• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

South Essex constituencies for 2015

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
Our politics guru, knowing I'm an Essex man, has sent me the Ladbrokes odds for next year. Looks like the Conservatives have it all sealed up down that way...

Southend West
1/50 Conservatives
25 Liberal Democrats
25 UKIP
100 Labour

Rochford & Southend East
1/50 Conservatives
20 Labour
20 UKIP
100 Liberal Democrats

Castle Point
1/8 Conservatives
5 UKIP
100 Liberal Democrats
100 Labour

Really? Why here? I would have thought he'd do better to stand against someone like Amess?

Really? Why here? I would have thought he'd do better to stand against someone like Amess?

Well the odds suggest it's not particularly likely! I suppose Castle Point has been a bit of interesting seat in recent elections after the the very steady Bernard Braine era, both Con and Lab winning and of course good old Bob Spink.

There was a suggestion in The Times today that Farage could do worse than Austin Mitchell's Greater Grimsby constituency (from which the veteran MP is stepping down next year).

Well the odds suggest it's not particularly likely! I suppose Castle Point has been a bit of interesting seat in recent elections after the the very steady Bernard Braine era, both Con and Lab winning and of course good old Bob Spink.

There was a suggestion in The Times today that Farage could do worse than Austin Mitchell's Greater Grimsby constituency (from which the veteran MP is stepping down next year).

Spink has made himself very unpopular lately with the plans for developing land which includes part of his property. We have an excellent MP in Rebecca Harris at the moment and I hope she continues to represent the area.

When Bernard Braine was MP for Castle Point they never bothered to count the Tory vote, they just weighed it. Spink had some big boots to fill and on the whole did pretty well. The Referendem Party took 2700 votes of Spink 1997 which let Labour in and gave CP the very useless Christine Butler, and boy was she useless.

Unsurprisingly, Spink got back in 2001 and absolutely smashed home in 2005 with almost a 9000 majority. I'm not sure what Harris's majority is but I have heard she works very hard for her constituantes which will probably be enough to see her back in the HofC after the next election.

Farage wouldn't even consider standing in CP as previous elections suggest that there is only a passing interest in UKIP and he would most likely lose his deposit. I think he will stand in the Thanet area where he has a large supporter base as does UKIP. But we will see.

It is simply staggering that Southend elects Conservative MPs.

I can only assume voter apathy because the majority have nothing to gain from a Conservative government.

Living in castle Point it is also disturbing that UKIP are only priced at fives.

Back