• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Airport

I remember a letter in Viz where 'Eddie' from Carlisle said that he makes his drivers paint the names of any women they have killed on their trucks in the spirit of full disclosure.

Eddie Stobart about to go under. Luckily all the talk of him buying the club, financing the new stadium never happened or we would be in sh*t street.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...t-transport-firm-teeters-on-brink-of-collapse

Eddie Stobart has nothing to do with the airport. Stobart Group owns both and this is purely related to the Eddie Stobart Transport which has been having problems for years. Stobart Aviation are doing really well and having great success with both Southend and Carlisle.

Eddie Stobart has nothing to do with the airport. Stobart Group owns both and this is purely related to the Eddie Stobart Transport which has been having problems for years. Stobart Aviation are doing really well and having great success with both Southend and Carlisle.

Well I just picked a thread rather than start a new one!

I love City airport, so quick and easy plus I like the smaller planes with twin seats rather that triple seats. You never get stuck in the middle between 2 fatties.
Flew on an A220 the other day which was a new plane for me to tick off, really nice aircraft with a 3-2 seat configuration.

Just got back from Tenerife, flying Sleazy Jet from Southend, horrendous lack of legroom on both flights, even Wee Jimmy Krankie would have had trouble squeezing in to the seat pitch. Be warned!!

Just got back from Tenerife, flying Sleazy Jet from Southend, horrendous lack of legroom on both flights, even Wee Jimmy Krankie would have had trouble squeezing in to the seat pitch. Be warned!!

Maybe it could be a question for Nicola Sturgeon at a leaders debate:Smile:

Eddie Stobart about to go under. Luckily all the talk of him buying the club, financing the new stadium never happened or we would be in sh*t street.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...t-transport-firm-teeters-on-brink-of-collapse

Nowt to do with Stobart any more

He then sold off the original Eddie Stobart Logistics (trucking and warehousing) arm in 2014 to private equity firm Douglas Bay Capital, (DBay) who put William Stobart in charge.
DBC then floated it , so its totally unrelated , other than they have similar names , to the company running the Airport

Oops Ricey beat me to it....

Last edited:
Looks like staff at Southend airport are going on strike over the Xmas period then.

By any chance if that relating to pay? They always have been known for underpaying staff. Their salaries for the roles are shocking.

By any chance if that relating to pay? They always have been known for underpaying staff. Their salaries for the roles are shocking.
Yep pay is one reason, same at Stansted, so glad I don’t work for them, Stobart have to many fingers in to many pies.

Well I'm flying out boxing day so they better be up and running
The last thing I would want is to put the bockers on your flight Webby, but as we are now treated to 2/3 flights over our house in the early hours of the morning, daily, I would be quite happy if the Airport were to seize up completely over the Christmas period.

Back