• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

AndyT

Lord of the Reedy River
Handy news for away games.

Flybe opening up 3 times daily Southend to Manchester flights! :thumbsup:

Handy news for away games.

Flybe opening up 3 times daily Southend to Manchester flights! :thumbsup:

That's a bold move being 3 times a day... Though, I think they'll do quite well.

Southend Airport is certainly an up and coming one. Great for the local people.

I thought that, too. 3 times a day is risky. Might be good for connecting to International flights. They are starting up Glasgow and re-starting Dublin, as well.

Hopefully a nice morning flight up on a Saturday and about 7.30pm back would be perfect.

I thought that, too. 3 times a day is risky. Might be good for connecting to International flights. They are starting up Glasgow and re-starting Dublin, as well.

Hopefully a nice morning flight up on a Saturday and about 7.30pm back would be perfect.

Glasgow will do well also, it's a nice City. As for Dublin, that's a no brainer, lovely City.

How many clubs in and around Manchester will we play next season. My mind's gone blank and can only think of Bury. Would be good for visiting teams also. 4 hour coach journey each way or jump on a flight where you'll be up in the air for about 20 minutes before the plane starts it's landing.

And would be cheaper than the train.

These proposed new flights are good news, I just hope that they operate on Saturdays as well rather than just Monday - Friday. time will tell.

That's a bold move being 3 times a day... Though, I think they'll do quite well.

Southend Airport is certainly an up and coming one. Great for the local people.

I suppose it also depends on the size of the plane.

Well chuffed about this!

My firm has an office at Liverpool Street and if I have to go down there at short notice it's over £300 on the train, so this could be a genuine viable alternative for me. BA have a route from Manchester to Heathrow but it's often full and mainly for connections, so isn't very cheap on its own.

Glasgow will do well also, it's a nice City. As for Dublin, that's a no brainer, lovely City.

How many clubs in and around Manchester will we play next season. My mind's gone blank and can only think of Bury. Would be good for visiting teams also. 4 hour coach journey each way or jump on a flight where you'll be up in the air for about 20 minutes before the plane starts it's landing.

My neice is seeing a guy who lives in Dublin. I think she's looking forward to that too.

Regarding Saturday flights:

Southend - Manchester
06:40 - 07:45

Manchester - Southend
08:30 - 09:35

So there's only one flight each way on a Sat in the morning, so not useful for a day trip but could work nicely for a weekend away in the NW.

Flights to Manchester on a Saturday leave at 6:40 with an ETA of 7:45, however, the only flight back leaves Manchester at 8:30.

Service starts Sunday 29 October.

Southend - Manchester

Manchester - Southend

So there's only one flight each way on a Sat in the morning, so not useful for a day trip but could work nicely for a weekend away in the NW.

There's nothing nice about being at an airport at 6am on a weekend.

Southend - Manchester

Manchester - Southend

What about flights back on Sunday? Still, they're great flights and locations. I hope they do really well.

There's nothing nice about being at an airport at 6am on a weekend.

Not so bad if you only live 10 minutes away and you're off on your holidays....... I for one could live with an early start and when you arrive home, you jump in a cab and back home in 10 minutes :thumbsup:

el4dDpm.png

Not so bad if you only live 10 minutes away and you're off on your holidays....... I for one could live with an early start and when you arrive home, you jump in a cab and back home in 10 minutes :thumbsup:

It gets worse.

If being at an airport at 6am on a weekend wasn't bad enough you are now holidaying in Manchester as well.

Looks like we want an away game at Rochdale, Bury or Oldham on a Sunday. Leave Southend at 11:00 and return on the 20:40.

If they had those times on a Saturday it would make all the North West away games achievable by plane.

It gets worse.

If being at an airport at 6am on a weekend wasn't bad enough you are now holidaying in Manchester as well.

A lot of international flights out of Southend are early in the morning, I can live with that. Even a long weekend away in Manchester, Glasgow or Dublin :smile:

Back