• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Airport

BBMF flying in and out of Southend Airport this weekend to and from several air shows - love hearing those engines....have seen the spitfire, hoping to see and hear the Lancaster at some point.

BBMF flying in and out of Southend Airport this weekend to and from several air shows - love hearing those engines....have seen the spitfire, hoping to see and hear the Lancaster at some point.

[barna] When I worked there whenever they flew in you could guarantee the Lanc would break down. It would end up staying on the pan for a good week whilst they sorted it. [/barna]

If anyone wants to see the Lancaster, Dakota, Hurricane or Spitfire today they are due to fly out of Southend around 11:30 and return around 13:30 ?

They actually got airbourne around 12:30 and a marvellous sight they were too. First the Dakota, then the Lancaster and then followed up by the Hurricane and the Spitfire. What I found amazing was that the Lancaster was actually quieter than both Ryan Air and Easy Jet aircraft.

They actually got airbourne around 12:30 and a marvellous sight they were too. First the Dakota, then the Lancaster and then followed up by the Hurricane and the Spitfire. What I found amazing was that the Lancaster was actually quieter than both Ryan Air and Easy Jet aircraft.
They should play that lovely "Merlin" sound through an amplifier.

I was at Hadleigh Castle when they all flew over, was wonderful to see.

On Saturday, the Lancaster took off and flew right over my house lower than any plane ever has, truly glorious sight

They didn't want to wake the Germans up

Night time freight flights starting soon. Southend airport has a monthly night allowance plus diversions, usually from city airport when it’s fogged in .. those allowances will be gradually moved towards larger freighters

Has anyone flown from Southend to Amsterdam and if so what is the time in the air

I am a terrible passenger flying and looking at taking the wife to Tulip festival in April for her 60 th, looking at train but its nearly 5 hours from London and was going to bite the bullet and fly

Bulb fields only 30 mins from Amsterdam so was booking a weekend and seemed a lot of lost time if going by train, the thought of a small plane and props doesn't make me feel easy, but will board if only short hop

"In space no one can hear you scream " :ROFL:

Has anyone flown from Southend to Amsterdam and if so what is the time in the air

I am a terrible passenger flying and looking at taking the wife to Tulip festival in April for her 60 th, looking at train but its nearly 5 hours from London and was going to bite the bullet and fly

Bulb fields only 30 mins from Amsterdam so was booking a weekend and seemed a lot of lost time if going by train, the thought of a small plane and props doesn't make me feel easy, but will board if only short hop

Amsterdam is via Easyjet so won't be a prop plane. An hour at most, the time will fly by

You'll spend more time taxiing at Schiphol than you'll actually spend in the air.

Thanks its the 60 mins sitting in a steel tube that has no right to be airborne is my concern !!1

I know its the safest way to travel ....... but following Southend I'm bound to have Kevin Bond on board and he will take us down over the Channel :ROFL: ( Only joking KB if reading , I'm still one fan on your side )

Thanks its the 60 mins sitting in a steel tube that has no right to be airborne is my concern !!1

I know its the safest way to travel ....... but following Southend I'm bound to have Kevin Bond on board and he will take us down over the Channel :ROFL: ( Only joking KB if reading , I'm still one fan on your side )

If he's the pilot he'll change his mind mid flight and you're end up in Turin ?

Taking the wife to the “tulip festival”

Yeah, sure you are....

Taking the wife to the “tulip festival”

Yeah, sure you are....

Young man I am an age where, when I pay my money for personal services and when the chance comes, I have forgotten what I was paying for and walk out less 50 euros in my wallet

So yes Tulip fields it will be :Highfive:

I flew to Manchester on a prop plane for the Blackburn game......Absolutely never again...Well not with Southend fans.

When the captain announced his name there were groans of feeling 'underwhelmed' and other available pilots names were shouted out, especially those that had done well with small Cessna's.

Several fans started chanting you don't know what your doing as we waited for clearance. Take off was almost aborted because the co-pilot and navigator were more comfortable flying over Rochford rather than Leigh.......Well we don't actually know but that's what many on board assumed. I had more trust in their professionalism.

I just kept quiet and was glad we landed safely at Manchester. The bizarre thing is all the doubters were now cheering the pilot and chairing him through arrivals.

Fickle lot football fans.

Back