• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Nov. 27 2004,10:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Proud Shrimper @ Nov. 27 2004,02:01)]Only players to come out with any praise are Eastwood who showed some nice touches and scored a cracking goal, he still looks like the only player in our squad who can score from nothing - a true sign of a natural goalscorer.
Would agree with you about Hunt who had an absolute mare. Don't think there's anything more to add there other than I hope he starts next game on the bench.

Think the criticism to Jupp is very unfair though as me and several others around me said he was having a much better game than he has recently, but then he obviously made that awful backpass and not sure what was going through his mind.

What I can't agree with you on though is the game you saw Eastwood play.

If I was giving match ratings Eastwood would have been lucky to get a 5 out of me. Only reason anyone could give him a 6 is because of his goal.
Thats the fourth game running now where he has not looked the same player as we had on-loan. Yes he can produce something special out of nothing as we saw last night, but if he wouldn't have scored then we would be highlighting that he actually did nothing else for the rest of the game to help out his team-mates. He really needs to start looking for the easy ball, every time he gets it he is looking for the perfect pass. Something I think Tilly will be keen to improve on his game. This is also where he could learn from Maher and realise its not such a tragedy should the ball go sideways.

He is though an obvious talent and by moaning about him highlights how far we have come recently!
I hope Hunt doesn't start the next game on the bench at all, preferably it will be at right-back. I respect your opinion in your reply about Jupp but to be honest if you and several others around you thought he was having a better game than he has recently last night then what does that say about his form over the last couple of months?!!

Again I'd respect anyone's opinions on here as thats exactly what this board is for but IMHO Eastwood had a decent game last night regardless of his goal. People have to realise that the start he had with us was explosive and it would be unrealistic to think he could continue in that vein all of the time. The strike was top notch (again with his supposed weaker foot) but he gave more than just that in his performance. I agree that he was anonymous against Luton and Yeovil but his touch last night was very good and he links well with the midfield, for a natural goalscorer he looks comfortable dropping off deep when necessary which is especially useful if the forwards are lacking service as its a way of bringing himself into the game. Very quick feet and another aspect of his game which is a useful asset is that he hardly ever gives away possession which is vital in allowing the midfield to get forward (Gower and Pettefer in particular). He whent off the boil a bit after his goal but he had clearly picked up a knock to his ankle and IMO should have been replaced, I feel the only reason Tilly left him on was because again like his goal he is the only striker we have who can get a goal out of nothing - given the lack of creativity last night we needed someone like that on the pitch.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr Wooly @ Nov. 26 2004,22:58)]Tonight was a perfect example of how badly we miss Maher. The game was crying out for him to dictate the play from midfield.
Spot on. Maher is to us what Gerrard is to Liverpool and Roy Keane was, in his prime, to ManUre. He is the lynchpin that holds the team together and even when not at his best he enables other players to play to their best. He's always available (take note Hunt) to receive the ball when team mates are in a tight spot and rarely squanders possession. They only thing missing is he doesn't score enough goals. If he did, he'd be a Championship player.

To me, the poor Maher-less performance against Grimsby was not unexpected. To all (currently very silent) Maher critics, can you please tell me when we last played well without Maher? I certainy can't remember.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr Wooly @ Nov. 26 2004,22:58)]Tonight was a perfect example of how badly we miss Maher. The game was crying out for him to dictate the play from midfield. Tonight, the central midfield was non-existent at times, and the amount of wayward and mis-placed passes really let us down. On a positive note, we havn't lost; last season we would have done, I'm pretty sure of that.

Griemink MOM as well. Top man. His best game for Southend. That save at end topped off a fine performance.
R u having a laugh, how much we miss Maher. Well I have to say me and my mate was sitting in the bar when we was 1-0 down and said to each other, i bet any money you like, on shrimperzone they will be saying how much we miss Maher.

We must be able to tell the future! Shame we cant do it with the lottery!!
Regards

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly'sblue&whiteARMY @ Nov. 27 2004,22:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr Wooly @ Nov. 26 2004,22:58)]Tonight was a perfect example of how badly we miss Maher. The game was crying out for him to dictate the play from midfield. Tonight, the central midfield was non-existent at times, and the amount of wayward and mis-placed passes really let us down. On a positive note, we havn't lost; last season we would have done, I'm pretty sure of that.

Griemink MOM as well. Top man. His best game for Southend. That save at end topped off a fine performance.
R u having a laugh, how much we miss Maher.  Well I have to say me and my mate was sitting in the bar when we was 1-0 down and said to each other, i bet any money you like, on shrimperzone they will be saying how much we miss Maher.

Regards
So, when did we last play well without Maher?  

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly'sblue&whiteARMY @ Nov. 27 2004,22:30)]I cant remember but Maher is crap face it
Well that was a well reasoned comment which just shows why such contempt is shown to you on this board.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly'sblue&whiteARMY @ Nov. 27 2004,22:30)]I cant remember but Maher is crap face it
One of the longest serving players our beloved club has ever had, and you call him crap?

Do you wish to expand on your views?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr Wooly @ Nov. 27 2004,22:45)]
[b said:
One of the longest serving players our beloved club has ever had, and you call him crap?

Do you wish to expand on your views?
I don't think he can. He lacks a certain 'je ne sais quoi' to make eloquent statements!

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this guy is on a wind-up. No-one can be SO anti-player that he is blind to the possibility that such player is one of the major keys in the success on the pitch (alebit a noisy one).

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Nov. 28 2004,10:05)]He lacks a certain 'je ne c'est pas' to make eloquent statements!
Shouldn't that be 'Je ne sais quoi'?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Nov. 28 2004,13:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Nov. 28 2004,10:05)]He lacks a certain 'je ne c'est pas' to make eloquent statements!

rock.gif
Probably!

WS

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Nov. 28 2004,13:39)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Nov. 28 2004,10:05)]He lacks a certain 'je ne c'est pas' to make eloquent statements!

rock.gif
Probably!

WS

wink.gif
guess that's why you moved to Spain and not France....

wink.gif

[b said:
[b said:

rock.gif
I don't know..

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Nov. 28 2004,14:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Nov. 28 2004,13:39)]
[b said:
[b said:

rock.gif
Probably!

WS

wink.gif
guess that's why you moved to Spain and not France....

wink.gif
¡Tienes razon!

WS

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly'sblue&whiteARMY @ Nov. 27 2004,22:24)]
[b said:

R u having a laugh, how much we miss Maher.  Well I have to say me and my mate was sitting in the bar when we was 1-0 down and said to each other, i bet any money you like, on shrimperzone they will be saying how much we miss Maher.

Regards
It's probably said because we do miss Maher. Perhaps you'd be better off staying in the bar the amount of cra*you come out with.

The guy's probably an Orient fan p***ed off about losing out on Maher, the bloke's a complete prat IMO.

Back