• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

South Africa Tour 2019/20

In fairness SAM, when SA were 111-5 in first innings it seemed a good choice to bowl

I don't think the toss affected the result. Letting SA off the hook at 111-5 and then batting poorly in the first innings did.

England scored more in their second innings than the first.

I don't think the toss affected the result. Letting SA off the hook at 111-5 and then batting poorly in the first innings did.

England scored more in their second innings than the first.

Our top 5 batted better than their top 5 but with Bairstow at 6 and Butler at 7, we now have the longest tail in test cricket.

Of course it does help if you can bowl at lower order batsmen....On a low scoring pitch best to bowl it in the right areas, set an attacking field, third man and let the pitch do the work.

Our top 5 batted better than their top 5 but with Bairstow at 6 and Butler at 7, we now have the longest tail in test cricket.

Of course it does help if you can bowl at lower order batsmen....On a low scoring pitch best to bowl it in the right areas, set an attacking field, third man and let the pitch do the work.

It's worrying how quickly we've gone from having such a strong lower order to it being a glaring weakness.

The ironic thing is it's the newer players who nearly won it for us - Burns, Denly, Archer and Curran.

When are they going to stop playing football as part of cricket warm ups !!!

Archer out with elbow injury ( non football), Burns out for series (football related)

Bairstow dropped

Sibley and Crawley open

Blow losing Burns to injury but it was the correct decision to play Crawley despite him going cheaply.
Have to give new players a chance rather than going back to players who have failed.
With Archer sidelined I would have thought Wood may have been an option.
Probably curse it now but Denly is beginning to look the part of a top order test batsman.
Dom Bess is a decent pick as well.

Blow losing Burns to injury but it was the correct decision to play Crawley despite him going cheaply.
Have to give new players a chance rather than going back to players who have failed.
With Archer sidelined I would have thought Wood may have been an option.
Probably curse it now but Denly is beginning to look the part of a top order test batsman.
Dom Bess is a decent pick as well.

Please don't curse it, I have £20 on him reaching 50

Oh dear! Stokes gone now, 5 down for 180 odd. I fear the worst whilst hoping for better.

Another gift this time from Stokes.
Dreadful way to get out. Kookaburra in it's 67th over, this was time to put pressure on the fielding side but now we're staring down the barrel. Buttler who is not in any form and Curran to come then the bowlers, two of which can no longer bat.

Back