• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Can't see one of these started so here goes. According to Sky, that was the first goal we've conceded at home in 460 minutes of football so it was a real shame Scott Malone made it look like a walk in the park, going through our defence!

Inconsistent refereeing, Corr and Blair were continually fouled by the Burton defence, and I felt that if Hall had seen more of the ball in the first half in particular, when we were pretty dominant to begin with, he'd have run them ragged and we'd have had more goals to show for it. Blair very unlucky again not to score, he must wonder what he has to do as oppo 'keepers always seem to pull off fantastic saves when it looks like he's going to score. Thought the two cards on Sawyer were rough considering how both Grant and Hall were treated, there was also a deliberate clip on Kane's heel by one of their defence off the ball that wasn't seen, so Burton were yet another side playing dirty tactics and getting away with it. We couldn't see what the reason was for their winger to be red carded but I'm assured it was because he did a "w" gesture at the crowd and it was the 4th official that saw it, so good to see the ref actually taking advice on that one.

Massive :clap: for Granty, Hall and Bilel in particular who spent ages going round the ground at the end. FB is full of photos of Bilel smiling with young fans and making numerous kids' days. Nice to see Coughlan and Morris with their kids too.

Morris - 8, more variation with throwing, porbably best in that wind!
Clohessy - 7, worked in well going forward on the wing
Mohsni - 7, better in defence than last week, wasn't he pleased to be thrown forward?!
Barker - 7, composed as usual
Prosser - 6, hoofing doesn't always work on windy days and he was found out a few times
Grant - 6, didn't notice him too much other than when he was fouled
Easton - 7, shame the overhead didn't work, would have been a very spectacular goal!
Ferdinand - 7, got stuck in well
Hall - 7, not enough movement for me this game
Sturrock - 7, kept battling, unlucky not to score
Corr - 8.5 MOTM, 21st goal of the season, what more can you want?

Subs:
Sawyer for Grant - 6, still not feeling it with Sawyer
Crawford for Sturrock - 6, not the right game for Harry, I felt Coughlan should have come on when Crawford did so Mohsni could go up front
Coughlan for Easton - 7, made his presence felt pretty quickly in defence!

Interesting that Coughlan gave the after match interview to BBC Essex rather than Sturrock. Is PS starting to prepare him for his role as assistant manager already?

Interesting that Coughlan gave the after match interview to BBC Essex rather than Sturrock. Is PS starting to prepare him for his role as assistant manager already?

I think Coughlan is the obvious choice

PS had to shoot off last night and actually left the ground straight from the photo call on the pitch.

Having received a bit of well deserved abuse for play acting the sent off bloke decided he'd walk down the touchline saying F*** Off at least four times to the East Stand fans. 4th official notified the ref.

Can't see one of these started so here goes. According to Sky, that was the first goal we've conceded at home in 460 minutes of football so it was a real shame Scott Malone made it look like a walk in the park, going through our defence!

Inconsistent refereeing, Corr and Blair were continually fouled by the Burton defence, and I felt that if Hall had seen more of the ball in the first half in particular, when we were pretty dominant to begin with, he'd have run them ragged and we'd have had more goals to show for it. Blair very unlucky again not to score, he must wonder what he has to do as oppo 'keepers always seem to pull off fantastic saves when it looks like he's going to score. Thought the two cards on Sawyer were rough considering how both Grant and Hall were treated, there was also a deliberate clip on Kane's heel by one of their defence off the ball that wasn't seen, so Burton were yet another side playing dirty tactics and getting away with it. We couldn't see what the reason was for their winger to be red carded but I'm assured it was because he did a "w" gesture at the crowd and it was the 4th official that saw it, so good to see the ref actually taking advice on that one.

Massive :clap: for Granty, Hall and Bilel in particular who spent ages going round the ground at the end. FB is full of photos of Bilel smiling with young fans and making numerous kids' days. Nice to see Coughlan and Morris with their kids too.

Morris - 8, more variation with throwing, porbably best in that wind!
Clohessy - 7, worked in well going forward on the wing
Mohsni - 7, better in defence than last week, wasn't he pleased to be thrown forward?!
Barker - 7, composed as usual
Prosser - 6, hoofing doesn't always work on windy days and he was found out a few times
Grant - 6, didn't notice him too much other than when he was fouled
Easton - 7, shame the overhead didn't work, would have been a very spectacular goal!
Ferdinand - 7, got stuck in well
Hall - 7, not enough movement for me this game
Sturrock - 7, kept battling, unlucky not to score
Corr - 8.5 MOTM, 21st goal of the season, what more can you want?
Subs:
Sawyer for Grant - 6, still not feeling it with Sawyer
Crawford for Sturrock - 6, not the right game for Harry, I felt Coughlan should have come on when Crawford did so Mohsni could go up front
Coughlan for Easton - 7, made his presence felt pretty quickly in defence!

Apart from his goal he didn't do much of note.
When was the last time a SU striker finished up with twenty + goals and didn't even figure in the top 3 for the POTY award?

Coughlan was also the one doing all the paperwork for the substitutions, expect an announcement about this in the next few days.

also expect Grant to leave to an as yet unnamed Championship club - explains the long slow goodbye!!

Wondered about that too, but if so, then he's got to improve on his performace in the 2nd half of the season. No way has he been producing CCC quality football.

Grant is no where near ready for the Championship. He's been pretty invisable since November.

Maybe, but IMO he's got all the attributes for a DCM in the CCC. He's a quality player but he's not been at his best this season as you say

Maybe, but IMO he's got all the attributes for a DCM in the CCC. He's a quality player but he's not been at his best this season as you say

He does have the qualities to make it one day but he needs to be showing them week in week out. He had a fantastic start to the season but has ended average at best.

Bit late I know, but I did actually manage to get to the game for once on saturday - my boss couldn't go so gave me his tickets. So I was chuffed just to be there, bizarrely though for me, my mum wanted to come along with me (Other than Mrs DS, I've only ever been with blokes and worried about keeping my trap shut & clean for the duration of a Southend match). She thoroughly enjoyed it, aside from she thought a lack of effort on the Blues part, she thought the whole afternoon was great fun, she hadn't been to a game since the 60's.

Agree with OBL, the players were great with the fans after, but also beforehand, we were sat at the fron of the East and several came over to sign autographs for kids before kickoff (morris, evans, herd, grant, mohsni).

Also the Burton swore at the East, a big '**** OFF' after he took two dives and the crowd got on his back, loud enough not for us not to need to lip read.

ratings:
Morris - 8 - Impressed, assured some & good stops
Clohessey - 6.5 - Got forward plenty, but got caught out a few times.
Prosser - 6 - Defensively...ok, aerially superb, but hopeless at passing and just pumped it forward too often.
Barker - 7 - solid.
Mohsni - 7.5 - I was impressed at how restrained he was, and his decision making was much improved imho.
Ferdinand - 7 - First time I've seen him play, looked good broke up play well.
Easton - 5.5 - Game totally passed him by.
Grant - 6.5 - won us plenty before his injury.
Hall - 6 - Big disappointment today, not influence other than the corner for the goal.
Sturrock - 6 - Usual hard work, should have scored but for a great save.
Corr - 6.5 - Well taken header.

Subs
Sawyer - 7 - Bright spark but didn't take us forward enough.
Crawford - 5 - did little.
Coughlan n/a - not enough to do!

Back