• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

South-West Corner Bar

Nick Prawnby

First XI
No draught beer, half a pint of warm bottled lager poured into a plastic glass for £2.40 (£4.80 a PINT!)
Hardly any chairs so you sit on the tables.
And no TV.

Use the Shrimpers Bar
biggrin.gif

has this thread set a new record for the longest time between the original post and the first reply?

I'm sure that bar had a tv last year.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ Sep. 22 2005,11:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I never even knew the place existed

The Shrimpers Bar has been there for years!!
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

And I've been going THERE for years! Never venture out to those south-west parts....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ Sep. 22 2005,11:41)]What do you think of the new decor?
Only been in once this season I must admit. I'll keep an eye out next time I pop in (hopefully Tuesday if I get down from London in time)

Yup, the South-west corner bar is decidedly sh*t. Usually I save my drinking for before I get in the ground...

Discovered the SW bar on Sat (normally in the East Stand & use the Groundsmans bar). Pleased I could get a beer before the game ( kids wanted to get there early) but why no tv? SUFC go to the trouble of broadcasting Blues tv & yet miss out on potential viewers+ would be nice to see the h-t results on Sky sports as in the groundsmans.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Sep. 22 2005,13:06)]Usually I save my drinking for before I get in the ground...
That sentence has bugged me for ten minutes, and whichever way you look at it it doesn't make sense.

I now have a headache and it's your fault.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fish @ Sep. 22 2005,13:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Sep. 22 2005,13:06)]Usually I save my drinking for before I get in the ground...
That sentence has bugged me for ten minutes, and whichever way you look at it it doesn't make sense.

I now have a headache and it's your fault.
Hmmm. After reading it again, it doesn't really make sense.

Oops.  
oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I usually wait till before the game to do my drinking

Thanks, that's much better. Or 'I usually drink before the game' will do as well.

No that I can drink much alcohol on matchdays anyway....
down.gif

If it's been a good Friday night I sometimes sweat alcohol before and during a game. Does that count?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nick Prawnby @ Aug. 31 2005,22:02)]No draught beer, half a pint of warm bottled lager poured into a plastic glass for £2.40 (£4.80 a PINT!)
And no TV.
Another thread regarding critism toward the club?

wow.gif

Blimey, you can tell things are going well on the pitch!!!!

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Sep. 22 2005,17:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nick Prawnby @ Aug. 31 2005,22:02)]No draught beer, half a pint of warm bottled lager poured into a plastic glass for £2.40 (£4.80 a PINT!)
And no TV.

wow.gif

tounge.gif
I know - Its completely disrupted my last two years. Tilly out!! Atkins In!! Yeah that should take us back to the dark years!

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Sep. 22 2005,13:06)]Yup, the South-west corner bar is decidedly sh*t. Usually I save my drinking for before I get in the ground...
.... nice paradox.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Sep. 22 2005,17:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Sep. 22 2005,17:18)]
[b said:
And no TV.

wow.gif

tounge.gif
I know - Its completely disrupted my last two years. Tilly out!! Atkins In!! Yeah that should take us back to the dark years!

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Yeah, and Belgrave back up front to cap it all off!

tounge.gif

Back