• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southampton win will mean nothing........

secondalibi

Coach
I know its an old cliche and its pretty damn obvious, but we just have to win at Luton on Friday night. The time for settling for draws here and there has long gone, we need wins. I cannot stress what a win at Kenilworth Road will do for the rest of our season, it would be massive. The confidence of the team would shoot up. We could then go to Spurs on Wednesday and play with a little bit more freedom, before we then take on Birmingham at Roots Hall. This next week could just define our season. For all those going to Luton on Friday night....MAKE SOME NOISE!!!! I wanna hear you all on SKY!!!. I will be watching from a pub in Birmingham and will be cheering on the boys, despite the strange looks from the locals!!!

- G

[b said:
Quote[/b] (secondalibi @ Dec. 13 2006,17:32)]I know its an old cliche and its pretty damn obvious, but we just have to win at Luton on Friday night. The time for settling for draws here and there has long gone, we need wins. I cannot stress what a win at Kenilworth Road will do for the rest of our season, it would be massive. The confidence of the team would shoot up. We could then go to Spurs on Wednesday and play with a little bit more freedom, before we then take on Birmingham at Roots Hall. This next week could just define our season. For all those going to Luton on Friday night....MAKE SOME NOISE!!!! I wanna hear you all on SKY!!!. I will be watching from a pub in Birmingham and will be cheering on the boys, despite the strange looks from the locals!!!  

- G
I think brumies all ways look strange
upside.gif

oops.gif

Its not a must-win game, but its definately a most-not-lose game. After the high of Southampton, a defeat, especially a heavy one, could be disasterous for morale.

i agree with secondaliabi... this is must win! not only will it be 3 desperately needed points.. but it brings luton into the battle at the bottom. i dont think a point will really help to be honest, this is an away game we have to win (after poor results against barnsley and leeds away)

I dont think its a must win, we've had a must win for every game for the last couple of months now, and have lost those so I think we can lose and still stay up. We will need 2 wins on the trot sooner or later though.

Luton are bottom of the current form (  last 6 games )  League . I think Tilly said we need 10 wins n 7 draws etc I'm sure he would regard this game as one of the winable 10 .

I wouldn't say must-win because that would imply disappointment with a draw.

Given Luton's strength is at home, a draw wouldn't be terrible but I can't help but think, with Luton having lost seven on the bounce or something, that we can win it. The problem, or possibly the opportunity, stems from the belief amongst their fans that this is the time to end the run. Time for us to do to Luton what Hull did to us I reckon.

lets be honest we have a very tough run of games coming up in such a small space of time. we have look at thing realistically and we really need to get 3 points on friday. that will really help us out.

I will really start believing we can stay up if we can win tomorrow - first back-to-back league wins of the season, first win away, off the bottom (if only for a day)...massive psychological boosts all. And as someone has pointed out we drag Luton in too.

Oh, and I hate Luton. Grew up around there and it is a scum pit!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Dec. 14 2006,00:05)]I wouldn't say must-win because that would imply disappointment with a draw.

Given Luton's strength is at home, a draw wouldn't be terrible but I can't help but think, with Luton having lost seven on the bounce or something, that we can win it.  The problem, or possibly the opportunity, stems from the belief amongst their fans that this is the time to end the run.  Time for us to do to Luton what Hull did to us I reckon.
I hear what you're saying S in the P, but in the situation we find ourselves, we simply MUST be disappointed with a draw. We had a great start to the rest of our season against Southampton but we need to continue winning games - starting against Luton. As one of those teams battling out with us to avoid relegation, anything less than 3 points against turns a tough situation into a very, very difficult situation that many might even give up on.

To young Fred who argues that we've been calling all of the recent games "must win", that simply underlies the point. Every point dropped increases the pressure on the next game.

This is one we can win!
This is one we NEED to win!
A massive six-pointer!

Lets face it that after last weeks performance we would rather be playing at Luton to keep the momentum going instead of having to go to Birmingham or Derby or a few other sides.

Normally Id say a draw was enough, but bearing in mind we have Birmingham at Home, WBA and Norwich away Id say if we want to stay up we need 3 points Friday.

Id settle for a draw at WBA but Luton are a team we need to get more points from.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ Dec. 14 2006,13:56)]Normally Id say a draw was enough, but bearing in mind we have Birmingham at Home, WBA and Norwich away Id say if we want to stay up we need 3 points Friday.

Id settle for a draw at WBA but Luton are a team we need to get more points from.
It's West Brom at home after Norwich and Coventry away!.

Luton is probably the team we want three points off the most as it not only takes us off the bottom (for at least 17 hours) it takes points away from our closest rivals tablewise.

Its all very well beating the big boys but its not going to count for anything if we cant string a few decent wins together.

I shall be watching on sky - hope to hear the barmy army singing loud!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Billy Bests boot laces @ Dec. 14 2006,14:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ Dec. 14 2006,13:56)]Normally Id say a draw was enough, but bearing in mind we have Birmingham at Home, WBA and Norwich away Id say if we want to stay up we need 3 points Friday.

It's West Brom at home after Norwich and Coventry away!.
Oh you are watching the WBA game at Roots Hall ?

Thats a bit lame, Im going up to the Hawthorns as I was hoping for a beam back. Ahem.

Completely forgot about the Coventry game.

Back