• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In terms of memorable games I know we do these lists from time to time but this is a shoe in for the top 10 of all time. It was one hell of a night and seeing those clips brought back so many good memories.

In terms of memorable games I know we do these lists from time to time but this is a shoe in for the top 10 of all time. It was one hell of a night and seeing those clips brought back so many good memories.

Tony I have the complete match on DVD. Once copied, I'll send you a copy.

Cheers Paul. Correct me if my memory blurs me but apart from his sending off I'm suggesting it was his all round performance in this game alone that elevated Donut to legendary status. It's also one of the too few games my Dad has been to in the last 30 years but the one he talks about the most. I'm back in the Uk 10th August for definitely 2 possibly 3 weeks

Cheers Paul. Correct me if my memory blurs me but apart from his sending off I'm suggesting it was his all round performance in this game alone that elevated Donut to legendary status. It's also one of the too few games my Dad has been to in the last 30 years but the one he talks about the most. I'm back in the Uk 10th August for definitely 2 possibly 3 weeks

What a coincidence. I'm in Hong Kong in August.

Give us a shout when you get back. What impressed me more was not Donut winning every single ball in the air, but how good Paul Roberts' throws were. Better than Johnny Herd's in any case. Also, how many direct balls we played for Donut to win and hopefully knock down for Crown or Butler coming up through the middle.

I was in the North Bank for that goal and have memories of Pyscho Bennett almost scoring and I think smashing into the upright ......... memory might be playing me tricks but it was a very good night - love the footage of David Crown - a true superstar in our midst at every home game.

Donut only has legendary status in the same way that Drewe has it, in that they were both crap but tried..

Well I'm glad some people can take enjoyment out of that because I certainly couldn't what with all that aerial ping pong. Get it on the deck! If I wanted to watch rubbish like that I'd go down the park. It may be effective but I certainly wouldn't want to watch it. It wasn't even effective as we lost etc etc Sturrock out.

Back