• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend 1 Grays 4

I did think the 4-1 score flattered them a bit we did hit the woodwork a few times and missed some very good chances as well, Gray missed his obligotory 1-on-1's again, Smith & Lawson missed good chances when left with the keeper to beat as well.

i always thought these games were useful in getting/keeping players match fit. If we are going half hearted into these games players are never going to be ready for full first team action if required. The Rushden game was also a classic example for some players not being sharp enough for a proper game. There is not many reserve games as it to get players fit.

The good news of course that it means our feeder club is still producing good talent for us!

We were a bit crap last night, but the scoreline flattered Grays a bit. Still, I haven't met anyone who is actually particularly bothered that we're out...

Looked to me last night that the main concern was don't get injured, Jay didn't reall get stuck in nor did Petts. Having said that Petts looked way off the pace and the game seemed to pass him by.
The goalie Joe Welsh looked really shaky apart from one point blank stop in the first half, seemed reluctant to leave his line.

Anyway bring on Barnet and Swansea!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wickford Blue @ Nov. 02 2005,11:38)]The goalie ____looked really shaky apart from one point blank stop in the first half, seemed reluctant to leave his line.
Fill the blanks  
wink.gif

Bit late I know, but does anyone have any idea what the attendance was for Senior Cup Match?? Not even sure if the attendance was published anyway, but if someone knows, then it would be much appreciated.

Back