• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Airport Poll

Please vote if you have flown to, or are booked to fly to these destinations from SEN

• Total voters
Runway isnt long enough to carry the fuel for long haul
The advertised Flights to America involve a change at Dublin

I reckon they could. Enough fuel to get to Amsterdam and fly from there. I've seen clips of short take off 747s. There's also a clip of one landing at an airstrip, France I think, to be retired. Runway just about long enough for it to land though I think it had 2 aborts but too short for it to take off again.

My flight to Blighty leaves in just under 2 hours. Lands 0450 Heathrow. Missed my Costa Coffee amongst other things. Genuinely looking forward to the cold, fresh air.

I reckon they could. Enough fuel to get to Amsterdam and fly from there. I've seen clips of short take off 747s. There's also a clip of one landing at an airstrip, France I think, to be retired. Runway just about long enough for it to land though I think it had 2 aborts but too short for it to take off again.

My flight to Blighty leaves in just under 2 hours. Lands 0450 Heathrow. Missed my Costa Coffee amongst other things. Genuinely looking forward to the cold, fresh air.

Not sure about that, the Airbus A319's Easyjet use from Southend have a max range of 6,900 KM's. How far is HK from Amsterdam?

Had a week at Venice a couple of weeks ago. Nice place but there was a strike on the Friday I was coming home which was a bit annoying. The airport was decent, bigger than I expected but had to wait out in the cold after getting off the plane waiting to go through border control.

Had a week at Venice a couple of weeks ago. Nice place but there was a strike on the Friday I was coming home which was a bit annoying. The airport was decent, bigger than I expected but had to wait out in the cold after getting off the plane waiting to go through border control.

We got to Venice on that Friday with the strike, which was pretty annoying.

Great place though.

Used Southend airport a few times last year and made a point to use it more this year (Spain GP in Barcelona, Portugal, Dublin & in Dec Berlin). It is a great facility, happy to never visit Gatwick / Luton / Stansted again.

Back