then replied "ah Southend, you beat us last year" with a bit of an embarrsed look lol!

fave conversation with Man U fans -

oh you a Man U fan ?

yeah -

oh we beat last season -

oh you must be Gooner ? Or Chelsea ? or Milan ? - or ......

no mate - we did you the day after Fergies 20 years celebration .....

hang on - we didn't lose to Everton did we ..... was it a cup ?

yep - and you played Rooney and Ronaldo and the lot ....

- oh was it Blackburn or someone -

- no mate - there was only 11 thousand there - in fact i was sitting next to two Man U guys who had paid 100 quid for their tickets in the southend end -

- oh what was it then -

- it was a national competition the league cup and we beat you 1 - 0 at our place - goal was scored by our start striker - a Romany gypsy -

- oh are you Southend supporter -

- yes mate - i was there -

................................. you can tell they are really jealous that they would rather be a Shrimper than a Manc - they begin to look uncomfortable - they only support Man U cos tehy are the biggest and the best and give you the most smug bragging rites and just by being a Shrimper you have undone everythingtehy ever believed in - HA HA HA effing HA - who are you ?

I meet alot of American football fans, they only support one club, Manure, but tell them the Shrimpers story and they often convert. I've got two making their annual visit to Roots Hall for the Doncaster match.

Back