• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well, the dust is settling. Poor weather etcetera but we have a full strength squad with cover and options across the board.

I'm not quite sure to make of our position with still over half the season to go. :unsure:

Well, the dust is settling. Poor weather etcetera but we have a full strength squad with cover and options across the board.

I'm not quite sure to make of our position with still over half the season to go. :unsure:

Its very close in the top half, 3 games in a week over the festive period 6 points minimum to stay in touch going into the new year.

Bentley 6

White- 7
Kernion-6
Prosser 8- Hope he's ok
Coker 6/7

Atkinson 7 (does he ever stop running)
Leonard 6
Timlin 6/7

Hurst 7
Corr 6
Straker 5

SUBS
Woodrow 6
Eastwood 6
Phillips 6, some of his clearances :stunned:

I was really Concerned when Phillips came on for prosser,and unfortunately Phillips proved me right. To me prosser proved once again that he is our first choice cb. Can anyone understand why it took so long to replace starker.he was woefull

Phillips has always been a player who needs a game or two to get into the swing of things.

According to OBL Corr did very little, but that was a lovely flick on in the build up to Hurst's goal.

Phillips has always been a player who needs a game or two to get into the swing of things.

According to OBL Corr did very little, but that was a lovely flick on in the build up to Hurst's goal.

Yes, lovely one touch stuff from Bentley's goal kick, Corr and Timlin. When he wins a header he usually plays it off well, but he just wasn't having a lot of success last night.

Yes, lovely one touch stuff from Bentley's goal kick, Corr and Timlin. When he wins a header he usually plays it off well, but he just wasn't having a lot of success last night.

Route one goal, as they said on the BP commentary.Though it was a wonderful finish by Hurst.

Thought Corr's misplaced pass, straight to a Dale player, in the second half was a classic.:dim:

Not convinced the formation gets the best out of Corr. Unless players get beyond him his flicks are going no where. That said too often he was caught offside and he should have done better with the header that clipped the bar. Straker was poor, Timlin scrapped away in midfield, while Atkinson played with great energy. Leonard was not his usual self and I felt we missed Laird in midfield. I like the extra movement Woodrow brings and would like to see him and Corr given an extended run over the Xmas period.

Not convinced the formation gets the best out of Corr. Unless players get beyond him his flicks are going no where. That said too often he was caught offside and he should have done better with the header that clipped the bar. Straker was poor, Timlin scrapped away in midfield, while Atkinson played with great energy. Leonard was not his usual self and I felt we missed Laird in midfield. I like the extra movement Woodrow brings and would like to see him and Corr given an extended run over the Xmas period.

The problem wasn't so much players getting behind Corr (not that happened either) but in directing the ball to Corr. Corr won pretty much anything within 15 yards of him - it's just we couldn't get much within 15 yards of him!

The header he hit the bar with was difficult to beat the keeper from that angle and distance out from that delivery.

Kiernan had a much easier header from a corner which already had the necessary pace on and was positioned a lot more centrally and closer in when he only had to direct it under the bar.

Overall we didn't create much and looked disjointed in building attacks once Leonard was taken off. He may not have had his best game but he moves the ball a lot quicker and to different directions of attack. I thought Atkinson should have been the one to make way. He runs around a lot but is very heads down. I'm amazed that Laird didn't play though. EVeryone was bemoaning his injury, he comes back and has one bad game (didn't go, so I'm assuming he was bad if he was subbed after an hour) and is then dropped.

I think playing alongside Woodrow would get a lot more out of Corr - if we could actually give him some service.

TI think playing alongside Woodrow would get a lot more out of Corr - if we could actually give him some service.

Personally,I think we'd get a lot more out of Corr if he was on the bench.:winking:

Having said that, I was extremely impressed by his performance against Brentford in the Cup last year.

A tenner says he won't score against Millwall (loser to pay SZ).Up for it? :unsure:

Last edited:
Back