• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No surprise there, Ted is a much better prospect than Dan in my humble opinion.

What makes you say that? I've not seen Ted so can't give an opinion on how good he is but I don't think you can underestimate mental strength as an attribute for a keeper and Dan has stepped effortlessly into the professional game with confidence and is mature beyond his years. That is still a big unknown with Ted regardless of his attributes.

As for Akinfenwa wasting time walking off, to be fair he wasn't any more mobile during the game. I've never seen him actually run, he just jogs everywhere.

Due to his muscle mass his body requires a lot more oxygen than any other footballer, if he ran around a lot his body would struggle to fuel his muscles in the way they require. He therefore has to pick and choose his moments to run and/or limit himself to a jog and focus on best utilizing his superior strength.

Like others on the item, why oh why do we take off Corr, for Barnard who has not impressed me once so fair this season, and then we start sending high balls into the box. great tactic PB. For me the MOM was Prosser dealing with Akinfenwa, who uses his arms,elbows etc.
I don't understand your post?
I have seen AA defended against much, much better; notably by Mark Phillips!
Neither of our centre backs got in front of AA and used their better mobility and height. They didn't get much help from midfield BUT they allowed AA to win the ball countless times by playing to his strengths rather that using theirs!
Both should do better against Paynter at Carlisle.
I do agree that we lost some momentum when Barry went off & I just hope his back does not stop him playing on Saturday.
Lastly on the AA job they can learn from this; & pleasingly both showed willingness to struggle with him and that is positive: but both showed a measure of lack of experience as well.

What makes you say that? I've not seen Ted so can't give an opinion on how good he is but I don't think you can underestimate mental strength as an attribute for a keeper and Dan has stepped effortlessly into the professional game with confidence and is mature beyond his years. That is still a big unknown with Ted regardless of his attributes.

The fact that he is deemed good enough for the England squad at his level would, I think, suggest that his prospects are good!

The fact that he is deemed good enough for the England squad at his level would, I think, suggest that his prospects are good!
Yeah it's impressive but so many players that make international youth set ups don't make it, hopefully Ted ain't one! If I was putting money on which of the two would play the higher level it would be on Dan

i've had a look at the free kick and in my opinion Bentley is at fault. he got suckered in to the old one step. if he'd stayed there it's his regardless of the deflection i think. if he gets it up and over the wall fair play, especially at this level.
let those in front close down and deal with any other phrases as and when but the touch and hit doesn't actually affect where the ball is going, still up and over the wall or in DB's corner
thats what i think anyway

Does anyone have a link to the TV coverage of the goal please
I watched the highlights with Blues Player. However they are also freely available on You Yube and I find the link on the OS facebook page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01bbX1oKGNk

Having seen them, I'm afraid that I find the misses by Coulthirst and Weston more shocking than the failure of Bentley to deal with that free-kick. All three chances shown should have resulted in goals, the first was a particularly glaring miss and not, at least, finding the target was almost criminal! The last one wasn't too clever either although the refex save to Barnard's point blank header had already indicated that it wasn't going to be our night.

Thank you for the link OBL, flip and phew! Our chances were better than I first thought and their free kick took a massive, unlucky deflection.
I can't see much cause to criticise Dan for the goal.

Bentley took a step the wrong way, as the ball was originally going in that direction, and the deflection took it perfectly into the top corner.

Luck totally deserted us on Tuesday, although Weston's miss was poor. There was nothing wrong with the shot from Coulthirst in the first half, he hit that hard and low, and it was a very good save.

He should have done better with the chance from the Barnard header though. When you also think that Leonard grazed the bar with his free kick, it was one of those games.

Following the disappointment of Tuesday night, I'll make a little prediction from what I saw. It was at Northampton on the 14th of January 2012, that we last scored more than four goals in a game and I predict that we will do that again this season. One day everything is going to go right and some team is going to take a hammering.

I agree. Can't believe how fickle some folk are. It's only one defeat in 3 games. If we keep creating chances like that we'll do fine this season.

Back